Code of Conduct

Default Royal English Leather or Royal Delight?

I consider both of these to be a leather fragrance. They exhibit that cool, buttery leather that I love. REL is straight up leather and RD has the leather with an extra twist of bergamot in the opening and a slight vanilla musk in the drydown. Which do you prefer and why?

Thumbs up Re: Royal English Leather or Royal Delight?

To me they smell very much alike. I like RD because it's an eau de parfum. RE is not. My pick would be Royal Delight. It's also my sotd.(Scent of the day).

Default Re: Royal English Leather or Royal Delight?

I prefer the straightness of REL. RD has loads of thick florals in the midnotes. Very well done, but I find few occasions to don such opulence.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

ROYAL DELIGHT, my favorite leather after Habit Rouge.

There was a thread a few weeks ago that may also be helpful to you:

http://community.basenotes.net/showt...eather+delight
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Leather.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

I discovered recently that I don't think leather sits very well on my skin. It's a pity too, because I was so looking forward to trying REL, after all the hype. I have a small decant, which I am trying to use up by blending with some other creeds, but it still gets up my nose. I don't know what it is about the leather note, but it just smells wrong on me. In REL, it's thick and creamy and smells kind of feminine, but in a really old (as in Victorian) female way. Kind of weird. I liked RD from a small vial I have, but need to test it more fully.