Code of Conduct

Default nicole miller for men & longevity

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster.

I just bought some Nicole Miller for Men on ebay. Does anyone else get terrible longevity with it? I'm wondering if it's just my skin chemistry or if it was fake or cut with something.

I've never even smelled it before--bought it blind--but I think the opening is more or less what is de3scribed on the fora. But after twenty or thirty minutes, I get absolutely nothing. It's hot here, summer starting, but I hadn't seen anyone else mention this and I don't knjow how to determine if I got ripped off.

Default Re: nicole miller for men & longevity

http://community.basenotes.net/showt...=nicole+miller

check the above thread, others have had similar problems, I myself have never had that problem, though, my bottle is older than the ones being sold now so readily on ebay.
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

Funny! I just applied it 1 min ago (for the 1st time) and saw this thread.

The first blast is so pleasant it seems to be strong too, but just 2 mins afterwards I couldn't detect it much. Must be my nose problem. I'll report later.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

I just got a new bottle. I initially thought the same thing when I first sprayed it on to test.
    I wore it the next day and ended up detecting it for almost the whole day and got a couple of compliments late in the afternoon.
    I used a very healthy dose of 10 sprays but it worked out perfectly.
    Experiment with it and give it a few days of wearings and different doses to ultimately make your decision.
    Last edited by evogel; 26th April 2008 at 03:59 AM.

Yeah, I'm inclined to think that it's real because of the beauty of the opening (or at least part real). I get the orange and fruit, I get the booze, I get some creamy vanilla or something, and it's just wonderful. It might just be that once the top fades off it gets really light on me; I don't know. And yeah, I am going to try spraying more (10 is probably more than I have ever sprayed at one time of anything, to give you some idea of my general approach). I aws just surprised that out of the 12 or whatever reviews on this site, no one mentioned it.

The scent now sticks on skin, no sillage, but must test 2-3 times before confirming. However, just bought a bottle (2.5 oz.) on the internet, along with Red by Giorgio Bevery Hills, Jacomo de Jacomo, and Quasar.

By the way, Nicole's drydown is similar to another scent I have. This will take some time to find it out.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

(x)
    Last edited by qxtc07; 26th April 2008 at 06:12 AM.

i really love this scent..it has to be the most wonderful opening in fragrance history...in the drysown, it becomes a little stale and less pronounced, but its there...try getting the soap and the aftershave and layering them for a richer, fuller experience.
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

I got a good deal on eBay too. Can't imagine that it's fake, because of the bottle, package, top notes, etc. I like Azzaro silver black better (which is similar, in terms of how I structure my rotation), but I'll try NM again at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by jdnba View Post
    i really love this scent..it has to be the most wonderful opening in fragrance history...in the drysown, it becomes a little stale and less pronounced, but its there...try getting the soap and the aftershave and layering them for a richer, fuller experience.
    So I finally put on more of it, like 10 sprays. I don't know that I'd say that the drydown is 'stale' but I do think it's awfully subtle. Using this much of it, it works out a lot better than it had been for me: now I can still smell some vanilla and sweetness much later...but now maybe it's too much juice for the topnote part?

Anyway, thanks for the input from everyone; I'll keep messing around with it.
    Last edited by qxtc07; 27th April 2008 at 07:14 PM.

qxtc07,

i will tell you one good thing about it...it has brought many compliments...just keep trying it, like you said, and you will figure it out....but try to get some of the other products...it helps!
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

Thanks jdnba. I've since tried it some more, and I must say: I finally get it. I do need to spray more of it than I am accustomed to with other fragrances, but now that I've figured that out I do manage to get something a few hours later, and it's wonderful too (of course the opening resonated with me right away quite easily!)

I've had no problems with the longevity of Nicole Miller for Men; neither the vintage formulation nor the newly remanufactured scent now widely available. However, they are subtly different. I recently compared them straight up and have the following observations:

They are initially very similar when first sprayed, with the new scent slightly more metallic/petrol in character (i.e., 'sharper'). However, my wife, who was blinded as to which juice was on which wrist, felt that the vintage juice was 'fresher'. This is because after about 10 minutes the two scents begin to diverge, with the vintage juice featuring a stronger, more harmonius floral component in the mid-notes. It is from about 10-30 minutes after initial application that I found the two scents most different, even if the differences were quite subtle. After an hour they come back together again, and are nearly identical for the remainder of their 6+ hour duration, with an orange blossom and bourbon drydown that is truly intoxicating. In all, I am very happy for the similarities between the vintage and reissued scent. All the same, I'm happy to have about one-half of a 4 oz. vintage bottle and a handful of vintage miniatures.
    Last edited by wicozani; 30th April 2008 at 05:40 PM.

I also find NM to fade too quickly, especially as I love its opening. I also bought the shower soap, and found it had no scent whatsoever to it. Nice soap but no smell.

Perhaps they'll do an EdP of the new version; I reckon it would be astonishing!