Code of Conduct

Default Creed Orange Spice - similar to N. Ricci's Bigarade?

Several years ago, a librarian friend mentioned that when she was in Italy in the early 70's, she smelled a perfume "everywhere" (apparently popular) and the only way she could describe it was that it "smelled like oranges". At the time, we couldn't figure out what it was. Doing a bit more reading on the perfume sites and blogs, I wonder if it wasn't Nina Ricci's Bigarade, now discontinued, but released in the early 70's.

For those of you familiar with Bigarade (I'm not), would Creed's Orange Spice be a smell-alike? Anything else currently available that could be?

TIA.

Default Re: Creed Orange Spice - similar to N. Ricci's Bigarade?

I am not familiar with Bigarade either. Orange Spice, however, was the inspiration for Kouros. If you are familiar with Kouros, they smell very much alike. I don't get an 'orangey' smell from either one.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Oh, my gosh, Kouros, that's not what I expected it to smell like - thanks so much for the information. I will continue the search!

Bigarrade is nothing like Orange Spice. If anything, it's closer to Zeste Mandarine Pamplemousse or Neroli sauvage. My bottle is vintage, mind you, and probably not in perfect shape anymore, but this is a EdC-style, light fragrance with a bright-sharp citrus top and a those typical "branchy-leafy" bigarade notes, some floral and woody-spicy notes, and orange, of course, but not sweet or excessively fruity as in contemporary fragrances. Very unisex.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.