Code of Conduct

Default Purchased 3 colonges at a ridiculously cheap price

While on my vacation, I had an interesting experience with purchasing 3 colonges that ive wanting to add to my collection for a while now. I purchased Versace Dreamer($25), Givenchy Pi($25), and Clinique Happy($47) for Men. I paid roughly $100 dollars for all 3 fragrances and all are the big bottles. I just knew I had a deal and amazingly I saw others walk up to this guys table, take a peak at what he had and walk away, both male and female. Half of these folks didnt even know what they were buying. They just thought it was a "knock off" and kept moving. I smelled all 3 before purchasing, smelled like the real thing, even had serial #'s on the bottom of the boxes. None were crossed out surprisingly. This reminds me of an article I read on here that got into how fragrances magically "fall off the back of trucks" or arrive in large shippments to hustlers, flea markets, and other black retailers around the world at prices lower than cost. At that moment, in the back of my head I referenced that article and said "Ahhh, this is what theyre talking about, interesting". Either way, i'd like to say that it is indeed true and know to keep your cool with these guys because if they see you getting all excited like youre about to score a steal on the price, they'll play the high price game with you all day long. Lace up your haggling shoes and put the gloves on because if you want that cheap price, you damn near have to kick and fight for it like I did. In the end so may ask if its worth it and ill say "You bet your ass it was! Worth every second when it comes to not paying retail". Pardon the french but thats how I feel. Sorry for the lengthly post. Be easy!

Default Re: Purchased 3 colonges at a ridiculously cheap price

this surprises me too..for eg. the bonds are available to us in the black market at $30 less than the price, same wiht creed..they are merely available for 100-120 for a 4.0 oz with box. and yes they are original..so is the amouge...which they were sellign for 120.....now..how do these guys manage the profits...does anyone know how this really happens...

This is a good question. Im not sure how they do it. So far, I have good, fresh items as well. Nothing that smells old or out of date. Im not quite sure what that smells like but if I had something that didnt smell quite right, id know.

Smugglaz.. them all

Seriously though, the shop where I buy my stuff gets its wares via connections in the middle east as it was revealed to me by one of the owners of the shop whom i've developed a rapport with.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Yup, thats exactly where I am right now. You hit the nail on the head. I love a good black market hook-up!!

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    this surprises me too..for eg. the bonds are available to us in the black market at $30 less than the price, same wiht creed..they are merely available for 100-120 for a 4.0 oz with box. and yes they are original..so is the amouge...which they were sellign for 120.....now..how do these guys manage the profits...does anyone know how this really happens...
    I'm betting that even if they sold the juice for $1 they'd make a profit, as in all likelihood, it IS literally off the back of a truck i.e. stolen!

Sometimes I wish I were there somewhere. Seems like things are cheaper in Middle East for some reason. Though i can't complain myself since at times I get deals anywhere I travel. Once got Guerlain full bottles for $11 each, new stock.

Thats a real good grab for $11 bucks. If some of you dont know, there is 0 tax out here in the UAE. So basically right off the bat, things are cheaper. Then there is so much going on out here with everyone trying to make a buck some how, some way. There is a lot of hustling going on out here. It reminds me of Canal st. in NYC where people are selling stuff out of their trunk, off the back of trucks, and various other spots as well. CRAZY!