Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default Vetiver by Guerlain Refreshing Body Splash

Has anyone smelled / worn this?

I like the regular Vetiver but sometimes it's just a little too...much. That's why I don't own a bottle. I don't think I'd wear it enough - here in the Miami warm weather.

That's why I like Vetiver Extraordinaire so much, because it's vetiver but it's so easy to wear, whereas Guerlain Vetiver seems to feel too sturdy. Plus VE is really expensive!

Of course I am aware Guerlain also makes Vetiver Extreme (which I haven't tried yet...Sephora in my area stopped stocking it!) and I also had my curiosity piqued in Turin's wonderful comments on Vetiver Pour Elle by Guerlain (marketed to women). But tonight, I stumbled upon Vetiver Refreshing Body Splash online and it seemed like the perfect solution. The bottle is square but larger (6 oz...so you can really splash it on), maybe made out of plastic. It's the same Scope-colored hue of green.

I'm not looking for suggestions on other vetiver scents right now. I just want to hear if any of you out there have any experience with this one?
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 23rd April 2008 at 12:33 AM.

Default Re: Vetiver by Guerlain Refreshing Body Splash

I had a bottle - wow, that bottle is big and heavy!

I'm pretty sure its from the pre-2000 reformulation days. I don't smell the fresh notes in it as I do with all the post-2000 products. And the label looks like the old one.

Even though I like the post-2000 version, I really liked the body splash. Come to think of it, I just may order a bottle now that I think of it!

the body splash is anterior to the 2000 reformulation indeed and corresponds to the 1996 packaging and formulation
    it's rather a perfumed body lotion (or an after sport refreshing and moisturing cologne) than a real eau de toilette
    its perfume is close to the eau de toilette but lighter and without the citrus topnotes, very woody to me

Basenotes Institution

Anyone else had experience with this one?

Basenotes Institution

I just got this in - a late arriving Christmas present. It's wonderful - full review to come soon!

Basenotes Plus

germanomio got this correct - this is a very interesting body splash that is more of a perfumed lotion...more woodsy, just a slight bit of the lemon on top (so it retains its true Guerlain Vetiver notes). The "juice" is actually rather oily - not a pure liquid and not an emulsion or balm at all. It has a thick liquid consistency...very unique and something that I have to say is intriguing in and of itself. Not for after shave purposes. I have put some on my face after I shaved a few hours later. So, on clean skin (even on the back of my hand), it leaves a nice oily essence that moisturizes and has the pre-reformulation Guerlain Vetiver notes - more woodsy and pure vetiver than tobacco though. Very, very nice.

Personally, I like this on my hands/forearms, base and back of the neck and the best place - my chest! It has a vintage vibe about it and it will raise your level of masculinity. This is a man's bottle of fragrant juice that is a throwback to the days of yesteryear. Apply liberally along with some Guerlain Vetiver. This will not hold up by itself - it enhances and has a fantastic scent for a couple of hours. Mixed with the EDT (or Vintage EDC) on, this is awesome.

Something about this bottling...hard to put into simple words. But, only for true Vetiver fans - period. Also, I can see a hipster wearing this on a cool night as much as a gentleman enjoying a summer evening on the patio with his woman over a nice dinner and a sunset.

A bottle of juice like this will probably never be made again...
    Last edited by ericrico; 9th May 2013 at 04:16 PM.

Basenotes Institution

An old thread! Since back then I have already owned a bottle, liked it and then sold it. It just wasn't as satisfying as the vintage EdC and EdT. I now see the vintage After Shave Balm as my "fill in" for the Refreshing Body Splash.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac