Code of Conduct

Default incense/soap/laundry

I'm looking for a signature scent (preferably masculine), but am completely ignorant about basenotes and everything. I know I love the smell of nag champa and sandalwood incense, milk scented soaps, and GAIN island fresh laundry detergent. very random, i know. anyone have any suggestions?

Default Re: incense/soap/laundry

for smoky cedar or sandalwood I suggest you to try Lacroix Tumulte pour Homme or Diptyque Tam Dao. For milk and soap, if you can still find it, I suggest you to try Le Feu d'Issey that has a blast of lactone with a spiced soapiness in it.

Default Re: incense/soap/laundry

I think Antidote by Viktor & Rolf is worth a shot. Many describe it as 'incensey.' It's both spicy and sweet and, while there's not much noticeable Sandalwood or anything close to milk scented soap, I think you might like it. It starts with a citrus and mint opening, into a nutmeg/cinnamon floral heart (I detect the sweetness of jasmine sambac in the heart) that is as sweet as it is spicey, and a vanilla + woods, slightly powdery drydown. The scent is light for an oriental, and can be worn to the office as well as on a night out. Extremely versatile.

Another one to check out is Santana for men. This starts out with apples, cinnamon and lavender, a sort of autumnal incense type accord, and gets cleaner as it dries down into a "maja soap" accord (as per marketing.) A really nice scent that is sweet, sexy, and decidely masculine. Also can be found quite cheap. Definitely worth a sniff.

If you are feeling brave try and get ahold of some Salvador Dali for men - as this is the scent of the incense burned at a human sacrifice to Cthulhu. Dark, evil stuff it is.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 30th April 2008 at 09:42 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more