Code of Conduct

Default SotD Wednesday 23 April

Another day in CdG WoodCoffee for me.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Wednesday 23 April

Found an almost full bottle of Andron for men by Jovan in the bathroom cabinet - collecting dust. So I tested that in the morning... talk about animalic! Base notes of musk, civet, ambergris AND castoreum! I'm claiming it as mine... I don't think anyone will notice Top notes somewhat remind me of Bandit.

SotA is Moschino Couture.

Hugs to Quarry (and everyone else who needs them!)

How exciting that everyone is returning!
    Last edited by jillsy; 23rd April 2008 at 06:42 AM.

Another lazy day at home, trying to keep cosy and warm. I'm still chasing a sweet, comfort scent so it's L de Lolita Lempicka for the second day in a row.

Chanel Cristalle EDT - wore this a lot when I was in college
    Will be putting on the Ava Luxe Tuberose Diabolique afterwork to attend my friend's wedding party.

An extra hug for Quarry. How are you feeling today?

For my Mom's 66th birthday, I'm wearing Bois des Iles. Have a good Wednesday!
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Acqua di Parma Colonia

Enjoy your Wednesday!
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Ava Luxe Madeline on this lovely rainy April day.

Sotd for this rather busy day is Egoiste edt.Have a great day all.

Good morning!

A scent I missed during March diversity challenge and forgot about as soon as March was over...I really have to weed out my wardrobe

Fiori d'Ambra

by Profumum.

Quarry, feeling better today? Belated ((((Q))))
    Indiscreet, yum!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Working today.....Prada Infusion d'Iris.

Feel better soon Quarry!

Prada.
    Come play with us (click on the Basenotes link) http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=195893

Fracas.
    It is not behaving today, it smells too green and metallic. I'll change into something more 'friendly' later.

Covet, a scent I nearly didn't buy because the advert annoyed me so much. Glad I did though.

Yet another wonderful sunny day here!

I am wearing Iris Poudre, but it feels a bit too *formal* today, will change to something fruity, sweet and summery later...

Have a nice day, everyone!

Quarry - I hope your teeth are not hurting you today. Also that the fat bill won´t cause you headache...
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Poor Joy...
    Hope you're better !

I Think I'm going to break out my Eau de Reglisse-
    It's going to be 80 in Boston today.

Another day in Angel. We'll see how long this infatuation lasts.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Bel Ami - Hermès

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone. Scent twins with Chaya - Caron Eau de Reglisse for me as well today.

Quarry, hope you're feeling better today.

Take care, all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Thanks to SakeCat - - am luxuriating in one of my favoritest Neil Morris'....
    Aegean
    Herbs and lavender over delicate sandalwood. Just the uplift wanted for a cool morning!!

Joy, dearest....healing energy streaming streaming North for your poor mouths. (But thank the gods for modern dentistry!) The money will take care of itself.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Many many healing thoughts and a bunch of very gentle hugs to the Quarrys and their mouths.

Today it's supposed to get HOT (what the heck happened to that nice easing into Spring?!?), and I smell lovely and green in Annick Goutal Eau de Camille, thanks to the SUPERBLY generous Twolf!
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

L'Uomo Trussardi as SotD
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

I smell yummy today in Le Baiser du Dragon.

Miss Q., many hugs to you!

Speaking of hot: now it is 7 am and already 73 degrees F. Will give a full wear to Mona di Orio Lux, so generously shared by Sestra.

Make the most of your humpday!

(Also it is Roy H. Frowick's birthday today (1932 -- 1990), known to the world by his middle name Halston, so Halston by Halston will be my SotE).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Healing vibes to Quarry ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Testing out Dolce & Gabbana THE ONE today

Lutens A La Nuit
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

I am testing L'Ombre Fauve today. Oooh, there is definitely a full bottle in my future.

Another day in Bandit! Perfect to keep me awake during morning meetings...

Diorissimo edt today

Ambre Fettiche (Annick Goutal)

Cologne à l'Italienne(Institut Très Bien)

by Pierre Bourdon (Kouros, Green Irish Tweed, Feminite du Bois, Bois d'Orage, etc)

orange bigarade, bergamot, petitgrain, orange blossom, rosemary, maté, amber

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

You kids send E♥X♥C♥E♥L♥L♥E♥N♥T healing vibes and comforting hugs. Thank you! Mouth is feeling pretty good, all things considered. And the money? Well, it's a tax-deductible expenditure. But am still suffering a case of righteous indignation over the expired-license citation.

Anyhoo ... feeling my ol' friend Nanadebary Green.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Finally it quit snowing and the sun is shining. Yay!

It's 24 FAUBOURG for me this morning.

Hope the Quarry's are feeling much better today!
    Last edited by spicegirl; 23rd April 2008 at 02:31 PM.
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    You kids send E♥X♥C♥E♥L♥L♥E♥N♥T healing vibes and comforting hugs. Thank you! Mouth is feeling pretty good, all things considered. And the money? Well, it's a tax-deductible expenditure. But am still suffering a case of righteous indignation over the expired-license citation.

Anyhoo ... feeling my ol' friend Nanadebary Green.
    So glad the mouth is feeling better! Just the thought brings back sympathetic twinges.

Am looking out the window at my crab apple trees in full bloom and noticing that the lilacs are on the verge and that the roses are leafing up. A lovely time of year, full of anticipation.

Wearing Violette Precieuse today.

I'm wearing DSH Something Blue and anticipating something new. I don't like this scent, anymore, I'm going to wash it off. Have a good one!

This server is driving me nuts... last post for a while, if I can get it in.
    Last edited by beachroses; 23rd April 2008 at 03:13 PM.

day off from the shop, but still going to be there none the less, got to get some tanks, and hitting up a dive boat for a two tanker.

so, for a little while, at least, i'll have on Demter's Gingerale (man, how do they get it to smell bubbly? i wonder if their champange one does the same thing...)

see ya all on the bottom!
    ~*~*~*~*~
    One by one the lava lamps are stealing my sanity...

xdattax - diving is the one water activity I admire so much, but just don't feel comfortable with (mild case of claustrophobia).

CC X for women today. Got the travel set years ago and gave the No. 1 and 1872 away, thankfully kept the X.

Turin is absolutely correct in that X has similarities to Gucci Rush. Rush is a scent I totally enjoy right out of the bottle, but not once it has been on my skin for more than 10 minutes. X is an excellent alternative.

Basenotes Institution

The last few drops of my Iris Silver Mist by Serge Lutens sample.

Today was a laundry day, and a day for homework. Therefore I am wearing "No 5" Chanel to make everything feel wonderful.

I am so glad you are well Quarry, keep having soup though; soup makes all things better, and some wine also
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Un Jardin en Mediterranee for me on a sunny gorgeous day... the last day of work for me this week before I take off for NOLA.

Un Jardin sur le Nil for me! I usually don't go for fruity fragrances, but that incense undertone makes this scent divine.

Also in Eau de Camille today. I love the scent but staying power is disappointing. Perhaps I just need to apply more.
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

Coco-Coriandre roll on perfume from our local fabulous bath products shop, The Soap Opera.
    This almost reminds me of various fig-type frags! (green coconut underlaid with cedar and coriander)

SJP - Covet

Patchouli Antique for me a.m but then Beautyhabit samples were waiting fo rme when I got home from work and I have been enjoying them for most of the day. So far I have given brief testings to:
    IPDF Fiori Del Cielo - a delicate, watery floral which reminds me of Issey Miyake.
    IPDF Dolce Amaro - with its passionflower and vetiver this is a ringer for Lancome's Hypnose. More natural smelling than Hypnose I'd say.
    Carthusia Ligea La Sirena - really like this one but it is early days. It goes through several changes on my skin, starting off quite sharp and citrussy, but ends up being a soft, nuzzly, pillowy cloud of gentle mandarin tinged oppoponax. I have high hopes for me and Ligea.
    I have nine others to test so I'm set for a week of indulgence at least. Great service from Beautyhabit.

Sisley
    eau de
    campagne

Miel de Bois by Serge Lutens

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Narciso Rodriguez For Her (EDP)
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Chanel 5

Quote Originally Posted by seattlelight View Post
    xdattax - diving is the one water activity I admire so much, but just don't feel comfortable with (mild case of claustrophobia).
    That's unfortunate, as it is an amazing feeling. We were on a 30 foot reef today with a light current, and i've just gotten my bouancy perfect (sans wetsuit) so i was able to hover in midwater. catching the current back to the boat felt like flying. ask me tomorrow what the 70 foot wreck was like (yay for diving two days in a row!)

Is it the thought that you're surrounded by water that causes the claustrophobia to kick in, or the mask itself? because if its the idea of a tiny mask on just your eyes there is a mask that might be of interest to you, a full face mask. it covers almost all of your face, so you're not just stuck with something on your eyes. also, a big, clear mask might help to let light in (i know a black mask can make some people feel like a horse with blinders on)

if you ever get a chance to do a discover scuba diving class (dsd) they're cheaper than full on lessons and much more relaxed, Resort Course is another name for them. i mean, that's if you've never tired it before, and would like to give it a shot.
    ~*~*~*~*~
    One by one the lava lamps are stealing my sanity...

Crazy busy day today so running late.

Rochas Femme (Modern)

A drier Mitsouko with cumin

Quarry - healing vibes from here too!!!!
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

SOTE: West Side by Bond No. 9

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Ending the night in vintage L'Origan edt

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

SotE is Givenchy Xeryus
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Aveda Patchouli
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

SOTE:
    L'Artisan Parfumeur
    Fou d'Absinthe

Endymion by Penhaligon.
    Gary