Code of Conduct

Default SotD Tuesday 29 April

ELdO Vierges et Toreros for me today. Have a t'riffic Tuesday, everyone!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Tuesday 29 April

Were IS everyone today...

Grey & chilly here. I am wearing Allure Sensuelle (from a sample).

POUR UN HOMME de CARON for the first anniversary of the Guess the Fragrance by the Picture thread!
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

This morning testing L'inspiratrice. This afternoon don't know yet, something gym appropriate.

Vent Vert - Balmain

Another day of work! Jo Malone Blue Agave and Cacao.

Amour de Cacao. Heart notes turned pretty weird on my skin in the middle of the day but I love the cocoa base.

Givenchy III

Last edited by pluran; 29th April 2008 at 10:07 AM.

AL Johri for work today....

My order from La Creme Beauty came with 9 generous samples (5 of them are Lutens) so I'm trying Un Bois de Vanille.

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone, Annick Goutal Myrrhe Ardente for me today. A wonderful day to all.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by BrothaG View Post
    POUR UN HOMME de CARON for the first anniversary of the Guess the Fragrance by the Picture thread!
    Warm hugs to the proud father of the one year old Guess the Fragrance game thread (((G))))

Another rainy day over here, but I am feeling splendid in Lancôme

Cuir de Lancôme
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Blog Entries

Dithering about what to wear today - pouring rain - guess that gives me my hint -

Après L'ondée

I had hard time getting on this am - kept getting server busy message - Is it just me?
    Last edited by DeeOlive; 29th April 2008 at 10:53 AM. Reason: forgot to add
    The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
    Chanakya

Another day with one of The Girls I came to the Party With ... the ones that accompanied me here through the doors of BaseNotes a year and a half ago!!!

This one knocked me for a loop when I first smelled it on a beloved, now departed lady painter friend. She was a great beauty - loaded with genuine South'ren charm (and an acid wit) - and panache to burn. So - in honor of Mary Catherine - it's the divine Jardins de Bagatelle. Sumptuous flowers in full bloom!

Top notes: Bergamot, Violet, Lemon, Flower Calyx note

Heart notes: Narcissus, Cassie, Iris, Lily of the valley

Base notes: Vetiver, Cedar, Civet
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Hey tinker, I hope you enjoy the Un Bois Vanille ~ I'm going to wear it today as well!

DeeOlive, it's not you...I get the busy signal from the server alot!

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    This one knocked me for a loop when I first smelled it on a beloved, now departed lady painter friend. She was a great beauty - loaded with genuine South'ren charm (and an acid wit) - and panache to burn. So - in honor of Mary Catherine - it's the divine Jardins de Bagatelle.
    Funny how the best southern ladies come with southern charm and acid wit. I think they are two sides of the same coin. I spent 2 of the best years of my life to date at the University of Georgia - GO DAWGS! While there, I admired how some of my female colleagues could insult someone and, because of that beautiful Georgia / Carolina accent, the recipient walks away feeling better about themselves.

Benchmark Amber for this shockingly blustery day today - Anne Plinska
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Today I'm joining Tinker and Ubu
    in Un Bois Vanille .
    With -1°C but sunny it's just perfect for today!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

Everyone's smelling great today, and big hugs to BrothaG on the first birthday of his contest. A deservedly proud papa!!!

Tinker I haven't heard of La Creme Beauty, but they sound great! ::scurries off to open another tab in Internet Explorer::

Tao, Jardins de Bagatelle sounds absolutely beautiful! What a great way to honor your wonderful friend. Maybe on her birthday we could arrange a group JdB wearing? I'll hit you up for a sample later...

I also had trouble picking a fragrance today, but finally settled on J.L. Scherrer. Notes listed are rose, jasmine and iris, and lower notes of vetiver. On me, the green aspects of all -- including the florals -- are taking center stage, making this a very nice accompaniment to this rainy, somewhat chilly day. I also think Quarry would like this one...
    Last edited by ComDiva; 29th April 2008 at 11:36 AM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Agree, Miss Q should give JL Scherrer a try!

Coriandre.

"Server busy" seems a bit better as compared to last night.

Tao - a lovely memorial and a lovely scent.
    I am SO desperate to try Un Bois Vanille it's stupid! I will have to make a short train journey with the Word Chick down to Oswald's in Zurich and have a spritz. (Any excuse to go to Oswald's! It's the most amazing perfume shop.)
    The weather can't make its mind up here today, so I'm going with Jicky edt.

Later: got waylaid on the way to the Jicky and ended up in Blue Grass. Worked out well for me.
    Last edited by Wordbird; 29th April 2008 at 09:04 PM.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Montana Parfum d' Homme today
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Today I wear Liu, because it is beautiful and lies close to the skin. Proud mama, I am going to work with my older daughter to watch her teach, see her office, tour the campus, and dine in the faculty dining room. I hope that she will allow me to take some photos.

L de Lolita Lempicka today. Seems to be lasting REALLY well under all my wintery clothing layers.

Am very excited for tomorrow and next month in the perfume department due to a generous package that arrived today from the wonderful Musse (thanks lovely)! It won't just be the same-old same-old reports from me in future SotD threads!

SOTD: Fragile by JPG (I have oversprayed and feeling nauseated the whole day)
    Have been having trouble in posting too... Server, get well soon.

SOTA-my luckyscent and perfumed court samples arrived at midday (yay!) so for the gym I've been wearing Costume National 21. It has survived the gym test well, and I really like it so far.

Finally!!! Spring is here!!! Had problems making up my mind about which sotd it was gonna be...so ended up with the very neglected TBS Tea rose oil. It was perfect for both work and my mood this morning.Sote is Hypnotic Poison.

Several months ago, on this board, someone suggested I try Tocade, as it was created by the same nose that created 24 Faubourg. I purchased a mini at that time, wore it several times, enjoyed it, and put it away.

I found the mini after reading The Guide and the glowing review, so I'm wearing Tocade today. It reminds me of a scent that I would smell on a woman who lived on the same floor in the same dorm in college. It was soft and lovely and I never did get a chance to ask her what she wore. Tocade reminds me of that scent, but Tocade was created after that time, so I know that's not what she was wearing.

This is so different from what I'm usually drawn to, but I'm enjoying it so far. It doesn't develop much, which is also significantly different from what I usually wear.

eau des merveilles

Thumbs up Re: SotD Tuesday 29 April

Flower by Cynthia Rowley, It's like rolling in a bed of white creamy flowers but getting some dark black dirt stuck on you too. I love it.

Today I have on Intoxication (vintage) by d'Orsay. It is a vintage bottle of edt from the forties, which still had it's seal on the bottle. Very lovely. I have to say though; the re-issued edp which I purchased at Takashimaya in NYC smells very much like the original. How is it that a small house, such as d'Orsay, manages to re-release a gem from back in the forties, and have it smell almost exactly the same, but all of the 'well known' houses cannot even maintain the integrity of their best-selling scents? I will ponder this for a while.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Yummy Amandes Orientales
    for after-work delights

Swami Niranjan-ananda

Dhammapada

'Server is busy' is driving me crazy, its all I seem to get recently. Anyway, today I wore Ligea La Sirena again from my sample and the more I wear it the lovelier it becomes. Just what I was looking for in the soft, slightly powdery Italian frag search so thanks tdem61 for the recommendation. Tonight tested another I Profumo Di Firenze frag again, Aqua Chiara, which this time bears a slight resemblance to Giorgio Armani Elle/She. All of the IPDF scents are quite changeable on my skin from day to day. This makes them very interesting to sample.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Reviews of Rive Gauche pour Homme as SotE
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Well, Prof. Turin dismissed my fave VIW with two stars ("disappointing") suggesting that the parfumeur was perhaps drunk when he chose "to release something this close to Band BW Coconut Lime Verbena at eleven times the price"

So naturally I had to see for myself.

Tonight I am doing an arm by arm comparison and...I gotta say that (in my opinion) ....he's right. The Band BW is both limier and sunnier - there's even an oceanic breeze hovering over the light floral in there somewhere. And boy! is it holding up!! :bounce:

Sheeesh
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Poivre Piquant for the evening

Swami Niranjan-ananda

Dhammapada

My fragrance collection is in such disarray that its impacting my daily fragrance selection. I opened the cabinet door looking for Cuir de Lancôme, and came out with Bvlgari Red Tea. But this was a happy discovery, since I had misplaced Red Tea for the past three months.

Hello everyone! I wore CHERGUI all day today and am now in TABAC BLOND extrait.

I hope the server gets well soon too....
    Last edited by spicegirl; 30th April 2008 at 03:01 AM.
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

C H A N E L
    POUR MONSIEUR
    CONCENTRÉE

Pink Sugar

With my Secret Vanilla Chai deo, it smells yummy mmmmmm.....
    Last edited by Divatologist; 30th April 2008 at 04:47 AM.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

I was off work still but wore some Nuit de Noel, from a sample. Having a heavy cold, my nose has been very off...