Code of Conduct

Default Clive Christian: Worth Buying a Sample?

I remember not liking this brand when I first tried it, and then liking No. 1 and 1872 when I tried the second time at Neimans. The problem is that even just buying samples of these would be expensive, supposing you don't want a minuscule amount. Do you think it's worth it to spend extra to get these samples?

Default Re: Clive Christian: Worth Buying a Sample?

No. Best case scenario: you love it, and want to buy it, and can't afford it. Worst case scenario, you hate it, and you just wasted money on a sample. It's a lose-lose situation.
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

CC is pure crap for what it is and the price it represents.

My suggestion: when you visit a Saks or a NM, try the samples.
    They are only worth buying if you have a large amount of disposable income. They're well made, but who needs to go in debt over fragrance?

I have No. 1 , X and 1872 and i am telling you these are some of the best scents you will smell. Expensive perfumes get 2 different stories from different people: 1) It is expensive so it must smell awesome and 2) It is so expensive that it is ridiculous and a joke and not worth it.

Well, let me tell you, they are amazing. X is spicy, rich and beautiful, 1872 is an amazing citrus scent with Clary sage that lasts well over 12 hours. Amazing for a citrus scent. No. 1 is the most amazing floral mens scent you will ever experience. This is not an exaggeration. It literally last 24 hours on my skin and has this soft woody base dry-down that is remarkable.

I agree with Ruggles and stop by a Neimans or Saks and spray the testers and if you don't have a Saks or Neimans near you, order samples. A little goes a long way and you wont regret it.

Imagine u held the bottle and pressed the spray...then you realise it seems jammed. So you press down a little harder to get the juice out, and it slips out of your hand onto a tiled floor - BAM! The bottle is smashed and the fragrance is all over the floor. What a waste of money that would be. My scenarios are lame, but I felt like I had to say it.

Sur la Plage

I tried some of them at Neiman Marcus. I was not impressed at all. So I would say "No".
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Despite the price tag, it is not a scent worth selling your liver for.

Its crap. Don't waste your $$$.

Would anyone that uses X have an idea of any similar to X. I purchased 1872 and now wish I had sprung for X instead after sampling it at Saks.