Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Favorite cheapie & favorite costly...

Cheapie: Jean Nate splash. I love it. It always makes me feel like I got out of a shower.

Does discontinued and practically unobtainable count as costly? If so, then Djedi by Guerlain.
    If not, Rose De Nuit by SL.

Cheapie...um...Cheapo...whatever: Je Reviens
    Expensivito: Plus que Jamais
    Items for Sale

"Fragrance is a silent conversation. Would you keep talking, if no-one replied?''
    -Michael Edwards

Cheapies - Orazuli, Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea

Expensive - Joy, Annick Goutal's, the higher end Guerlains, Bond No. 9's.

I really love Obsession lately, the original one for women. You can buy it in the drugstore now. It has taken Tabu's niche in my wardrobe (though I haven't gotten rid of my gigantic bottle of Tabu yet). There are so many in the expensive category to love that I can't possibly choose.

Bath and Body Works Sprays and lotions are nice, and very cheap on sale. And I love Red Door! It is so cheap now and I have gotton the most complements from this scent. From strangers and my family. I dont know why it gets such bad press. The most expensive would be my jug of Bois des Iles

Cheapies:Cabotine, Yves Rocher Un jour se leve, Shedonism, Chantilly

Costly: En Passant, L'ete en douce, Nani, Aphrodisiac, Sel de Vetiver

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Cheapie-- Pacifica Waikiki Pikake solid perfume-- $8.99 (it also comes in a spray for $18.99)

Expensive-- The most I've spent is on Annick Goutal's La Violette at $80 for 1.7 oz. Well worth it, though.

Favorite Cheapie: Gres CABARET (recently discovered this one)

Favorite Big Bucks Bottle: Frederic Malle UNE ROSE (I just have the travel size so far!)

Such variety in the thread!
    Fav cheapies: Jil Sander Sun, TBS Pink Pepper, YR Voile d'Ambre
    Fav spendies: Jour de Fête, probably. And many more to come, I fear.

Cheapies: Laurence Dumont Vanille Bourbon from Sephora for $5 (no longer sold in the US, as far as I can tell), and Yves Rocher Yria.
    Spendies: So many.....Indult Tihota, Mure et Musc, Carnal Flower.......so many more!

My favorite cheapy would have to be Demeters Patchouli or Sex on the Beach. my favorite pricey would have to be Comme des Garcons Patchoul Luxe...I love the maple and patchouli smell together.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie_j View Post
    Cheapies: Laurence Dumont Vanille Bourbon from Sephora for $5 (no longer sold in the US, as far as I can tell)...
    I forgot about Laurence Dumont - I bought Vanille Violette for $10, and it's lovely,

cheapie: YR Neonatura Cocoon
    pricey: SL Bois Oriental

my favorite cheapy would be benetton hot/cold.. just for $8/100ml :-)..

favorite cheapies: 4711, dana's Tabu and everything B&BW and lots of Laurence Dumont's scents.

my favorite cheapie is the smell of CD deodorant waterlily, an original late 70ies product.
    Axe Alaska, sparingly used.
    Yves Rocher Comme une evidence, Yves Rocher organic vanilla

Cheap - Tabu, Kiehl's Musk, Aramis, Aromatics Elixir, Atlas cedarwood oil and, of course, vintage and thrifted perfume.

Costly - Borneo 1834, Armani Bois d'Encens, Mitsouko, Aqua di Parma Profumo and plenty of others, I'm sure.

I like Emeraude for cheapie, and also Sunflowers

For expensive I like Prada Infusion d'iris

Favourite cheapies are by Cacharel: Anais Anais, Loulou and Noa - can usually pick them up for very modest amounts in UK pharmacies.

Expensive: 31 Rue Cambon - the fact that you can only buy from Chanel boutiques in 200ml bottles doesn't help!

Looking at this year's stats, favorite cheapies...

Yardley's English Lavender Cologne
    Grès Cabaret
    Yves Rocher's Coconut edt
    Gayle Hayman's Delicious Cotton Candy
    Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose

and some body sprays...
    Bath & Body Works Pink Grapefruit
    Prince Matchabelli Wind Song
    Parfums de Coeur Body Fantasies White Musk.

Favorite expensives...

Anything from Chanel lately - especially Beige, No. 22, No. 5 parfum - but anything really. I'm loving the House of Chanel finally.

Cheapies: Tabu; The Body Shop Woody Sandalwood Perfume Oil; B+BW Twilight Woods, Japanese Cherry Blossom, and Water Blossom Ivy; and Liz Claiborne Curve.

Spendies: Tom Ford Amber Absolute; SL Bois de Violette, Sarrasins, and Chergui; and Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur and Carnal Flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpinett View Post
    Cheap - Tabu, Kiehl's Musk, Aramis, Aromatics Elixir, Atlas cedarwood oil and, of course, vintage and thrifted perfume.

Costly - Borneo 1834, Armani Bois d'Encens, Mitsouko, Aqua di Parma Profumo and plenty of others, I'm sure.
    I wish Aromatics Elixir was a cheapie! Where do You get it from cheaply?

My favourite cheap frags are Narcisse Chloe, Replique, Grey flannel and One man show.

Favourite expensives are Escada Collection, Gucci III, A. Goutal Gardenia Passion and Tom Ford Black orchid

cheapies - jovan sex appeal (women vintage), gloria vanderbilt, vtg body shop oils, jovan musk 2, obsession, ...

expensive - guerlains (jicky, MdM, SDV, attrape coeur, apres londee, bois d'Armenie, cuir beluga, shalimar parfum..etc). beverly hills vip, nobile, tuscany forte, tam dao, AOS sandalwood, bois des iles, beige, vtg magie noire... sigh... too many!!!! :P

btw, i still do not understand the fuss abt the amouage/creed range.. seems over-rated to me. just my humble personal opinion.

But it so is conditional and ambiguous...
    From the cheapies I love Anne Pliska , Lostmarch L’eau de l’Hermine.
    And from the most expensive - GUERLAIN Spiritueuse Double Vanille, Le Labo Vanille 44 , Caron Secret Oud.

Basenotes Member

Favorite cheapies: Vanilla Sugar from Bath and Body Works, La Vanilla (the whole line), L'Occitane Lemon Sugar, Molinard Vanilla.
    Favorite costlies: Creed Love in White, Chanel Coco, Chanel No 5, Serge Luteins Vanille

What can I say, I like vanilla.

So far, I have to say that my favorite "cheapie" fragrances are a lot of the EDTs (and lotions) from The Body Shop including Vanilla, White Musk, Satsuma and Japanese Cherry Blossom. Also, some of the fragrances from Bath and Body Works including White Citrus, Moonlight Path and Secret Wonderland. I also really love Cachet by Prince Matchabelli (I think that one doesn't cost very much.)

My favorite expensive fragrances (that I have discovered so far) are probably Coco by Chanel and Allure by Chanel.

Favorite affordables-Tabu,Dreams by Tabu,EA Green Tea, Emeraude,BBW,Avon.
    Priceys-DSH Mata Hari -I won a drawing and have a sample (value is $20 just for that!!) a full half ounce bottle is $225 +tax+shipping(OUCH!! My wallet doesn't like my perfume hobby)This is on my WANT/WILL BUY list.
    Une Rose by FM -I have a travel size.
    Chanel,CdG,Dior,YSL,etc........................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..ad infinitum.
    Fragrance Omnivore

inexpensive -LouLou Cacharel(which by the way its selling price is going up lately)
    Expensive-Les Secrets de Sophie Guerlain which is collectible limited edition
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

I'm a fan of BPAL, especially Snake Oil. Their oils are relatively cheap.

My favorite expensive would probably be Royal Muska by M. Micallef. Yum, but oh my, way too costly!

Favorite cheapies - Ivoire, Cabaret, 360 (Perry Ellis), 5th Avenue (Elizabeth Arden), Bijan [although it used to be quite spendy] ...

jovan sex appeal (women vintage)
    Oh, I so agree! I had it in the 70's and it was positively wonderful, one of the best ever. I have looked all over and never see it.

Favorite costly - Eau de Soir (Sisley), and the tragically discontinued and very hard to find, original Armani for women (Armani)

Fave cheapies: Tabu, Lady Stetson, Ivoire. Fave expensives: Piguet Bandit and Visa, Chanel Coromandel, Tabac Blond

My favorite cheapie is Outremer Vanille (formerly L'Aromarine)

Favorite $$$ scent is Spiriteuese Double Vanille, Habanita, and Eau Duelle

Fav Cheapie: Many of the body sprays at B&BW, most notably Japanese Cherry Blossom/Sensual Amber, also Viva La Juicy

Fav Expensive: Serge Lutens Daim Blond/Feminite du Bois, By Kilian Love & Tears, Guerlain Elixir Charnel Chypre Fatal, CREED Royal Oud and many more.....

An old thread is lifted up again! I see I already have answered...

Todays answer is almost the same:

Fav cheapies: Stella and SJP Lovely (I bougt new bottles of both this year!)
    Fav expensives: My Chanels and Guerlains.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

My favorite cheapies (they may not have been orginally cheap, but are/were widely available from discounters or e bay for under $40) are Barbara Bui, DK Gold, Jolie Madame, Mauboussin de Mauboussin, Fath de Fath, and Vent Vert.

My favorite expensive items are Sabi, Jil Sander III, various Malles, Guerlains, or Chanels, and Patou 1000.
    Last edited by C Rose; 10th September 2011 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Changed "e bay" to as shown with an added letterspace in middle, because it auto-added a link to the site! Odd....

queen of the universe

You cannot get cheaper than Florida Water by Goya, in the Latin food aisle of my grocery store for two and a half bucks. Clove and orange, little else, refreshing after a shower.
    Expensive: which ever Guerlain has my attention (I have Mayotte, Shalimar, LHB, and Champs "Take THAT, Luca Turin!" Elysées in the house plus decant of Mitsouko and VDN).
    Last edited by jujy54; 11th September 2011 at 03:08 AM. Reason: typos, of course!
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Cheapies
    Amarige,Y, Mitsouko, Lolita Lempicka
    Expensive
    Songes, Carnal Flower, Vol de Nuit, No 19

Cheapies, 4711 ,Verte Violette , Je Reviens, White Linen , Carven Vetyver , Evelyn .
    Expensive , Une Rose , Iris poudre, Vol de Nuit , L'Heure Blue , Chanel 22 , Chanel no5 and vintage Lanvin's like Scandal and Arpege . Vintage Coty L'Origin , Emeraude ,Scherrer2 ,Barynia ( only expensive because it is discontinued ),Amouage's Dia, Lyric and Gold .

Favorite expensive- I guess, "sky is the limit"-niche
    Favorite cheapies- regarding female scents, though I never go cheap, female acquaintances, relatives, colleagues have manifested a great joy and interest to be gifted with scents of the likes of Vanderbilt, Authentic Maroussia, Tosca, Elizabeth Arden Green Tea, Cabotine de Gres and a few others along these lines, so I comply and feel happy if a present consisting of these scents can bring joy

My favorite cheapie is JONTUE by Revlon (preferable an older vintage...the stuff on the shelves now isn't worth wearing)

My favorite expensive is the Guerlain extraits of VdN and Chamade, and LB's Venezia

Basenotes Member

cheapie? the perfumes from Avon lol Haiku as mentioned somewhere in the forums is one of my favorite cheapies

expenisive? .__. I have never bought any expensive perfumes yet, I always got samples and smaller bottles

Favourite cheapies: Chantilly and Cabaret.

Favourite costly: Dulcis in Fundo.
    Swimming in scented seas

I have to re-respond now and then. Currently, my favorite cheapie is Gale Hayman Delcious Cotton Candy. My favorite costly is By Kilian Love.

my fav cheapie would be Queen by Queen Latifah (red bottle)
    fav expensive? PG Coze, FM Musc Ravageur, Penhaligon's Lily and Spice...

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Hmm, time has passed and nowadays my answer is:

Favorite cheapie: Demeter Pineapple
    Favorite costly: L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger

At the moment, my favorite inexpensive fragrance is Fancy Nights by Jessica Simpson, and the costliest is By Kilian's Rose Oud. Fwiw, Fancy Nights is by far the greater gatherer of unsolicited compliments.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan