Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: MKK or MR

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Muscs Koublai Khan

26 61.90%
  • Muscs Ravageur

16 38.10%

Default As a guy what would you rather wear? Musc Ravageur or Muscs Koublai Khan?

As a man what would you rather wear. I think both frags are fantastic but I only have money for one. Tell me your experience with them.

Default Re: As a guy what would you rather wear? Musc Ravageur or Muscs Koublai Khan?

i love and wear both, but would pick mkk if i had to choose one. ravageur has a more floral drydown and the pungent musky part doesn't last very long. if it lasted longer i would probably prefer it. mkk stays strong the whole way through.

Default Re: As a guy what would you rather wear? Musc Ravageur or Muscs Koublai Khan?

MKK of course. I always prefer the MORE savage...

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Both are exquisite scents, but MKK is perhaps a little too BO-like for my liking. MR's longevity is fantastic on me as well, easily lasts 10 hours.

Musc Ravageur fo sure. Very sexy skin scent though I don't think of it as a musk.
    MKK has two main notes that don't work well together--one is a sweet musk that would appeal to tween-agers and the other is too much like something my dog rolled in last Sarturday. I actually like skank, but it doesn't work well here.

I love and wear both.

I think MKK is the more admirable and unique of the two. MR reminds me more than a little of Shalimar.

That said, I wear MR more often.

Tough choice. I guess I would go with MR.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

My sister owns a very successful hair salon. Musc Ravageur smells EXACTLY like the hot oil treatment she uses on her clients.
    To me, Musc Ravageur smells of chemically treated hair and heated scalps.
    Not exactly my idea of a good time.

Muscs Koublai Khan...
    I said it before.. and I'll say it again. I don't know how the hell I've managed all those years without it.
    I feel more at one with myself when I'm wearing MKK.

MKK is the more interesting and original one between the two, and is more of a musk scent than MR. Though MR it more versatile and I probably could wear it on more occasions. Both have their positives and negatives, but I'd still go with MKK.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 23rd April 2008 at 08:19 PM.

Mkk! Ftw!

Off-Scenter

I wear 'em both very comfortably, thank you much!

That said, I find Musc Ravageur just a little easier to wear in public. To my nose Muscs Koublai Khan is an extremely animalic floral musk, with obvious castoreum, civet and costus root. I experience Musc Ravageur as a sweet/spicy oriental that's more potent than blatantly animalic. My wife loves both on me.

Banned

I own both, but enjoy wearing Muscs Koublai Khan more than Musc Ravageur.

MKK is pretty much identical too Kieh'ls musk. It's a little smoother, but I've sprayed both on at the same time and the difference isn't worth worrying about. So I'd get that for fifty bucks and then get a nice decant of MR, and now you don't have to choose!

I agree that when first applied, there is a resemblance between MKK and Kiehl's Musk Oil, but on me at least, Kiehl's was very linear, whereas MKK has a development that is nothing less than voluptuous.

While I'm dissenting, I will add that I don't think MKK is all that shockingly dirty smelling.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

Unhappy Re: As a guy what would you rather wear? Musc Ravageur or Muscs Koublai Khan?

Mkk for sure.. I have gone back to my sample of Musc Ravageur everytime i hear all the hype but no.. It just makes me want to puke.. Far too sickly.. Just not my taste

With how much it costs.. im glad i dont like it!! :bounce:
    Last edited by deck89; 23rd April 2008 at 11:11 PM.

.................................................. ...................I'm gonna memorize your name.. and then i'm gonna throw my head away!!........:bounce:.............

MR is exquisite, but MKK is unique. I'd go with MKK.
    Last edited by Snafoo; 24th April 2008 at 03:54 AM.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

I have to go with MKK.

MKK it-s all or nothing

MKK is a total immersion in someone's poetic vision. MR, on the other hand, is so close to Shalimar, that it seems more like a "tribute" fragrance than an artistic statement. But, MKK is not for everyone and is much harder to acquire.