Code of Conduct

Thread: Candy

Default Candy

today, I ve read that a scientific research (another one ;-)) has learnt that woman get excited by the smell of candy...

Now, fellows, wich frags have the smell of candy ?

Have a nice day everybody !

Renzo

Default Re: Candy

Oyedo by Diptique is a fruity candy one for sure, and I've seen reviews of M7 Fresh that describe it as candy-sweet. No first hand experience with that, though.

Also, Anice by Etro reminds me of the little wrapped anis hard candies that my grandmother used to send from Cuba, it's one of my personal favorites.

Tabac EDT smells like a roll of fruit flavored Lifesavers. It's candy to the extreme!

(Not to be confused with the Tabac EDC or Aftershave which are both a completely different animal from the EDT).

Etro's lemon Sorbet smells like lemon candies, Diesel ++ smells like a deep boiled sugar candy too.. but it's smell makes me sick.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Xeryus Rouge smells like red cream fruit lifesavers......

My first reaction is to be very sceptical about "scientific research" especially when it emanates from anyone associated with the aromatherapy crowd.
    Check "Aromatherapy" at the Skeptics Dictionary at
    http://www.skepdic.com/aroma.html
    to get a good idea of the usual "scientific" culprits.

But who knows - maybe the research is legitimate.
    Black XS reminds me of numerous strawberry candies.

Or try the numerous aniseed scents that remind me of aniseed balls (the candy I detest most) like Etro Anice, Armani Remix, Mat Very Male, Lempicka - which doubles your chances via the aromatherapy crowd, since they often have aniseed as one of the turns-on-women smells.
    Renato

I've found that Byblos for Men by Byblos smells very much like candy.
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation." HERBERT SPENCER

Sur la Plage

Aquolina Blue Sugar is as sweet as they come......
    Last edited by petruccijc; 23rd April 2008 at 01:43 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Institution

More importantly, do you want to go around smelling like candy?

My experience is that people generally like the smell of candy when they're eating it, but not on their significant others.
    Currently digging: Le Labo Rose 31 and Oud oils.

Blog Entries

Kenneth Cole Reaction smells like watermelon & apple Jolly Ranchers .
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post

haha !
    Well Mikeperez23, if that means that girls are going to stick on me, certainly......YES !!! :-)))

Great reactions guys !!
    Last edited by renzo; 23rd April 2008 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by renzo View Post
    haha !
    Well Mikeperez23, if that means that girls are going to stick on me, certainly......YES !!! :-)))

Great reactions guys !!
    Right fucking ON, bro!

This thread makes me miss that old girlfriend who liked to sing Bowwowwow's song "I want candy" to me.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    LOL if you do, then Rochas Man...well makes me think...did the shape of the bottle indicate this already?
    Last edited by jenson; 23rd April 2008 at 11:08 PM.

Banned

Tihota by Indult smells like a combo of vanilla, caramel, and cotton candy.
    Last edited by teger; 23rd April 2008 at 11:31 PM.

Demeter have alot of fragrances which smell like Candy. Check out the site to see their full list of fragrances. I know they have one called Cotton Candy.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    This thread makes me miss that old girlfriend who liked to sing Bowwowwow's song "I want candy" to me.
    That is a good thing for a girlfriend to do!

SL Rahät Loukoum does the trick.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

I'm wearing M7 Fresh right now and I get the reference to Lifesavers candy. Ugh, allergies have my nose all clogged up though.

Most of the gourmands smell like candy :S non gourmands that smell like candy, Happy Clinique, Soda Gucci II.

V/Valentino = cotton candy
    Carlos Santana = cinnamon candied apples
    AdP Blu Med Mirto di Panarea = sugared lemons

I get more positive reactions from women in general when wearing a fragrance that is spicey/musky than when wearing a gourmand. My best friend (a woman) is sitting next to me now and says, "for a man to smell like food isn't sexy."

Last edited by Bossa Nova; 24th April 2008 at 04:35 AM.

Next to the bottle of Van Winkle Special Reserve

There was a segment on the wonderful NPR gameshow "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" that featured questions about the book "Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex." One of the questions was on what scent women found most arousing. The scent, according to the book, is a mix of Good n' Plenty and cucumber. I haven't red the book, so I can't attest to it's veracity.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by dpak View Post
    There was a segment on the wonderful NPR gameshow "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" that featured questions about the book "Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex." One of the questions was on what scent women found most arousing. The scent, according to the book, is a mix of Good n' Plenty and cucumber. I haven't red the book, so I can't attest to it's veracity.
    I know this has been discussed before. But here is an article entitled "Sexy scents: The nose knows the best sensory stimuli" that talks about that:

http://www.post-gazette.com/magazine...entoflove2.asp
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Next to the bottle of Van Winkle Special Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I know this has been discussed before. But here is an article entitled "Sexy scents: The nose knows the best sensory stimuli" that talks about that:

http://www.post-gazette.com/magazine...entoflove2.asp

I love the quote in the article that says no odor decreased arousal in men!

I was doing a bit of research on the guy who did the studies - Alan Hirsch. Considering he wrote a book titled "What's Your Food Sign?: How to Use Food Cues to Find True Love" and was hired by KFC to figure out the personality profile of customers based on what flavor they ordered (http://www.kfc.com/about/pressreleases/090905.asp), he may be a bit of a hack. Oh, and he appeared on Oprah, which automatically sets off my BS detector. If nothing else, it's a fun read, though.
    Last edited by dpak; 24th April 2008 at 02:58 PM. Reason: forgot a comma

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    LOL if you do, then Rochas Man...well makes me think...did the shape of the bottle indicate this already?
    Yep ! Forgot about Rochas Man...I wore it only once and got a compliment from my......brother...(without him knowing about the shape ;-)) ....

But, maybe....:

you can get compliments on scents from girls (or boys), saying Ohhh you are smelling very good, and so on and so on...(f.e. acqua di Gio, Le male etc;..)

BUT, you can get also compliments from girls (or boys) saying they wanna eat you..and THAT could be the thing about candy smelling scents..

Now, am I good or am I good ;-)) (but by far not so good as you guys, and girl ;-) )

Keep them going friends !

oh yes, I get the picture cartier declaration cud make one go weak on their knees.......black XS is the only scent other than Rochas man which smelt edible to me...very edible..very very edible...but i have never smelt it on others...so im not sure about its projection...declaration rules in that area of male aura ....
    Last edited by jenson; 24th April 2008 at 07:12 PM.

Royall Lyme has a hard lime candy aspect to it for sure, with a subtle spice underpinning.

Escada PH reminds me of caramels dipped in cognac. It accomplishes what Claiborne Spark tries to do and failed miserably - a heady, boozy, sweet-but-not-too-sweet oriental that works well on nights out when dessert isn't merely *ahem* eaten...;-)

Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin has a boozy sweetness to it too, though it's about pralines and sambuca.
    I'm not big on gourmands (I like frags that "suggest" rather than "declare" an edible quality, if that makes sense). But LL's is quite good - as always with sweet stuff, small doses only.

Mario Justiniani's excellent review says that Lomani Ignition is a very good vanilla. Maybe not candy per se , but it's enough to convince me to try it for my next sweet fix.
    Loves of Late: Agua Lavanda, Eau Sauvage, Gendarme, Guerlain Vetiver, Guerlain EdC Imperiale, Ivoire de Balmain, Kenzo PH, Mitsouko, Royall Lyme, Tabac Original

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by renzo View Post
    haha !

Great reactions guys !!
    I think you're hoping for too much from cologne...
    Looking for:
    Versace Man eau Fraiche - Please PM me if you have it!

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...r8877/haha.jpg

To me, Cristobal smells like candy. And Hanae Mori too.

etro - lemon sorbet...pretty edible...if the girl likes lemon sherbet...she will drink it up...common guys , i meant it with good intentions

My wife "loves" the candy-ish scents on me. She prefers Blue Sugar and Rochas Man. I like Blue Sugar...but once in a great while....it's too sweet. Rochas Man, however, is a little more sexy...