Code of Conduct
    akenep

Default There are so many summer versions..which is the best?

There is Issey Summer, Eternity Summer, Burberry Summer, CK Be Summer, etc...there are so many more.
    Which of the summer version is the best for everyday and night use and why?
    Last edited by akenep; 20th April 2008 at 07:42 PM.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: There are so many summer versions..which is the best?

I personally like the summer version of YSL Opium pour Homme. I know in previous years it has been called Opium pour Homme Eau d'Orient, but I think I read that his year's version is called Opium pour Homme Eau d'Orient Poésie de Chine.

I am a big fan of the original Opium pour Homme, but it is way too heavy of an oriental scent to wear in the summer. The Eau d'Orient version is a lighter/fresher/modern take on the original with the introduction of notes such as grapefruit and vetiver. Plus I think it has pretty gone longevity for a summer scent.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I agree, except that I can't wear the original - yes, tooooo heavy. But this summer version is a quite good new formula. Easily the best quality summer scent I know.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I personally like the summer version of YSL Opium pour Homme. I know in previous years it has been called Opium pour Homme Eau d'Orient, but I think I read that his year's version is called Opium pour Homme Eau d'Orient Poésie de Chine.

I am a big fan of the original Opium pour Homme, but it is way too heavy of an oriental scent to wear in the summer. The Eau d'Orient version is a lighter/fresher/modern take on the original with the introduction of notes such as grapefruit and vetiver. Plus I think it has pretty gone longevity for a summer scent.
    I am in Europe for another week and I just purchased YSL Opium Eau d'Orient. I am a big fan of it too.

On the box it says: "Opium Pour Homme". Below that it says: "Poésie de Chine". Below that it says "Eau d'Orient".

You mentioned grapefruit... In other scents I sampled (can't remember which ones at the moment) that say there is grapefruit, I can't smell it. I can definitely smell the grapefruit in this scent. It is very nice.

I am in Hannover for an exhibition and today I set up the booth. Since I just got my Opium Eau d'Orient, I had to try it. I was sweating all day today and even at the end of the day, I could still smell it. It wasn't strong but still there. I sprayed a little more before I went to dinner (in the train station lol).

Good luck with your choice

Never heard of the light Opium, sounds very interesting. The original Opium PH used to be one of my favourite scent, but I got tired of it because it was too loud. I have Burberry Summer which is a nice scent, but maybe it's a bit too light and generic.

Well, a lot of times it is hard to really criticise a summer version of an EDT without considering the original version. IMO, the best improvement from Original to Summer is Eternity and A*man (now ice*man). Nothing like their predecessors. M7 Fresh is the best of the limited edition reformulations but not really appropriate for summer. Id's say the best summer version is Fahrenheit Summer.

I have not tried any of the été versions of Kouros.
    Last edited by irish; 20th April 2008 at 09:07 PM.

akenep

What is the big noticeable difference between regular Issey and the Issey Summer 2008?

Not titled as a "Summer" edition but I prefer Kouros Fraicheur over all the others you've listed.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akenep View Post
    What is the big noticeable difference between regular Issey and the Issey Summer 2008?
    More lemon in the opening, & the longevity isn't very good. The bottle is really cool, though.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I am finding myself being drawn to Hermes Un Jardin En Mediterranee.
    ===
    “… [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me naïve, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross.” ~ David Sedaris

I usually don't like watered down summer versions. But the ones I find really speacial are summer / light versions of:
    Opium D'Orient
    Fahrenheit Summer/Fresh
    Rive Gauche Light
    L'eau Bleau D'Issey Light
    M7 Fresh