Code of Conduct

Default What Niche fragrance house has the most potential to go mainstream?

So what do you think? Which house out now would you like to be more readily available to you when you go to Sephora or a department store? More than anything what house would actually succeed in a mainstream world.

I think that Bond No.9 could easily be just that. The bottles are extremely eye catching and the scents are well executed. Just good quality overall in my opinion.

So what do you think?
    Bois Farine up for Sale! Up for bargaining.

Default Re: What Niche fragrance house has the most potential to go mainstream?

I'd say Creed is probably the most mainstream niche out there, just cause it's already at department stores (albeit top of the line ones). Lots of scents that have been imitated by designer houses (and Bond as well). I'd say that Bond is probably number two on the list.
    ♦Wishlist♦

Nasomatto - Silver Musk
    Prada - Prada Man/Amber Pour Homme
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

A L'Artisan Cap (old or new style)

Clothing + Goodies for sale!

Creed pretty much are mainstream. I've seen them mentioned on MTV.

I'd say probably MPG or Lutens. But I have seen the latter at Neimans and Barneys, so I guess that already counts as a "department store."

If Sephora is your barometer, Serge Lutens Exports and A Different Company are both carried in their stores in France.
    I think it's the price tag that keeps certain brands niche in the US.

Creed and Bond No. 9 IMO.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Creed definately
    A

Newbie discovering the wonderful world of perfume

Looking for; http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=210771
    and
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=214089

Do they even consider Creed niche anymore...I thiink it is already pretty mainstream and Bond is carried in a couple major department stores....so I would say Ineke would have great mainstream success

Definitely Creed!