Code of Conduct

Default Juliette has a Gun

So, I'm wondering -- how many of you have tried it? I live in Italy and, whilst looking for something else, noticed their initial two offerings in a small shop. Typical. Anyway, after all the talk of the scents being hypnotic, daring, sensual, etc., I was expecting something rather deep and powerful. My surprise! Miss Charming came off as a sweeter version of Lady Vengeance. Neither was particularly deep or powerful. In fact, we had to spritz the touche three or so times in order to really feel the top notes -- which struck me as a light floral with a light, light musk undertone.

Nothing spectacular. Elegant and very clean and, I think, mislabeled and wrongly marketing. Very nice scents and I liked it enough to buy Lady Vengeance for my wife. Very, very feminine -- I can wear Jicky and Mitsouko but couldn't pull of these anymore than I could Joy.

Thoughts?

Default Re: Juliette has a Gun

Quote Originally Posted by highdudgeon View Post
    after all the talk of the scents being hypnotic, daring, sensual, etc., I was expecting something rather deep and powerful. My surprise! Miss Charming came off as a sweeter version of Lady Vengeance. Neither was particularly deep or powerful. In fact, we had to spritz the touche three or so times in order to really feel the top notes -- which struck me as a light floral with a light, light musk undertone.

Nothing spectacular. Elegant and very clean and, I think, mislabeled and wrongly marketing.
    ITA. I was disappointed as well. I keep revisiting Lady Vengeance in hopes of something more substantial or exciting, but alas.
    WISHLIST: Tokyo Milk Honey & the Moon, Brooklyn Bunny Lettuce
    "Another way to take up more space is to wear perfume. I really love wearing perfume." ANDY WARHOL
    DETROIT RED WINGS: RULING THE HOCKEY UNIVERSE SINCE 1927

Post Thanks / Like

I love rose fragrances so I was anxious to try Miss Charming and Lady Vengeance. I was surprised also that LV was not a little more dark, gothic kickass but I love it. I bought it! To me it is a tongue in cheek interpretation of what "Lady Vengeance" should smell like.

They both were very disappointing to me, Miss Charming is just a dull plasticky fruity floral and Lady Vengeance doesn 't measure up to its claims, reminded me of Midnight Poison. With such a name I expected a modernized version of Narcisse Noir instead it was just some girly fragrance with no character.

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto Deadly Girl and the Lady in the Black Stockings.

Certainly nicely balanced and - I hate to use the word - charming. But I gotta say my idea of a lethal lady runs more to the heavy breathers like Habanita and (gasp) Tabu.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Haven't had the opportunity to sniff these yet, but I had high hopes for them. Loved their descriptions. Now I feel a little let down. :P

Tried Miss Charming yesterday and found it of little interest for me. For me it was mainly roses, which startet to get on my nerves after a while. (But the only rose note I really adore is Cabaret)

I think I remember spraying Lady V. on a paper strip ... and move on.