Code of Conduct

Default SotD Friday 25 April

ELdO Charogne

Have a fabulous Friday!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Friday 25 April

About to head home for a couple of days - got a friend's 21st to go to! Wearing Revlon's Fire & Ice, and have brought it with me while I'll be gone. Will be wearing either Pink Sugar or Hugo Boss Deep Red for the party on Saturday night!

Again I grabbed Moschino Couture this morning but it seemed to wear off pretty quickly and so I dabbed on some Chocolat Frais. Still not satisfied in that so now I'm wearing Anglomania

Cuddled up on the sofa with the laptop and a bottle of pain pills. This back is gonna be the end of me, yet! Comfort scent for the day -- Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan.
    Goddess bless the BNer who sold me this almost full bottle for $80!!! You sir are a candidate for sainthood!!!
    Come play with us (click on the Basenotes link) http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=195893

At home with a killer sore throat and wearing MKK. Sloan sent me a generous sample a few weeks back and I've worn it several times now...may end up shelling out for a full bottle.

TGIF!!

Un Jardin sur le Nil on this rather sunny day.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Basenotes Institution

Habit Rouge by Guerlain, the EdC, first time from a sample (thanks zztopp)

You poor things...
    I hope you feel better, and soon !

My robe smells of last night's Folavril/ Quel Amour combo.- very nice.
    I might Quel Amour for walk, yoga-
    Then go to Diorella , for dinner w/ Com Diva and the brood !
    I'm so excited !!!

[And I get to deliver her TF's from Sniffa-time].....

Be well, my dears.

Indiscreet and lannansidhe - can I join you in the pain club today? Having decided that I want, and SHALL, get into my bikini this summer, I hired daughter as a personal coach...step-ups, sit-ups, push-ups (and some other *ups* I can´t remember the name of) has given me pain in muscles I didn´t even know I had.

(I do not really want to complain, though, knowing many of us live with constant illness and pain. Hugs and warm thoughts to you!)

Today I am wearing Calypso St. Barth - Lea Extreme.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Sampling Rousse by Serge Lutens, not my cuppa...

Healing vibes to everyone who needs them, take good care of yourselves ladies!

Chaya and ComDiva, you are going out to sniff around Boston MA? Good! Please report, OK?

SL Chergui today.

I've got birthday cake for everyone! I'm 42 now.

I'm in Paris Jardins Romantiques.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

How could I have missed out on your birthday, lievje! Must be because the forum doesn't show you on the birthday list.

Either way... a very, very Happy Birthday to you!!! Wishing you a pleasant, sunny day with all your loved ones Here's to many returns!
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Birthday cake!!! Thanks lievje!!! Many happy returns to you!!!

Sending healing vibes to basenoters across the oceans!

Today I'm popping popcorn for the third grade classes at my son's school...they won a contest and a popcorn party is their reward...what the heck kind of scent goes with that???

I'll probably wait until I get the job done...I honestly don't know what to choose!

Happy b-day dear Lievje!!!!
    and hope everyone else feels better soon too !

After a fantastic run of sunny days for two weeks,
    we're in for thunder-showers this morning,
    that will just make my walk to work a lot quicker .

Today I think it will be a Daim Blond day for me
    Last edited by Agent Provocateur; 25th April 2008 at 11:34 AM.
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Am trying SO hard not to be envious of Chaya and The Diva - arm in arm, prowling the scented alleys of beautiful Boston. (Went to college in Northampton and miss Bean-town dearly.) My friends' eyes glaze over when I start talking 'fumes.

Will soldier on in a combo of (are you ready for this?) KM Loukhoum and Serendipitous
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

TaoLady - sounds like an AWESOME combo (may need to try this weekend!)

Wearing Chopard Casmir today.

Started wearing this one in 2000. Hitting the end of my bottle. Don't know whether it is age, my new perfume education, a changed diet or what - but I'm loving this stuff more now than I did when I first started wearing it.

May need to start sourcing a replacement......
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

We not PROWLIN'...
    We EATIN ', lol.
    Lovely lady is feeding the Meisters....so generous !
    Too bad.
    We'd turn the town on its ear.

Lievje, gelieverd !!!!
    Happy , happy !
    I wish I were there, to hug you and bake for you...
    Dikke kus , en knuffels !!!!

Basenotes Plus

Happy birthday, Lievje!

Chaya and ComDiva, have a lovely time today!

Sotd is Guerlain Iris Ganache.

Healing vibes to those feeling poorly and a wonderful day to all.
    Last edited by tdem1961; 25th April 2008 at 11:51 AM.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Wow- birthday cake AND pain pills- must be FRIDAY!!!!!

Am sampling Chinatown today. I know a lot of people do not like Bond, but I must say, me likee!

Lally
    The splendor of the rose and the whiteness of the lily do not rob the little violet of it’s scent nor the daisy of its simple charm. If every tiny flower wanted to be a rose, spring would lose its loveliness.”

Happy bday Lievje!

Nothing wrong with Chinatown Lally. You smell good!

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    My friends' eyes glaze over when I start talking 'fumes.

Will soldier on in a combo of (are you ready for this?) KM Loukhoum and Serendipitous
    Hahahaha mine too - they think I'm crazy.

Sounds awesome. Which reminds me of my plan to get a bottle of Serendipitous... never actually tried it but I'm guessing I'll likey. Only complaint I've heard is of the staying power... anyone wanna comment?

Hugs and healing vibes to all in need of them!

Happy Birthday to Lievje and many fragrant and painless returns. How is your arm doing, BTW?

Miss Tao is on a sweet kick, I see. What if someone wants a bite of your delicious sweet you? Please check your pm for lemons and limes, OK?

Happy Birthday Lievje!!

It's MPG's Fleur D'Iris for me today.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Happy 42nd lievje!

Stardust for Men as SotD. Delicious!
    Last edited by kbe; 25th April 2008 at 12:59 PM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

wearing Bandit today! Thanks Taolady!

I am really loving this! used lightly it is just daring enough...

Yatagan (Caron)

Happy, happy birthday, Leivje! According to Douglas Adams, "42" is the answer to life, the universe, and everything... So I predict this will be a FABULOUS year for you!!!

Ubu, I suggest for popcorn popping you maybe try a caramel-based scent? Maybe Yves Rocher's Vanilla Bourbon. Or if you'd rather go to the "bread-y" side of things, perhaps Gres' Grain de Folie? Whatever you choose, have fun!

Dearly looking forward to feeding Ms. Chaya and her clan this evening (Menu: Matzah ball soup, orange/apricot glazed chicken with broccoli, stir fried veggies, sweet potato casserole, rice, salad, baked ginger pears and chocolate macaroons...) But do you seriously think we'd get through an evening without some sniffing? I'm planning on turning Chaya loose on my wardrobe (though I'm sure she's tested, and probably owns, most if not all of it already)

I'm still in leftovers of last night's Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab Mama-Ji. Spices, cardamom and flowers. Yay!
    Last edited by ComDiva; 25th April 2008 at 01:38 PM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Happy Birthday to Lievje!

Sampling the The Different Company Jasmin de Nuit (it is glam, and I like it!)

Happy birthday, lievje! I was just gonna say, 42 is a verrry special number!

Rainy today, so wearing a little sun: Jardin sur le Nil (scent twins with BrothaG!)

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

lievje

A massage for lannansidhe.
    Some soup for Indiscreet.
    Musse, I don't know what to say to you. Traitor! I need my contemporaries to grow old and fat with me.

I smell FANTABULOUS today. Ready for spring in Stephanie gardenia perfume accompanied with a spritz of Wet Garden. I usually apply scent conservatively, but not today.
    Last edited by Quarry; 25th April 2008 at 01:39 PM.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Musse, I don't know what to say to you. Traitor! I need my contemporaries to grow old and fat with me.
    Don´t you worry, Q, willpower is a nice thing that I soo do not have...

Have a marvellous Birthday, Lievje!!
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Happy Birthday Lievje!

Everyone smells amazing today.......Tao's combo is making me crave candy.....chocolate covered marzipan.....get out the insulin and tank me up.

Lally, Chinatown is the very best of Bond ( in my opinion of course).

Happy Birthday Lievje!

Musse - good luck with your workouts; nice that your daughter is there to help you out

Chaya and ComD - Have a great time and report back on the sniffa, please

CC X for women today (minis of X and Tocade in the gym bag - could have gone either way)

Ava Luxe Black Coconut for me.

CDG 3 (sample - thanks, Coconut!)
    Loves of Late: Agua Lavanda, Eau Sauvage, Gendarme, Guerlain Vetiver, Guerlain EdC Imperiale, Ivoire de Balmain, Kenzo PH, Mitsouko, Royall Lyme, Tabac Original

I was so distracted by all the fabulous smells I forgot to post my scent of the day........ Bulgari Black!

A very happy birthday to you, Lievje.
    And to you sick and pained ones: some camomile tea and chocolate truffles.
    And to our Boston revelers: eat, drink, and sniff with joy.

I am wearing Black Orchid. I, like others, and in spite of my best intentions, have come under the spell of florals.

Dior Addict 2 today.
    Sniff and let sniff.

Gio Pour Homme by Armani.
    Gary

Smile Re: SotD Friday 25 April

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIEVJE!

Having a hard time deciding what to wear today. Not sure whether to stick with Kadota which was fabulous yesterday (it seemed to get greener in the warmth which was a lovely surprise) or go with a sunny floral scent.

Still time to consider before I leave for work.

Choosing a fragrance should not be such an ordeal

Healing vibes to those in need and happy birthday to Lievje!!! Been up since 5 o'clock in the morning....need to sleep but decided it's not a good idea since I need to be up almost as early tomorrow as well.Today I feel like spring is about to break through...FINALLY! A gorgeous,sunny day up north.I've worn Narciso Rodriguez edt as my sotd.Perfect for work! Sote is a real Diva scent- Opium Have a great friday all!!!

Happy Birthday Lievje!

Caught once again in the devilish grip of Angel!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

L de Lolita Lempicka today, which seems to have some rather beneficial 'getting served quicker' side effects. I'll remember to wear this one in the sales.

Prada Infusion d'Iris
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Happy birthday, lievje!

Quarry, that combo sounds great. I'll have to get my hands on some Wet Garden. I have a feeling that it just might create the exact Gardenia scent I'm after.

ComDiva, that menu sounds divine. I'm very jealous of Chaya.

Little Miss Variety is wearing SL Fleurs de Citronnier, again!
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

Going sniffin' today so just some Coty Wild Musk down shirt, need arms free for sampling

Comme des Garçons
    Series 1: Leaves

CALAMUS

I was adventurous today and I layered Amazing Grace by Philosophy body lotion first and then Adrienne Vittadini. The overall result was very pleasant in a powdery kind of way.

Happy Birthday Lievje, celebrate and be carefree, you deserve it!

As for scent of the day; it was Bellodgia by Caron, or what I thought would be Bellodgia by Caron. You see it was a 'new' bottle of EDT, which I enjoy in the warmer weather, even though it smelt vaguely like the older version, it was definitely not, and it has no staying power. I was, to say the least, disappointed.
    What has happened to Caron.
    Last edited by Brielle87; 25th April 2008 at 10:02 PM. Reason: typo
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Tested Via Camerelle by Carthusia today. It is lovely and fresh but has a certain softness which I always look for in a keeper fragrance. I would like to own a full bottle of Via Camerelle for summertime. Thank you Lady In Black for recommending this one! Also tried out IPDF Ambra Del Nepal which is a beautiful light amber. It seems almost too quiet and tame at first but after wearing it for a few hours now I'm beginning to fall in love with this slow burner. Off to read some reviews on Ambra Del Nepal to see what others opinions are.

Gucci Rush
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

SotE the amazing Caron The 3rd Man. This one is special.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

SERGE LUTENS
    MUSCS KOUBLAÏ KHÄN