Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Light Blue Pour Femme - Fess up, dudes.

I know several users on here swear by the women's version of D&G Light Blue, which I always thought was passing strange but having never smelled it I didn't really consider it either way. Dillard's sent me their Mothers Day fragrance circular complete with smelly tear paper things. D&G Light Blue was on there so I decided to give it a sniff.

You guys, obviously secure enough in your masculinity to tell other men this, got it right. This stuff is great, much better than the men's version.

Good call. :P
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Light Blue Pour Femme - Fess up, dudes.

One of my housemates has this. I'm not about to ask to borrow it from her though...
    Looking for:
    Versace Man eau Fraiche - Please PM me if you have it!

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...r8877/haha.jpg

I'd wear it, but I really should smell it first

I complimented a lady last year for whatever it was she was wearing. She told me it was "Light Blue". Since then, I've seen that a men's version has come out - which seemed "earthier" to my nose. I think if I were to invest in the "Light Blue" line, it would have to be the women's version. I haven't had the chance to try the two side by side, though.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoul View Post

You guys, obviously secure enough in your masculinity to tell other men this, got it right. This stuff is great, much better than the men's version.
    This stuff is great, much better than the men's version for women. I agree !.

...top notes are made to last an oddly long time. Trouble is, you want them to go away. [LT]
    Last edited by narcus; 27th April 2008 at 07:49 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

its good, but i'd wear wear that verscae one over this.

Sur la Plage

D&G Light Blue (the women's version) is a fantastic fragrance! It does not even compare to D&G Light Blue pour Homme. IMO, it is infinitely superior to it.

Do not be afraid to try/buy this one. Even though it is marketed as a women's fragrance, it is definitely unisex.

I've had occasion to try the women's version and it is very good. I've only sniffed the Light Blue for Men from a magazine ad and didn't care for it...smelled like just another fresh/clean cookie-cutter men's scent with zero imagination. Sad really.

I may be bored enough one day to try it on skin, but when the women's version works so well on mine I think, "Why bother?"

Nothing particularly feminine or masculine about this either, at least not by the modern definitions...they use floral notes in everything anyway, the big difference is the quality and the balance of them, and this one got it bang-on.

I'll be wearing it with pride soon enough.
    Loves of Late: Agua Lavanda, Eau Sauvage, Gendarme, Guerlain Vetiver, Guerlain EdC Imperiale, Ivoire de Balmain, Kenzo PH, Mitsouko, Royall Lyme, Tabac Original

I love Light Blue Pour Femme. Everything is balanced perfectly. At one point, I even considered purchasing one for my own use. Unfortunately, however, my mom bought it first. So no, I'd prefer not to smell like my mom. When I smell stuff I always quickly associate it with people, places, objects, and such.

As for the men's version -- it's a big let down -- considering how much I like the women's version. :P

I couldn't agree more. LB pour femme knocks the socks of the men's version. Honestly, I bought and wear LB pour femme ALOT. I bought the men's version too (after the fact, Tester for dirt cheap), but it pales in comparison - not even remotely close.

My girl has it. I like it. I wear it, too.

I sampled this some time ago and enjoyed it. I could definitely see myself wearing it.

I like it but know way too many people that wear it to feel unique while wearing it. It would be interesting to see the yearly sales of Light Blue, must be very high.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdurand View Post
    I like it but know way too many people that wear it to feel unique while wearing it. It would be interesting to see the yearly sales of Light Blue, must be very high.
    They are high.
    I always enjoy the raised eyebrow when I ask for or recommend LBpF.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xclusive View Post
    its good, but i'd wear wear that verscae one over this.
    I think you mean Versace Man Eau Fraîche. I agree this is better than the women's D&G Light Blue.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cćlum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Blog Entries

Second time in two days I've seen someone recommend the Versace Man Eau Fraiche. Must break out that sample soon.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Why would you wear Light Blue for Women when you have Versace Man Eau Fraiche. If you want to "upgrade" from that then check out Cereus No 4 as it smells exactly like LB except well a tad more masculine.

If I want to smell like that I would wear "Versace Man Eau Fraiche" OR "Strarwalker by MontBlanc"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheRomantic View Post
    Why would you wear Light Blue for Women when you have Versace Man Eau Fraiche. If you want to "upgrade" from that then check out Cereus No 4 as it smells exactly like LB except well a tad more masculine.
    SWEET! I have a sample of Cereus No. 4! I should wear that next weekend when the weather's hotter.

yeah, Eau Fraîche. i can never spell the f word so w/e
    TheRomantic - i dont think anyone would do that... their like clones. the d&g is only lighter
    bluesoul - dudee... get it now! the dry down is a bit too baby powdery for me but its still great.
    Last edited by xclusive; 28th April 2008 at 06:53 AM.

The men's version is a bit of a dud as far as I'm concerned. But the women's version is plainly and unambiguously a woman's scent. A bottle of it sits on my dressing table - my wife loves it.
    Renato

Actually, after about 1hour, Lb pour femme and Thierry Cologne are really similar :P Do you think so?