Code of Conduct

Default Anyone tried Cigar Aficianado ?

Some have said it is a pipe tobacco scent, rather than a cigar one. One person compared it to Michael Kors. Any thoughts on this cheapo? I have Cuba Gold and like it, but don't want something similar
    Thanks.

Default Re: Anyone tried Cigar Aficianado ?

The scent is a very very rich tobacco and patchouli scent very like the note found in Angel for women. I could never get long lasing effect from cologne.

Does anyone else think that it smells similar to Guerlain Heritage???

Quote Originally Posted by kxe003 View Post
    Does anyone else think that it smells similar to Guerlain Heritage???
    I don't see the similarity with Heritage, although this is not the first time I have heard this.

i cant believe what im reading. cigar afficianado is the only cologne that i think doesnt even smell pleasant- it just stinks. no, it doesnt smell like guerlain anything. it smells like yuck. stay away. or spend your money on ebay and get a bottle of something worth having. really man, this stuff is no good. why would i lie, i stand to gain nothing. im just saying c.a. smells awful.

I got a free sample of this and it does indeed suck. If you want something cheap with a pipe tobacco note Mustang for men is the way to go.

iv heard vermeil is a good tobacco scent too

I own this one. It wears well on me and I get pretty good longevity. It does not resemble Heritage, from what I get....more like a halfway point between Michael for Men by Michael Kors and A*Men by Mugler. Definitely patchouli and tobacco heavy. It was launched in the late 90's when scents like Acqua di Gio, Chrome by Azzaro, and Pleasures for Men by Lauder were gaining an audience. Cigar Aficionado is the antithesis of these aforementioned scents.

Heavy and rather overpowering sweet, not much else in terms of notes, development, versatility, sillage etc.