Code of Conduct

Default Creed Baie De Genievre's longevity is.......

......... the best!

Well, at least out of all the Creeds I've tried.

I bought some sample vials of BDG for a dollar each several years ago, and decided to finally wear one today. I was amazed. It was strong and powerful for the entire working day. Most of my other Creeds are pretty weak by the end of the working day, and many that I've tested barely lasted three hours on me.

But BDG was great at delivering a consistent strong flow of juniperberry. My other Creeds may last as long, but I really have to stick my nose near where I sprayed to detect them - which I don't consider to be useful longevity.

To those of you with Creed expertise and experience with BDG, could you please advise me which other Creed scents you think are equivalent to BDG in terms of longevity and constant output?
    Regards,
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 30th April 2008 at 11:23 AM.

Default Re: Creed Baie De Genievre's longevity is.......

Acier Aluminium and Bois du Portugal with GIT coming close.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Basenotes Institution

You are correct - Baie de Genievre lasts and lasts. I sprayed some on last night before I went to bed, and I could smell it still on me this morning.

Sometimes the Creed threads that are constant here on BN get on my nerves - but simple and fantastic scents like BdG will always have a place in my wardrobe.

I think Cypress Musc and Feuille Verte both have excellent longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by javagreen View Post
    Acier Aluminium and Bois du Portugal with GIT coming close.
    I agree that BDP and GIT last but they don't have the constant strong output of BDG that I like. Acier is curious, as I barely got two hours out of it before it disappeared from the back of my hand. I often wonder why my skin (or nose) is so different from that of all the people who report it lasting for ages on them.
    Renato
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    You are correct - Baie de Genievre lasts and lasts. I sprayed some on last night before I went to bed, and I could smell it still on me this morning.

Sometimes the Creed threads that are constant here on BN get on my nerves - but simple and fantastic scents like BdG will always have a place in my wardrobe.

I think Cypress Musc and Feuille Verte both have excellent longevity.
    I'm not surprised it lasted overnight. I have tested BDG before by applying tiny little bits on the back of my hand with the applicator in the vial. I was always amazed at how well it projected and how long it lasted. But I didn't want to comment on it till I gave it a proper field test.

I haven't come across your two. I notice the Cypress Musc is in their private collection, but couldn't find the other one on their website.

Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 30th April 2008 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I get great longevity out of BdG, as well as BdP, Cypres-Musc and Original Vetiver.

I am a great fan of BdG, however I would say that there are both old bottles and even old samples on the market that do not smell the best. I am of the opinion that BdG declines sharply when it does and probably because of the simplicity of composition (three key elements, I believe).

I also find that for most Creed's that have ambergris in the base, that element will last long after everything else is gone.
    Last edited by scentsitivity; 30th April 2008 at 05:22 PM.

Ambre Cannelle is a counterpart to BdG that I think you should try!
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Man....I get almost NO longevity from BdG! I agree that this is one of the Creed's that degrades very quickly. Quicker than any other IMO. MI is close though.
    Anyway, I can't explain why BdG fades so fast on me. Most Creed's do with the exception of Cypres Musc, Acier Aluminum and BdP.

I'm glad for you Renato. I know you've have issues with Creed over the years. The only thing I can say is that if you purchase a bottle, try to sample from the bottle you purchase if possible. I think that aside from freshness, there may be lot issues with BdG, some being better than others for both smell and longevity.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    I agree with this. In fact, one could almost think of Ambre Cannelle as a prototype of BdG and that BdG migrates to a vetiver base from Amber Cannelle's ambergris. Okay, it isn't quite that simple, but it isn't that far from the truth.

Of the two, I prefer BdG.

Thumbs up Re: Creed Baie De Genievre's longevity is.......

We all forget about Creed Royal Delight. It lasted on me for a day & half. The longevity level was at "Oh My God!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    I get great longevity out of BdG, as well as BdP, Cypres-Musc and Original Vetiver.

I am a great fan of BdG, however I would say that there are both old bottles and even old samples on the market that do not smell the best. I am of the opinion that BdG declines sharply when it does and probably because of the simplicity of composition (three key elements, I believe).

I also find that for most Creed's that have ambergris in the base, that element will last long after everything else is gone.
    Scentsitivity--

You make a good point--Creeds in general (a house I love, particularly BdG) are not keepers. You need to wear them and not hang on to them forever as they do seem to be a bit more volatile than other scents. Because they are hard to find and expensive, I think that people save them for special occasions or carefully stretch out a bottle to make it last as long as possible. Use them with wild abandon while they are fresh, then suck it up and buy more....that's what I say anyway. BdG does have good longevity, I agree. I put some on at 5:30 this morning and can smell it still at 1:30 in the afternoon.

I get about 1-2 hours of juniperberry... After that, it's pretty much all vetiver. I'm not a fan of vetiver as a stand alone note. I much prefer it with a supporting cast...

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post

That's an interesting perception about old bottles. That means that any bottle I buy could be better or worse than my samples.
    Renato
    Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    Unfortunately, there are only two shops in Melbourne that I know carry Creed, and Ambre Cannelle isn't among them. Maybe on my next overseas trip?
    Renato
    Quote Originally Posted by evogel View Post
    Man....I get almost NO longevity from BdG! I agree that this is one of the Creed's that degrades very quickly. Quicker than any other IMO. MI is close though.
    Anyway, I can't explain why BdG fades so fast on me. Most Creed's do with the exception of Cypres Musc, Acier Aluminum and BdP.

I'm glad for you Renato. I know you've have issues with Creed over the years. The only thing I can say is that if you purchase a bottle, try to sample from the bottle you purchase if possible. I think that aside from freshness, there may be lot issues with BdG, some being better than others for both smell and longevity.

Eric
    Thanks Eric. This is most curious - BDG disappears on you while Acier disappears on me, yet we both are okay with BDP!
    Renato
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerby View Post
    We all forget about Creed Royal Delight. It lasted on me for a day & half. The longevity level was at "Oh My God!!!"
    Yet another one I haven't tested!
    Renato
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviatt View Post
    Scentsitivity--

You make a good point--Creeds in general (a house I love, particularly BdG) are not keepers. You need to wear them and not hang on to them forever as they do seem to be a bit more volatile than other scents. Because they are hard to find and expensive, I think that people save them for special occasions or carefully stretch out a bottle to make it last as long as possible. Use them with wild abandon while they are fresh, then suck it up and buy more....that's what I say anyway. BdG does have good longevity, I agree. I put some on at 5:30 this morning and can smell it still at 1:30 in the afternoon.
    After reading your post this morning, I was inspired and gave myself a good shower of Tabarome Millesime before heading off to work.
    Renato
    Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    I get about 1-2 hours of juniperberry... After that, it's pretty much all vetiver. I'm not a fan of vetiver as a stand alone note. I much prefer it with a supporting cast...
    I wonder if your experience has something to do with the new vs old bottle issue that has arisen in this thread. I'm pretty sure it was juniperberry I was smellng all day long from my sample.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 1st May 2008 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost