Code of Conduct

Exclamation Kenzo vintage, new limited edition unisex perfume. But: is it really unisex???

Perfumist: Annick Menardo.

Countains mandarine, heliotrope flower, cherry, tonka bean, vanilla, white musk and cedarwood.

I always respect highly the Kenzo launches beacuse of its originality, the distinctive of its perfumes, but this peculiarities seemed to vanish, nor only in this company, as it looks like it is becoming a shared characteristic in the perfumists, like there's a crisis in the perfumery industry where all the recent launches exhudes lack of originality and they mute themselves into something more bald and mainstream.

Kenzo has decided to celebrate its 20th anniversary launching this fragrance as a reminiscent of the 70's when Kenzo just started his designer career in Paris. The perfume is claimed as unisex.
    It smells subtle and nostalgic hippie, sweet and represents very well the whole marketing image and the color of the bottle. Violet and simple.
    The formulation is centered in the cedar and heliotrope.
    This is another orientated launch for the young public, as the previous fiasco called Tokyo. It’s a soft oriental woody, something like a dreamy material made of weaved milk, wood, and fruits.

Vintage starts fresh with a blast of mandarine and the introduction of the heliotrope.
    The initial life of the scent it's kind of great and distinctive, where the flowery hint remains in the background but is noticiable still.

But after a little while the juice goes rather in a feminine side with the entrance of an oversweet cherry fruity note, that quickly reminds me loads of youth sweet girly perfumes in the market.
    “Vintage” soon claims a prolongs previous olfactory themes as “Amour”, “Summer”, etc…
    Soft powdery textures comes along and as the merges into a creamy wood touch, (tonka bean, cedar and vanilla).The flower-power side: a deep, shy purple halo embraces it all in a fantastic cloud like recreation. It really has a patchouli character on it even that note never been mentioned.

The fragrance is marvellous, being kind of nostalgic, innocent but also naughty. I can picture out loads of young consumers using it on play out moments… But I cannot see many men wearing it.
    With “Vintage” the Japanese mark makes a clever step bringing to life the first suitable flowery for the men following the actual trend in perfumery, regarding the next step, “Power” the next serious flower-based masculine cologne.

Long lasting is average. 4 hours and become rather close to skin with not projection what so ever.
    Last edited by madridbatabidd; 9th August 2008 at 04:44 PM.
    Read my perfume reviews at: http://perfumenoparatodos.blogspot.com/

Digital art portfolio: www.dreamlandpostcards.com

Default Re: Kenzo vintage, new limited edition unisex perfume. But: is it really unisex???

Thanks for the update....I was afraid of something like this....I've been thinking about adding a Kenzo to my collection.....It will probably end up being Kenzo Pour Homme.
    Gary

Default Re: Kenzo vintage, new limited edition unisex perfume. But: is it really unisex???

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    Thanks for the update....I was afraid of something like this....I've been thinking about adding a Kenzo to my collection.....It will probably end up being Kenzo Pour Homme.
    Gary
    You better stick on it, classic never let you down hehe
    Read my perfume reviews at: http://perfumenoparatodos.blogspot.com/

Digital art portfolio: www.dreamlandpostcards.com