Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Tuesday 22 April

Was craving for coffee, so CdG WoodCoffee called me today.

Enjoy your day!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Tuesday 22 April

It looks like Spring has arrived. Finally! :wave:

I'm in Bvlgari's Pour Femme.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Craving Un Bois Vanille after trying it for the first time yesterday. I put on my yummy L de Lolita Lempicka in an attempt to satisfy the craving.

First post for a few days - for some reason the server kept telling me it was busy last week (and then I was busy at the weekend).

Musc Ravageur today, which I wore yesterday also.
    Have a good day peeps. Looks as though the sun is finally shining in England.

Dia - Amouage, for me today.
    Have a wonderful day, all!

A lovely, warm spring day here in Norway today!

I sprayed on some L´Air du Temps this morning. Sometimes I just can´t stand this scent on me, but today it *sat*. Maybe it is one of those frags that turns evil when I put on too much (still happens a lot...)

Hey! A big THANK YOU to everyone who wished me welcome back from my lurking yesterday - love ya!!!

:bounce:
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Was up late last night finishing off an assignment that's not due til next week, so as a midnight pick-me-up wore TBS Vanilla. It stuck around for most of the morning, then was replaced with Fleurs de Bulgarie.

I think Tavorna has me craving Un Bois Vanille now too. But instead for my SotE(/SotN?) I picked up and sprayed Ambre Sultan, having not found my UBV sample. Decided I preferred Ambre Narguile and so dabbed that on the other wrist to compare. Wow everytime I test Narguile it just keeps getting better! Thanks tdi!

Have a great day everyone

I'm jumping ion while I still can-
    In Grand Amour, day 2, off to work.
    NEED REST.

Love you !

Good morning, near and far!

My package from Mr. Montale came this morning, so I am proudly wearing my first oudh scent ever

Red Aoud

Bought blind, trusting AgentProvocateur's tastes !:wave:
    She was right, it's excellent. A little bit stronger than White Aoud, for which I also fell
    Notes are Aoud, Pepper, Rose, Saffron, Cumin, Vetiver from Haiti, Mysore Sandalwood.

As a side note, Montale's customer service seems to be less than consistent. No free travel size in sight and NO samples (and I assure you, I asked for them).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Samsara, which I haven't worn in a long time. Warm and creamy scent on a cold, clear day.
    Come play with us (click on the Basenotes link) http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=195893

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone, Fragonard Grain de Soleil for me today.
    Notes: rose, jasmine, iris, cinnamon, amber, vanilla, incense

Have a wonderful day, all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Chêne - Serge Lutens

Good morning everybody For this grey winther's day I'm in Coco Chanel.Need the extra "oompf" it gives me. Enjoy your day!

wow, everyone smells snoogly good today!
    I am joining you in Angel...what a surprise for me!
    Somehow it is just sweet and earthy enough to please me.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Juiced up in the juicy, four-star
    Juicy Couture
    form a juicy BNer sample (thankyouthankyouthankyou!!)

:bounce::bounce::bounce:Tuberose extraordinaire!! :bounce::bounce::bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Do you, ladies (and gents!), have days when you get up, try about three fragrances deciding what to wear and finally dismiss every one of them for various reasons? Welcome to my mornings!

I think I will wear Giorgio Armani Cuir Amethyste from the Prive line, thanks to a fabulous BN across the Pacific Ocean. Back in 2006 I read reviews of it, dissing this scent for the lack of longevity and leather among other things, and never had a chance to try it myself. And guess what? That's the way *aha aha*! Too bad I can't go to the ball. Again!

CdG's energy C lime

I have to take daughter No.2 to the pulmonologist this am and scent is highly frowned on in the office I will be scent free for a couple of hours! I'm going to throw a couple of samples in my purse so my SotD will be a grab bag surprise. I'm going to the Allison Krause /Robert Plant concert tonight so I will wear something special later.

Can't quite tell yet whether I'm getting sick or the newly budded maple trees are kicking my allergies into high gear. Needed something light and herbal, so Borsari's Acqua Della Macchia Mediterranea for me today.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Trying out Liz Zorn's VanillaVille today.

:bounce::bounce: Caps / Flyers Game 7 TONIGHT!!!! YIPEE!!!!! :bounce::bounce:
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

M7 as SotD.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I am wearing Parfum de Therese. A fragrance of pure beauty, it makes me feel more beautiful when I wear it. My bottle is almost empty. Even with this downed economy, I do know that it must be replaced. My husband doesn't view it as essential, but he is so wrong.

Do so agree with you Therese (how nice to have a perfume named
    after you!!) I too adore LPDT. Decided to wear Angel today - hope I
    don't regret it later. It tends to turn a bit strange on me after a few hours.
    The opening is a delight, however.
    Last edited by kewart; 22nd April 2008 at 01:14 PM. Reason: letter left out

Today I'm in the mood for Coco! Not sure why, just cravin' it!

Lagerfeld Classic -- warm, powdery opoponax on an overcast day

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Rocking out in Bandit! Smelling gorgeous and feeling invincible. Happy Tues to y'all!

Am sampling Coney Island.
    The splendor of the rose and the whiteness of the lily do not rob the little violet of it’s scent nor the daisy of its simple charm. If every tiny flower wanted to be a rose, spring would lose its loveliness.”

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    Juiced up in the juicy, four-star

Juicy Couture
    form a juicy BNer sample (thankyouthankyouthankyou!!)

:bounce::bounce::bounce:Tuberose extraordinaire!! :bounce::bounce::bounce:
    I've always liked that one a lot, glad it got a decent rating! No scent yet....

Wink Re: SotD Tuesday 22 April

I felt like Sun Moon & Stars (thanks Tang - my prize from a previous contest) and I just walked into a room where my mother was and she declared I smelled delicious!

Happy Earth Day everyone!!!

Ohhh YUM!!! Lady in Black!!
    You smell divine!!!!!

Red Aoud is surely one of my
    favorite Montales! So glad you like it !

Do you as well get that slightly toasted, sugared
    pecan note mingling with the way lychee fruit
    smells like when you walk by them in the market?

Today for another gorgeous, sunny and warm day
    I've chosen to wear L’Été en Douce.
    Every time I wear it, it makes me think of lazy
    summer afternoons sitting in the shade under a tree,
    grass tickling my bare feet, sipping orange blossom
    flavored iced tea, reading a great book - everything is still
    for a moment and then a light gust of wind brings the
    scent of linden blossoms - a content smile.
    Last edited by Agent Provocateur; 22nd April 2008 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Happy Earth Day!!!
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Chanel No.5 for me today.

Flying visit while I'm back home seeing the family.
    Today I'm in Madam Rochas.
    Tavorna & Vivek - just off to the post office to send you little somethings. Enjoy!
    Hope everyone else is well and happy and I'll catch up on all the goss soon
    x
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

You all smell delicious!
    The Juicy Couture got me thinking... umm... tuberose! I drool!
    Wore Fleur du Male by JPG in the morning and changed into Chanel No. 5 at night.

Starting out the morning with a few sprays of Peacock by Philippe Venet. For those who love peachy notes but do not care for MItsouko, this is for you. It's a peachy floral without all the spice and oakmoss.
    It does not try to be Mitsouko as the peach is much more prominent and the effect is lighter and happier. As I suspected yesterday, Peacock is a spring summer sort of scent and would be nice for a Sunday brunch or afternoon gathering.

I would not hesitate to wear this to work or to a place where a light hand is necessary.

Later I think I will switch into some Matthew Wiliamson EDP as I am really longing for the summer, and MW is a very beachy scent. Maybe I'l layer it over a light coat of Hawaiian Tropic tanning oil and then go to work. Boo on work.

Hooray - server is not too busy!

Been craving roses lately, which is odd because I'm not too fond of rose fragrances. Must be the Springing of Spring. So today it's Jo Malone Red Roses.

And I'm lemming for whatever the ideal Rose Fragrance For Me is. I wish there was something like Opium Rose.
    WISHLIST: Tokyo Milk Honey & the Moon, Brooklyn Bunny Lettuce
    "Another way to take up more space is to wear perfume. I really love wearing perfume." ANDY WARHOL
    DETROIT RED WINGS: RULING THE HOCKEY UNIVERSE SINCE 1927

Good morning all.
    Czech & Speake No. 88 from the sample received yesterday. Yummers. Boyfriend loves it equally so I do believe I'll have a full bottle, please.
    But wait.. there's so much more to try! I love Basenotes and all you wonderful posters for opening up this fragrance universe so much wider for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Provocateur View Post

Red Aoud is surely one of my
    favorite Montales! So glad you like it !

Do you as well get that slightly toasted, sugared
    pecan note mingling with the way lychee fruit
    smells like when you walk by them in the market?
    Perfect description! And burn that sugar just a tiny little bit, too. Alas, when I walk in the market I don't have any fresh lychees available to sniff and compare
    However, I don't smell anything really fruity in Red Aoud...much more so in Velvet Aoud, which I liked also, but not enough to buy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Basenotes Institution

Testing Duro by Nasomotto today, for the 1st full wearing from a sample.

Scent twins with TAO today in JUICY COUTURE (again!) one of the few tuberose scents that really work on me. I love this one, and it's climbing quickly into my top 10 summer scents! A wonderful and much appreciated Xmas gift from my sweet niece!

I don't know how I missed MUSSE's return yesterday, but WECOME BACK!!

Everyone smells delicious today. Yum!
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"

Lolita Lempicka this afternoon. I got a sample of 24 Faubourg that I bought from e-bay in the post this morning and tried a spritz of that. I loved it and am looking forward to properly, but wanted something comforting not grown up this afternoon.

PdN's Sacrebleue

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Need a little group hug please.

On the way to the dentist this a.m., got pulled over by the police for an expired license on our vehicle. I never received a renewal notice, so we'll probably go to court to fight this $80+ fine and loss of three points (I had a perfect record--no speeding tickets ever!!!).

At the dentist I got the thrilling news that not only would we be prepping for two crowns, but one of the teeth warranted an impromptu a root canal. Then DH got in the dentist chair to get his final crown cemented in, only to find out it didn't fit, so they're going to re-do. Our combined teeth bills for all this are inching toward $5,000.

Hey, Tang-tang, I was going to stop at the P.O. on the way home and send you a little sumpin'-sumpin', but instead headed straight home for some soup.

La Rose du Petit Prince was my morning scent of choice. Will add something comforting later.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

{{{{QUARRY}}}}

I'm wearing Amazing Grace and it's given me a bad headache. Drat.

It's a lovely, sunny day though!

Quarry, oh my, what an impossibly difficult morning. Give that woman a comforting perfume!

Banana Republic Fresh Nectar, Smells like warm ripe nectarines with some vanilla and spice. Yum

Wow Quarry, sorry to hear about a horrible morning, you should have a nice glass of wine (or two) with the soup.

Today I have on my lovely Balahé by Leonard
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

What a dreadful day Q, yikes! *hugs*
    Last edited by spicegirl; 22nd April 2008 at 07:18 PM.
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"

O {{{{{Quarry}}}}} dear, you need a big, big hug.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

As is was a lovely bright sunny day today, I opted for Sisley Eau De Campagne. I was enraptured by it.
    Never judge anyone until you have walked a mile in their shoes

Q, I'll pray to the fairy for tooth mercy on your behalf! One thing I know for sure, just like Oprah, it's money well spent. I've never run on anyone who just loves having a partial.

BE CAREFUL with with the root-canaled tooth until you get it crowned. It's hollow and delicate, and it's a BIG BUMMER if it breaks. Ask me how I know....

I wore Mimosa pour Moi today on half my body, with Rose Essentielle on the other half. Not half bad!
    Please, spritz responsibly.

SotD(afternoon actually is Bulgari Black and I have received no less than 4 compliments since I put it on around noon.

Chanel 5

At last the server let me in. Mazzolari's perfect Patchouly on this beautiful day. Love it so much I'm wearing it as bedtime scent too.

Midnight Tryst by Neil Morris for tonight. I.LOVE.THIS.SCENT.
    Last edited by tinker424; 22nd April 2008 at 11:29 PM.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Scent-buddy with Fredricktoo this PM! Caron Pour Un Homme as SotE
    Last edited by kbe; 22nd April 2008 at 11:48 PM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Basenotes Plus

((((((Quarry)))))) ai yi yi, I'm so sorry dear! What a dreadful day. Yes, get that woman some good soup, wine and perfume, and not necessarily in that order either. xxxooo
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

shucks, sympathies to Quarry!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Eau de New York by Bond No.9
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Need a little group hug please.

On the way to the dentist this a.m., got pulled over by the police for an expired license on our vehicle. I never received a renewal notice, so we'll probably go to court to fight this $80+ fine and loss of three points (I had a perfect record--no speeding tickets ever!!!).

At the dentist I got the thrilling news that not only would we be prepping for two crowns, but one of the teeth warranted an impromptu a root canal. Then DH got in the dentist chair to get his final crown cemented in, only to find out it didn't fit, so they're going to re-do. Our combined teeth bills for all this are inching toward $5,000.

La Rose du Petit Prince was my morning scent of choice. Will add something comforting later.
    I am so sorry that you had such a rough day. Dental visits are never great for me either. "impromptu root canal? wow! I can't even imagine.

SOTD:
    CREED
    Millésime Impérial

SOTE:
    Comme des Garçons
    AVIGNON