Code of Conduct

Thread: Voltaire #6

Question Voltaire #6

In "The Darjeeling Limited", the latest film by Wes Anderson, one of the characters owns a fragrance called "Voltaire #6". I haven't been able to find that such a fragrance exists, so I'm imagining that it's a ficticious fragrance. Is this fragrance a reference to anything in particular, for example, a work by Voltaire or some sort of nod to another fragrance? In the film, the fragrance is in a clear bottle, translucent pink fragrance, red label and red bulb. The clip where you see it is at 19:44.

Also, can you think of any other "ficticious fragrances" from any other films or novels? Have any of them been produced?
    Then Mary took about a pint of pure nard, an expensive perfume; she poured it on Jesus' feet and wiped his feet with her hair. And the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume.
    John 12:2-4

Default Re: Voltaire #6

haha i was about to add that to the "fragrance in movies and tv" thread.
    i believe its fictional but im probably wrong.

your thought on producing the ficticious fragrance reminded me of how harry potter produces their candies...

perfume; a stroy of a murder(er?) collaborated with Thierry Mugler and made a 50 billion dollar confret analogous to the stories plot.
    wishlist:
    Chanel - Cuire de Ruissie and Eau de Cologne
    Penhaligons - Quercus, Castille, and Raquets
    Dior -Eau Noire, Dior Homme Cologne, Dior Homme Intense, and Dior Sweet Sun
    Frédéric Malle - Angelique sous la pluie and Eau d'Hiver
    L'Artisan - l'eau de l'artisan and bois farine
    Hermès - Elixir des Merveilles, Jardin sur Nil, and Hermessence Confret.