Code of Conduct

Default SotD Saturday April 26th

Marc Jacobs Amber Splash - I am taken back to Italy when I last wore this .

Have a good Saturday!
    Last edited by BrothaG; 26th April 2008 at 10:12 AM.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Default Re: SotD Saturday April 26th

Mille de Jean Patou

Charogne
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Today I am wearing Amoreuse by Parfums DelRae. Notes of tangerine, cardamom, French tuberose, French jasmine, Tahitian ginger lily, cedar, moss, sandalwood and honey (acc. to LuckyScent).

A wonderful gift from an even more wonderful lady... :bounce:

Raining here today (means no window cleaning - YAY!)

Tam Dao today. Have a fantastic Saturday everyone.

Dear Folks-

Last evening was so wonderful, I don't know where to begin...
    ComDiva made me feel like I had truly 'come home'; I've never felt so loved and nurtured.
    Her children are amazingly bright and funny, her DH is warm and real, the food was incredible.
    I am stunned.

There is so much love in her home-
    My recalcitrant men felt as if we were her family.

Now, I need to curse her, alas, for putting Profumum's Santalum on my arm...
    It's still there, haunting me.
    Holy jus, my Lord.

SOTD ?
    I'm off to do BAD things-
    That means Diabolo Rose has shown its face at Barney's.
    I'll lightly spritz with SMN Ginstra first....

That girl's got a collection !
    I've gotta share mine, now...!

Happy birthday, CologneJunkie!!!

Well, I'm right behind Chaya in posting today, and must say, the pleasure was MINE and my family's.

We had such a marvelous time!

I knew Chaya was fabulous, and was delighted though not all all surprised to discover that so is/are her DH and sons. Glorious men, all. And fun, smart, funny... and (like my clan) lovingly tolerant of mama's fragrance passion. I am thoroughly delighted with the entire family, and can't wait to get together again.

Also, now, when any other BNers come to Boston, Chaya can speak to the fact that you'll be fed well, with sniffing almost certainly on the menu for dessert. Any takers?

For scent today (community service clean-up in the neighborhood where I work, then to little league opening day for DS#2, and finally off to a folk festival that runs 'til 11 p.m.), I am basking in the perfect spring floral from the divine Twolf, L'Artisan Jacinthe des Bois. I adore this, though fear I should be more delicate and wraithe-like (with long, wood-nymph type hair) to really do this fragrance justice. A light, elegant hyacinth soliflore.
    Last edited by ComDiva; 26th April 2008 at 12:07 PM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Route du Vetiver today.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Happy Birthday CJ!!!!

Bellodgia EDT for me today

Basenotes Plus

Happy birthday, Cologne Junkie!

ComDiva and Chaya, thank you both for the enjoyable recaps, sounds as though you had a lovely time. Chaya, I have been after that Santalum for a while now, it sounds sublime.

Speaking of sublime, sotd is Creed Angelique Encens.

Enjoy your Saturday, all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Sounds like you had one whale of the time, dear Bostonians!

Off from work this whole weekend and do not know what to do with all this spare time! Will shave legs (my toenails need some close attention but I am afraid to even look at them!), go grocery shopping, gardening is about all done (would like to visit a gardening center to check their small fences options), nothing is probably on TV, need to wash the curtains and clean windows. Perhaps organize the closet -- sweaters packed and shorts out. Most definitely will grill outside -- steaks, hamburgers, hot dogs for the whole week -- before the storms move in.

In Chantecaille Le Jasmine, dear BNer re-introduced me to their Tiare and now I am in love with the whole line of 4 (plus Frangipane and Wisteria) I forgot I had small decants of.

Oh Terry-
    It would have been a 'blow-the roof-off' event, had you been present.
    Aren't YOU divine today.

[What say, we do a split, hmmm ?!]

Happy Birthday, CJ !

Wow ~ such good fun happening in the East!!!! Sounds like Boston was the place to be this week!

The happiest of birthdays is wished to Cologne Junkie!!!

SOTD = Badgley Mischka!
    Last edited by ubuandibeme; 26th April 2008 at 02:02 PM.

DIDN'T you Boston ladies luck out~ Many thanks for sharing your happy times with us. I felt totally caught up in your mutual respect and loving! Best of the best! (And you smell good too!)

After yesterday's orgy of confections (Loukhoums and chocolate during the day - dreaming of sweet orientals all night) needed a refresher so am awash in TBS' Zestini - absolutely lives up to it's name. Just like that bitter bright spurt when you've twisted the zest into your espresso after Death by Chocolate!!

And HAPPY HAPPY to Cologne Junkie!! :bounce::bounce::bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Happy Birthday Cologne Junkie!

Today I am wearing Annick Goutal Quel Amour! Its quite lovely.....Now I have to get back to doing my online study/testing for work

Happy belated birthday lievje (I am so sorry to have missed it, girl, didn't log in yesterday)

and

happy birthday cj!
    Chaya and Cath, it warms my heart to see BNers get together for a family feast - hugs to both! You make me want to hop on a plane right now

Twolf, I noticed you've worn my "as-close-to-HG-as-can-be" scent yesterday! Was she nice to you? :brolly:

Me, I'm in Korres

Vanilla Cinnamon Body Water

Nice, verrrry nice, the vanilla is not overpowering. Smells like Un Crime Exotique light....and has real cinnamon eo inside, that's for sure. I got two hot, red spots on my neck that - thank goodness - lasted only half an hour.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Basenotes Institution

Lalique Pour Homme (The Lion) by Lalique - first time from a sample (thanks shadesofbleu)

Happy Birthday Cologne Junkie, Vivek and Neotye26!

In Angel for now, but not for long.
    Last edited by rtamara41; 26th April 2008 at 02:35 PM.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

:bounce:Happy Birthday CologneJunkie! :bounce:

SOTD: Gardenia by Chanel
    SOTE: Sampling Angel Rose by Thierry Mugler (there is so much resemblance to the original and I was hoping the rose would be more prominent and stays a little longer)

Oh Coconut, we are of a like mind today, as I am in AG Gardenia Passion! Needed some flowers in my life today.
    Come play with us (click on the Basenotes link) http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=195893

Miss Dior Cherie. It's really sunny here, and I don't have enough chirpy sunshiney scents. This'll do for now though...

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

How I enjoyed learning of your lovely evening, gals. You warmed the hearts of many in the telling of it.

Happiest of days, clgnejunkie!

Wearing the beautiful Boucheron Femme in edp form.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Tam Dao for me too.

Have a great weekend!

Today it looks like spring is finally here...at least in the nothern norwayish way.It's sunny and the snow has started to melt. Been to work today.I decided on Contradiction as my sotd. For the evening I'm off to my sister's place for pizza in the gorgeous AL Rasa.So glad I bought this blinde!!! Have a great weekened people and a very happy birthday to CJ!!!!
    Last edited by ineespenes; 26th April 2008 at 04:32 PM.

Blog Entries

Hanae Mori Magical Moon. I have a sample while I'm back in Florida visiting with Mom. Sprayed some on her too!
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Happy b-day

Narciso Rodriguez EDT
    for me today
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

ComDiva and Chaya: reading of your wonderful evening, tasting and sniffing, I must admit to a smidgeon of jealousy. What wonderful fun!

I am wearing AG Songes. I do love this fragrance, and wanted it to feel loved after slights on a Songes thread.

Happy Birthday Cologne Junkie! FEED that addiction and celebrate!

Sounds like Chaya and ComDiva had a fabulous time, a great read those recaps.

Today I am experimenting with my LLP parcel which included a free sample package of JD'd Memoire Cherie, My Sin, Crepe de Chine, Oh! de London, Madeline Moro, and Bakir.

So far I have tried Memoire Cherie, which is true to the original, but really never my thing: My Sin, which is absolutely charming, but not quite as animalic as the Lanvin version, needs a muskier base, IMO. The real winner is the one I actually ordered which is Infinite Grace, an amazing copy of the original Heaven Sent. The oakmoss, patchouli, benzoin and sandal and musk in the base are lovely and the floral heart is long lasting. I do not recall wearing this one as a teen, it must have been too much for me way back then when carnation was too spicy for me. But I am liking this version a lot. So my SoTD is Infinite Grace, by LLP.

I think I might "need" some Always (his Toujours Moi) as well, but alas it is discontinued.
    Last edited by Zibeline; 26th April 2008 at 05:25 PM.

1000 EDT (Jean Patou)

dry chypre

Top notes: Chinese osmanthus, rose centifolia, bergamot, tarragon, angelica
    Middle notes: Jasmine de Grasse, geranium, violet, rose damascena, iris
    Base notes: Vetiver, patchouli, oakmoss, Mysore sandalwood, amber, musk, civet

Last edited by pluran; 26th April 2008 at 05:56 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Play by Comme des Garcons - off to a birthday party for a friend

Meine liebe L_i_B, it was still your sample I am still trying. It is a gorgeous scent, I like everything about it except its price tag, on me it is a nice combination of dry and powdery with herbal and sweet. It lasts, it vibrates it you would, it comes in waves. It smells of money and adventure. Chergui is a tad too dry and a tad too sweet for me to absolutely adore it, but I certainly can appreciate it and your taste (and your generousity!).I tired it before and dismissed it as "just another vanilla", but it is much much more now that the weather is warm. Thank you!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Kenzo Jungle pour Homme as SotE
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Sote is the glorious SHALIMAR EDP

Eau D'Hermes
    Loves of Late: Agua Lavanda, Eau Sauvage, Gendarme, Guerlain Vetiver, Guerlain EdC Imperiale, Ivoire de Balmain, Kenzo PH, Mitsouko, Royall Lyme, Tabac Original

SOTE: Kylie Showtime. Not very evening-ish, but I have a need for sweet stuff (in my stomach too!)

Barbara Bui Le Parfum - courtesy of the incomparable Ms. Taolady :bounce:

I.....LOVE.....This.....Stuff

Praying that the rumors of re-release are true!
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibeline View Post
    .....I think I might "need" some Always (his Toujours Moi) as well, but alas it is discontinued.
    Have you tried the current Real Thing?? Like the My Sin copy it's not nearly as gutsy but quite close to the original. I was Account Exec for Corday in it's heyday and LIVED in TM (when I wasn't living in Joy and LHB and Je Reviens ...and....and...) Had some but gave it away.

Am in Eau DeCant tonight - and have resolved to spend at least a week with The Girls I Came With...frags that were in my 'drobe when I stumbled in here, and have subsequently been pushed further and further back on the shelf. Like the quirky, undecipherable and utterly Parisian (to me) Diorella!! :bounce:

(Glad you're enjoying Barbara, Wendy - the sample was a pass-along but I saved LOTS for myself!)
    Last edited by TaoLady; 26th April 2008 at 10:59 PM.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

George Sand
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Hello everyone! I wore fierce today and a lovely young female gave me a complement on it!

Wow everyone smells good!

Forgot to post my SotD yesters - wore Zita by Paula Dorf and then Lolita Lempicka in the evening.

Happy birthday to CJ and Vivek!

Angel
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by jillsy View Post
    Wow everyone smells good!

Forgot to post my SotD yesters - wore Zita by Paula Dorf and then Lolita Lempicka in the evening.

Happy birthday to CJ and Vivek!
    I like that Zita, too, a lovely bright rose.

SotE is PInk Sugar. After a full day of gardening and a movie with DH, I needed some calorie free candy.

SOTD:
    CARON
    L'ANARCHISTE

SOTE:
    L'Artisan Parfumeur
    MÛRE ET MUSC EXTRÊME

Armani Code Pour Homme.
    Gary

Aimez Moi all weekend