Code of Conduct

Default most modern/wearable in spring/summer between

parfum nicolai new york, creed bois du portugal, and guelain heritage?

Default Re: most modern/wearable in spring/summer between

Most is a loose term among these boards. I don't know if you could say that Bois du Portugal is every U20 college kid's dream Spring scent. If you are suggesting that those scents correspond to your thread title then I would have to dissagree. I hear PN New York is wonderful though.

I would say that all three could kick up a ruckus on a warm day, so if by wearable you mean not easily cloying then you ought to try them on a warm day in phone booth in full sun or a small shaky elevator. They all have enough spice and enough amber to be suggestive of the sorts of things that you either really like or really don't, depending on who does them to you.
    Later thought: all are great perfumes, and really I them all in the summer just sprayed very discretely. Heritage in particular can overwhelm. And if I were to pick one that is best balanced with citrus for warm days it would be New York.
    Last edited by Strollyourlobster; 26th April 2008 at 12:05 PM.

Wow,

I wouldnt wear any of them on a warm day! Some have mentioned the "orient" version of Opium as being ok in summer, maybe check it out.
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

How about...

Parfums de Nicolai Cologne Sologne
    Creed Royal Water
    L'Occitane Green Tea & Mint
    Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien

Blog Entries

BDP would get a little stifling on a hot day unless applied very lightly (to the point of "may as well not wear it").

For what it's worth, as we start warming up I'm using these more and more.

Creed Virgin Island Water (can't miss, cools you down)
    Clinique Happy (wonderful images of oranges and nice weather)
    Calvin Klein Euphoria (all-around inoffensive, but go easy on the trigger as it warms up)
    Ralph Lauren Romance Silver (fantastic frag for a hot night in every sense of the word)
    Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts (new one to my collection but I think this'll work as a poor man's VIW)
    Thierry Mugler B*Men (haven't tried this on a hot day yet but I think it'll work)
    Aramis Havana (applied a little lighter than I would in the winter, this stuff works amazingly well on my body when I sweat)
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme would be a great Spring and Summer scent. It's great for casual or dressed-up, and it never gets cloying when the weather starts warming up. In fact, the heat actually brings out the scent nicely. It can definitely be worn in both seasons, and has that classic vibe to it like the ones from your post.

Cologne, by Thierry Mugler. Both your girlfriend/boyfriend and you can share. It has such a great longervity. It's full of fruity. Really relax. Very romantique. Totally easy to wear. With an avergage price for a wonderful perfume.

i think i say spring summer all the time because we never have any fall winter in the tropics. but i will wear them at night.

I wouldn't wear any of those you suggested on a hot day.

I would suggest perhaps:

Acqua di Parma Colonia/Asoluta/Intensa (any of those are great in the summer).
    Grey Flannel by Geoffery Beene (very fresh and clean scent).
    Castile by Penhaligon's (glorious fragrance).
    Un Jardin Sur Le Nil by Hermes (underspray this, it's very bright and fresh)
    Coriolan by Guerlain (light mist of this is lovely)
    Chanel Pour Monsiuer (nice citrussy classy scent)
    Cool Water (I know it's common, but it's been a success for good reason)
    Platinum Egoiste by Chanel

Edit: And how could I forget Vetiver by Guerlain - fresh, bright, distinctive!
    (Bleheim Bouquet by Penhaligon's would also work on a hot day I think)
    Last edited by HDS1963; 28th April 2008 at 08:28 AM.