Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basenotes Institution

Default Re: SotD Saturday April 26th

Meine liebe L_i_B, it was still your sample I am still trying. It is a gorgeous scent, I like everything about it except its price tag, on me it is a nice combination of dry and powdery with herbal and sweet. It lasts, it vibrates it you would, it comes in waves. It smells of money and adventure. Chergui is a tad too dry and a tad too sweet for me to absolutely adore it, but I certainly can appreciate it and your taste (and your generousity!).I tired it before and dismissed it as "just another vanilla", but it is much much more now that the weather is warm. Thank you!

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Kenzo Jungle pour Homme as SotE
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha
    Currently wearing: Cumming by Alan Cumming

Sote is the glorious SHALIMAR EDP

Eau D'Hermes
    Loves of Late: Agua Lavanda, Eau Sauvage, Gendarme, Guerlain Vetiver, Guerlain EdC Imperiale, Ivoire de Balmain, Kenzo PH, Mitsouko, Royall Lyme, Tabac Original

SOTE: Kylie Showtime. Not very evening-ish, but I have a need for sweet stuff (in my stomach too!)

Barbara Bui Le Parfum - courtesy of the incomparable Ms. Taolady :bounce:

I.....LOVE.....This.....Stuff

Praying that the rumors of re-release are true!
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibeline View Post
    .....I think I might "need" some Always (his Toujours Moi) as well, but alas it is discontinued.
    Have you tried the current Real Thing?? Like the My Sin copy it's not nearly as gutsy but quite close to the original. I was Account Exec for Corday in it's heyday and LIVED in TM (when I wasn't living in Joy and LHB and Je Reviens ...and....and...) Had some but gave it away.

Am in Eau DeCant tonight - and have resolved to spend at least a week with The Girls I Came With...frags that were in my 'drobe when I stumbled in here, and have subsequently been pushed further and further back on the shelf. Like the quirky, undecipherable and utterly Parisian (to me) Diorella!! :bounce:

(Glad you're enjoying Barbara, Wendy - the sample was a pass-along but I saved LOTS for myself!)
    Last edited by TaoLady; 26th April 2008 at 10:59 PM.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

George Sand
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Hello everyone! I wore fierce today and a lovely young female gave me a complement on it!

Wow everyone smells good!

Forgot to post my SotD yesters - wore Zita by Paula Dorf and then Lolita Lempicka in the evening.

Happy birthday to CJ and Vivek!

Blog Entries

Angel
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by jillsy View Post
    Wow everyone smells good!

Forgot to post my SotD yesters - wore Zita by Paula Dorf and then Lolita Lempicka in the evening.

Happy birthday to CJ and Vivek!
    I like that Zita, too, a lovely bright rose.

SotE is PInk Sugar. After a full day of gardening and a movie with DH, I needed some calorie free candy.

SOTD:
    CARON
    L'ANARCHISTE

SOTE:
    L'Artisan Parfumeur
    MÛRE ET MUSC EXTRÊME

Armani Code Pour Homme.
    Gary

Aimez Moi all weekend