Code of Conduct

Default Blind Buys Arrived!!

Hey guys, some of the scents purchsed off late (blind buys) have finally arrived! had a nice time sniffing 8 of them...

CDG 2 - Ink? yes, exotic aldehydes? YES! fruits, berries, flower built around aldehydes all this tempered with some kind of cool liquid, which give it that tranparency and clean feel inspite of the assault of notes. quite potent and would last ages.. is very classy, definitely a club wear. would definitely smell a lot better on ladies...would make me drool for sure....if black xs is cranberry juice...then CDG 2 is some kind of elixir made of exotic fruits and flowers tempered with the coolest aldehydes, incense and ink available....definitely not a office/daily wear for me...i would prefer to wear it to a rave..or whn im at home reading...two extremes.

Costes - what can i say. it smells exactly the way a indian spice chest would smell. every household in india has this small chest filled wiht spices from cumin to anise to cardamon to cinnamon to you name it...it smells exactly like one + incense. just amazing how they captured all this smell, mixed it fine like a dj and let out each note just the way a Dj would song after song. this was my first true introduction to niche, where every note is so clear and defined and most importantly, makes you go wow! one needs to be ina mood for this one..its almost medidative kinds....room lit with scented candles, .lights thru ancient stained glass, heavy carpets from turkey...and freinds performing some kinda.......ritual...wht were u guys thinkin?

Un jardin sur le nil - WOW! wish i could drink this juice...its so juicy and real, a nice summer wear. love it for its uniqueness and its blending, however, i cant picture myself wearing it so, i presented it to my wife and im all gaga droolin like a dog behind her...

Serge Lutens cedre: Blew my mind. so this is how it is ha...this is why you guys spend money like one flushes water down the drain. though cedre is not the most popular one here in BN, i loved it! this juice is for real, i get the tuberose but, its tempered so well with the woods and amber! i think careful application is the key... Sl will have a special place in my heart now, i would like to get introduced to as many as possible from this line. i think they actually understand our "olfactory" needs...

Escada magenetism (swapped it already) - Ink for fountain pens, that how it smells, atleast for me, it smells exactly like Camel ink (a brand in india). its lovely! enjoyed it, the midnotes to was nice and unique. this again is what a teenager should wear to a party or some...not for my age..or atleast i cannot carry it (im 29 btw). what TICKED me off were the basenotes...DIESEL Zero Plus!! Arrghhhh I hate it!!! swapped it just coz of that. i just cannot bear that smell.

Givechy PH (red) : Wow! it smells the exact way a perfume counter smells in a mall. there! thts it! its a beautioful amalgamation of everythign possible! just kidding its beautiful fragrance. what suprised me the most was the use of green notes amongst such exotic spices, woods and cream. it has the same powdery nature of Dior Homme (just the nature, no similarity in smell). very good lasting. a must have for every wardrobe. very much weekend wear to a lounge..makes one feel rich, suave and luxurious. nice one..the only other givenchy tht i have is gentleman...i have tested blue label and very irrestible..both i hate to the core..

H.M : arrghh..i hate gourmands like these and rochas man..cant stand it...probably its not good for our type for whether...its beautifully made and is nice, but just not for me...i wouldnt mind it on others atall.

Jaguar Performance (gave it away): synthetic vetiver blunted by a heavy dose of lemon, green notes and SOAP! yes, lotta soap! bring on the SOAP!! Whoa!! everythin is boring until the basenotes..which is done so beautifully. i think its the musk which did it for me in the end. swapped though...i tend to apply my A Dominiguez's more during summer. a nice inexpensive frag for daily wear...its smells like a deo all the way till mid notes.. buy it just for its dry down...

my reviews are very generic and may not help anyone, coz even i dont understand my reviews... thnx and sorry to everyone who wasted their time reading this post...
    Last edited by jenson; 13th May 2008 at 10:46 AM.

Default Re: Blind Buys Arrived!!

wow, did you go on a shopping spree?

I just bought a sample of Magnetism and was very surprised at how unpleasant I found it. Along those lines, I like Rouge Royale so much better.

Hey Jenson thanks for the post! I loved what you wrote about Costes and 2! You know, sometimes I sniff myself wearing Sur le Nil and I wonder if myself and that scent are a bad match (that I'm 6'5'' guy wearing it) but I just don't care I love it! I bet you're going to wear it sometimes! I bet
    Last edited by nthny; 27th April 2008 at 12:48 AM.

Blog Entries

As much as I thought I would fall instantly in love with Un Jardin Sur Le Nil upon smelling it, that's how much I didn't and instead fell in love with the older brother, Un Jardin En Mediterranee. Nothing against le Nil, it's good, I just think en Mediterranee is better.

Hate to hear Hanae Mori HM didn't work out, I rather like it despite having too many gourmands already.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Quote Originally Posted by baudilus View Post
    wow, did you go on a shopping spree?
    yeh, you could tell that again! wish everyday was such!

thanx!
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by nthny View Post
    Hey Jenson thanks for the post! I loved what you wrote about Costes and 2! You know, sometimes I sniff myself wearing Sur le Nil and I wonder if myself and that scent are a bad match (that I'm 6'5'' guy wearing it) but I just don't care I love it! I bet you're going to wear it sometimes! I bet
    ill take ur word for it! like i said, its great! and i possibly/insanely cant resist it on a HOT summer afernoon....its going to be very hard for me to ignore the fact tht sur le nil is lying in my wifes wardrobe...

Thnx for your time nthny!! and hey! 6 5" !!! wht, were you 3 inches short for being the tallest man on earth?? wow, you must be the tallest on BN for sure.
    Last edited by jenson; 27th April 2008 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    my reviews are very generic and may not help anyone, coz even i dont understand my reviews... thnx and sorry to everyone those who wasted their time reading this post...
    Not at all! That was awesome. Just on your words alone, I want to try Costes and SL Cedre.

You'd prefer to wear CDG 2 to a rave, eh? Interesting. I need to check that out.

We had a houseguest recently who, having discovered my Un Jardin Sur le Nil in the bathroom amongst three other Hermes, came back wafting of UJSLN - admitted that he had to try something from my "Hermes collection". It made an excellent conversation piece as he sat there smelling his wrist every other second the rest of the evening! (Un Jardin en Mediterranee is also in that current small "collection" / "display" in the bathroom".)

Costes and CdG 2 (I'm actually a big CdG fan) have just been added to my sampling pipeline.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoul View Post
    Hate to hear Hanae Mori HM didn't work out, I rather like it despite having too many gourmands already.
    ya..i wanted to like it as well, just didnt work out for me. anything gourmand in lines if rochas and HM doesnt somehow work for me...its too cloying..it probably has a LOT to do with the Humidity and hot wheather during summers...im sure it must be very nice during winters, atleast for ppl like me who stay in bombay.
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by scentsual View Post
    We had a houseguest recently who, having discovered my Un Jardin Sur le Nil in the bathroom amongst three other Hermes, came back wafting of UJSLN - admitted that he had to try something from my "Hermes collection". It made an excellent conversation piece as he sat there smelling his wrist every other second the rest of the evening! (Un Jardin en Mediterranee is also in that current small "collection" / "display" in the bathroom".)

Costes and CdG 2 (I'm actually a big CdG fan) have just been added to my sampling pipeline.

on UJSLN, i know exactly what you mean!! its very different, unlike any other scents out there.

and hey, arent you the guy who has Kilian and stuff? man, cant wait till i get my hands on that one.
    Last edited by jenson; 27th April 2008 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post

and hey, arent you the guy who has Kilian and stuff? man, cant wait till i get my hands on that one.
    You've forced me now to admit I only "own" By Kilian in sample form at this point. Great news that Lucky Scent has them now!!

Sur Le Nil is delicious, I agree, but you can't over apply it, it can be overpowering if you are not careful.

Great post! I'm really interested in the Hermes and the Lutens now that I've read your reviews. I'm planning on getting a second Lutens after Chergui but couldn't decide...with Chene made available here I had a tough time decided which. Does H.M. refer to Hanae Mori? If it does, I wish I could get the gourmand in that - it's too soft and subtle for my taste (maybe because I've got the EdP?)

Quote Originally Posted by jellybean1973 View Post
    Great post! I'm really interested in the Hermes and the Lutens now that I've read your reviews. I'm planning on getting a second Lutens after Chergui but couldn't decide...with Chene made available here I had a tough time decided which. Does H.M. refer to Hanae Mori? If it does, I wish I could get the gourmand in that - it's too soft and subtle for my taste (maybe because I've got the EdP?)
    Thanx for writin by...

the Hanae Mori comes in the EDP form, so i gues we dotn have the choice for EDT....if you like these kind and need more projection/sillage, pls give Rochas man a try...