Code of Conduct

Smile Your recommendations please

I'm testing Blenheim Bouquet and I love it. I haven't been pleased with a scent like this in a long time. The opening is very refreshing and it's different and familiar at once as it quickly moves to the base notes.
    I'm ordering it.
    What other scents would you recommend that are in a similar family--This isn't just any other citrus.
    Thanks
    RM

Default Re: Your recommendations please

Bogart by Jaques Bogart.
    Cheaper. Lasts longer. More satisfying. Doesn't get medicinal in its dry down like BB.
    Initial blast of peppery citrus over spicy woody leather. Like BB, no floral notes.
    Last edited by brooklynlou; 24th April 2008 at 03:39 AM.

Pino Silvetstre is the one that's usually compared to BB - often referred to as "the poor man's Blenheim Bouquet," but don't let that repel you - it's pretty good.

Lightbulb Re: Your recommendations please...clarification

Thank you. I know PS but I don't think the top notes are fresh and clean like BB. It's much more pine in there too. I also think Bogart is much bolder and richer.
    Perhaps I should clarify. I'm not looking for a less expensive alternative. Any price range and house is fine. I'm just really moved by the clean, citric, light, opening and the equally compelling base. It's simple and airy, yet it has presence and it's classy. I'm looking for the same type of citrus that seems to float like that.
    For example, I worship Eau Sauvage but it's different. Boucheron PH is different, Signoricci is different. This one is just lighter (in perceived "weight" not strength) even though it's present. I hope I'm explaining it correctly. : /
    For comparison, it's the same effect No. 88 has on me compared to other "black" and "rose" scents that it's usually grouped with.
    RM

Sur la Plage

I love Blenheim Bouquet and feel it is in a league of it's own. So I really can't compare it to anything else.

Another citrus fragrance that I would classify as "isn't just any other citrus" is Acqua di Parma Colonia. It has a great fresh citrus opening, but the rose and herb notes turn it into something quite special - very classy.

Amazingly both of these scents were created in the early part of the 20th century, and have certainly stood the test of time.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread