Code of Conduct

Default Dunhill D reminds me of....

I bought Dunhill D blindly and received it this morning. Now it's 1 am on Thursday and I just tried it on my arm. The first blast instantly reminded of another scent that I have, or had! I kept thinking, looking through my collection, and couldn't figure it out. I then had to open the basenotes wardrobe and looked through what I had sold. Bingo! It's Tommy Boy. They are quite similar in the opening and Dunhill D seems to be weaker. Another thing to mention is that when I opened the box, I suddenly got a very nice smell I even thought the juice leaked out of the sprayer. But it was fine.

For those who have tried both scents aforementioned, do you find any similarities like I do?
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Default Re: Dunhill D reminds me of....

Yes, good call!

Ged
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

I can't remember Tommy Boy but I've been guilty of not sticking up for Dunhill D on a few threads. Recent Dunhill creations get trashed here--and rightly so I say, except for Dunhill D, for which I've got secret respect. I never bought it but I always thought it wasn't too bad when I've sniffed it in a store. It's a bit ordinary, sort of a woody fougere with some citrus if I think I remember (a grab bag of a perfume) but that works out pretty well. I've got no idea if those are the right families though.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

The citrus note is quite prominent in the opening, which is invigorating, then it dries down to a woody base, which I find ordinary. However, since it's been discontinued I'd like to have a bottle, and this size--50ml, is good.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto