Code of Conduct

Default Summer Fragrances for a Winter Fragrance Lover

Well, I've emerged as a lover of cold weather fragrances. It's already warm / springlike here, but often in the evenings, while working at my computer, I'll hit myself with Gucci PH, M7, etc., just for my own personal enjoyment.

I have some decent warm weather frags (TM Cologne, Issey, Terre, ......) but I don't find myself reaching for them.

What can you suggest as an appropriate warmer season frag for a fan of cold weather choices??

Thanks!

Default Re: Summer Fragrances for a Winter Fragrance Lover

M7 Fresh is awesome for warm weather. I don't know if you've already tried it.

I have not actually worn the original M7 yet. It's on my list of things to try.

That's the only thing I can think of to suggest. My warm weather favorites are pretty straightforward *FRESH!* selections and you'd probably hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by MiloTheTerrier View Post
    Well, I've emerged as a lover of cold weather fragrances. It's already warm / springlike here, but often in the evenings, while working at my computer, I'll hit myself with Gucci PH, M7, etc., just for my own personal enjoyment.

I have some decent warm weather frags (TM Cologne, Issey, Terre, ......) but I don't find myself reaching for them.

What can you suggest as an appropriate warmer season frag for a fan of cold weather choices??

Thanks!
    Im in the same boat. I went around and tried pretty much all the summer scents I could find and all of them kinda just were blah.

I did sort of like YSL L'Homme but i'll probably have to test again to see if it works in the extreme heat.

Incidentally, I recently ordered (blind - could not find a place to sample) YSL Opium Eau D'Orient Summer 07, hoping it might fill this void. Well, sometimes I do take awhile to warm up, but so far this is just OK. A little synthetic, and, dare I say, a little "old man". I'm 41, so maybe that's me........lol

Thought I'd throw that out before someone suggested it.

L'Anarchiste - blooms nicely in the summer. Apply sparingly, though.

Antidote - an oriental light enough to be warn on all but the warmest of days.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Post Re: Summer Fragrances for a Winter Fragrance Lover

I am amazed to be the first one here to suggest L'Air du Desert Marocain ! Other than that, there are huge number great scents, which work year around. From my wardrobe, Divine's L'Homme de Coeur, MPG's Racine, Villoresi's Uomo and Yerbamate are prime examples of such scents.

Sur la Plage

I concur with M7 Fresh and Opium PH Eau d'Orient.

Also a light application of Kouros works great in warmer weather.

I also think Iceberg Twice Homme and Etro Lemon Sorbet are nice summer fragrances with a little something "extra" to them.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 23rd April 2008 at 03:41 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

bulgari aqua
    escada sunset heat

Most Serge Lutens and Montale ouds work very well in the summer too.

Gucci II
    Soleil De Capri

Burberry London would work if you don't use too much.

Basenotes Institution

I agree with the L'Air du Desert Marocain by Tauer recommendation. It is an oriental...that works best in Summer. Weird, but you have to wear it to understand the effect it gives in warm weather. It's quite unique.

Another more expensive option is Hindu Grass by Nasomatto - I think of it as a summer gourmand, if such a thing existed. The patchouli has chocolate-y tones and yet it manages to smell transparent, earthy and floral also.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 24th April 2008 at 03:15 AM.

I'm more of a winter fragrance fan myself, but I am a big fan of Original Vetiver & Colonia Assoluta...
    Last edited by KMF; 24th April 2008 at 03:22 AM.

Off-Scenter

Summer vs. winter is a somewhat artificial divide, but it does sounds like you like deeper, richer fragrances. (So do I. ) Some of that ilk that I enjoy in warm weather are, in no particular order:

Idole de Lubin
    Santal Noble
    Parfum d'Habit
    L'Anarchiste
    Fou d'Absinthe
    Kouros (I kid you not!)
    Insense (Not Ultramarine or any of the other flankers.)
    Tuscany per Uomo
    Yerbamate
    Black Aoud
    Eau d'Hermes
    Dia
    Piper Nigrum
    Reflection Man
    Ungaro II

Hope that's a help!

Kouros, and certainly Kouros Fraicheur
    Versace L'Homme
    Bulgari Soir
    and Heritage/Guerlain would work very well, I think.

I find that during these transitional seasons I tend to reach for my CDG Incense Series and Caron's 3rd Man. Richard James with all its florals can be really amazing on a warm, but dry day, too. Jicky, if it's to your liking, is awesome with a little warmth and humidity activating it's lavender and bergamot.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 24th April 2008 at 05:14 AM.

Geir
    CdG 2
    Equipage
    Ho Hang

I find that any of the orientals work fine with a light application for hot weather too. It's just that I always crave a little more than a light application! Therefore, I do tend to separate my warm and cold wardrobes from each other, while keeping the other half near at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Most Serge Lutens and Montale ouds work very well in the summer too.
    +1
    I think I'm becoming addicted to these two lines.

I think I'm going to just be piling on some 'Me Too', but as the weather's been heating up (It's already 90's and high humidity in San Antone) I've been sticking with Black Aoud and the occasional Kouros more often than my normal 'Summer' scents. Can't stay away from Guerlain Vetiver, though. (Rive Gauche strikes my nose as a 'cool-down' sort of scent, too.)

Diptyque Philosykos
    Lacroix Tumulte PH
    AdP Colonia Assoluta
    Jicky (preferrably the edp)
    Goutal Les Nuits d'Hadrien
    Lutens Fumerie Turque (few drops)
    Valentino Vendetta PH
    Balenciaga Ho Hang

I'm finding some of my darker scents really come alive in heat. I also find it's better to dial down the number of sprays to compensate for the greater intensity.

My fave "warm" summer scents so far:

Azzaro PH
    Jacomo de Jacomo
    Lagerfeld Classic
    Ungaro III
    Kouros
    Halston Z-14 and 1-12
    Paul Sebastian (like Old Spice but better)
    D.R. Harris Sandalwood
    Francesco Smalto PH
    Tabac Original (MUCH better than its low price would suggest)
    Stetson Original (see Tabac Original)
    Santos de Cartier
    Bijan

I plan on trying many more this summer...I need a new frag project besides just buying new ones:-)
    Loves of Late: Agua Lavanda, Eau Sauvage, Gendarme, Guerlain Vetiver, Guerlain EdC Imperiale, Ivoire de Balmain, Kenzo PH, Mitsouko, Royall Lyme, Tabac Original

a REAL summer scent for the winter fragrance lover: GPH II
    Lots of black tea, really smooth, spicy woody, and nothing like GPH I.

... and CDG 2 should work as well