Code of Conduct

Default Ladies! I need help choosing a scent for Mothers Day!

Im trying to find a gift for my Mom for Mothers Day. What is a really great scent for a 55 yr. old woman? She works in corporate america and usually wears a suit to work everyday. Id like to get a Creed scent but havent tested any yet. What do you ladies recommend as a scent that could be used anytime of the day or year. 2 or 3 to choose from would be great!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Ladies! I need help choosing a scent for Mothers Day!

Oh, ngtmare, you haven't heard our patent advice?

Give Mom a huge display of samples, presented in a beautiful bowl, basket, etc. You know how much fun sampling is and how hard it is to find a fragrance to love, so do the lady a favor and get her two dozen samples. She'll be the talk of the office, cuz nobody has ever gotten a gift like that before.

Now, we need recommendations for this mini wardrobe. If you're ordering in the U.S., you know that between theperfumedcourt, luckyscent and the scentmonkey, you can get almost anything in sample form.

My recommendations:
    • If she likes the scent of coffee even just a little, Jo Malone Black Vetyver Cafe is a discreet and gentle rendering that includes that note.
    • Chanel No. 19 is an elegant office scent with a green tint.
    • Guerlain's Terracotta Voile d'Ete opens with carnations and just grows mellower and mellower.
    • L'Occitane, Bulgari and Elizabeth Arden offer popular Green Tea fragrances
    • Stella McCartney's Stella, Stella Sheer and Stella Rose Absolute work for a lot people, and you've got to offer her at least one rose scent
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I don't even attempt to get something my mother would wear daily...I make it a "special occasion" bottle and go for a cute, tiny bottle of parfum/extrait. Three words - Chanel, Guerlain, Caron.

Best. Son. Ever.

Such nice ladies!! Do you know how much help you are?? I dont think you do! It is so much to choose from. I think the a mass of samples would be perfect!

If you must get a Creed, then try Silver Mountain Water, Spring Flower, and Rose B...I can't remember the name, but it's a very beautiful rose perfume. It's Rose Bulgerai or something like that. I'll look it up later.

Chole hasn't gotten great reviews, but I think it's pretty. I really like the John Varvatos for her. That's my next buy along with Silver Mountain Water.

Like the others suggested Chanel, Caron, and Guerlain. You can't go wrong there. I introduced my Moms to her now signature frag Coco Mademoiselle. I'm getting her a big bottle for Mother's Day. Oh it smells so good on her. She's a very beautiful 69 yrs young. She also loves Badgley Mischka, which smells wonderful on her. Well, she is my Moms and what smells good on me usually smells good on her. She's real picky about her perfume though. Good luck. Having your Moms around is the best thing in the world, even when she keeps asking if you've found a husband yet ROFL!!!!
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Divatologist View Post
    If you must get a Creed, then try Silver Mountain Water, Spring Flower, and Rose B...I can't remember the name, but it's a very beautiful rose perfume. It's Rose Bulgerai or something like that. I'll look it up later.
    Fleurs de Rose Bulgare? I haven't smelled that one but I have a bottle of Fleurs de Bulgarie... it's a verrry nice rose. Should get her a sample of that too!

Nice suggestions from everyone

Good luck!
    Last edited by jillsy; 1st May 2008 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Prada Infusion d'Iris has turned out to be a great work scent for me.

I've just recently started appreciating the Hermes fragrances - my personal favourite is Un Jardin en Mediterranee, which is very work-appropriate and great in summer. I have a crush developing on Kelly Caleche too - soft, sheer, effervescent leather - again perfect for the office. I'd suggest having a look at the recent Hermes frags on the database (the vintage stuff is more powerful than Ellena's creations).

So I vote for 'something by JC Ellena' to go into your Mom's basket of samples. (Oooh - what about L'Eau d'Hiver that he did for Malle? OK that and Kelly Caleche are my suggestions.)
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Iris Poudre (Frederic Malle) rather expensive, but g o r g e o u s
    Paco Rabanne pour elle
    Paco Rabanne Calandre
    Chanel Allure
    Very Valentino
    Aimez-Moi (Caron)
    Bulgari Pour Femme
    Noa (Cacharel)
    White Linen (but if she΄s just the tiniest bit into perfumes, she has probably had that one before...)

Matching body products is always very nice to include! :bounce:

Quote Originally Posted by jillsy View Post
    Fleurs de Rose Bulgare? I haven't smelled that one but I have a bottle of Fleurs de Bulgarie...
    It's ackshully Fleur de The Rose Bulgare...the "The" being "Tea"....and both Creeds are very rosy. (Personally I prefer the Bulgarie)

And I'm hoping MY son will gift me with the incomparable, mysterious, mother of them all - Mitsouko - for Mother's Day.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Vera Wang for Women