Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Kouros vs Santos vs Antaeus.......Which one for a lifetime partner?

Out of these three old timers....If you had to choose only one and never spray the other two the rest of your life....Which would it be?
    Last edited by Pugsley_f5; 30th April 2008 at 08:30 PM.

Default Re: Kouros vs Santos vs Antaeus.......Which one for a lifetime partner?

I love Kouros, Santos and Antaeus, but could not have them be my signature and one and only!

Pressed - considering where and how I wear the frags I own - Santos. Most Versatile.
    Last edited by Bromo33333; 30th April 2008 at 09:52 PM.
    ===
    [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me nave, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross. ~ David Sedaris

Tough choice.

I have and enjoy all three.

Leather chypres (Antaeus) and herbaceous chypres (Santos) are favorite categories of mine.

If I had to choose one however it would have to be the rich aromatic Kouros. I keep sniffing myself when I wear Kouros. I can't say that about the other two.

To me, Kouros and its elder brother, Orange Spice, are unique and treasured scents in the world of fragrances.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 30th April 2008 at 08:59 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Sur la Plage

KOUROS!
    Last edited by petruccijc; 30th April 2008 at 10:17 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Kouros above Antaeus (well don't know about the old version)

For santos, i don't know yet!

I love all three to be honest...but Kouros would still be king........

Chanel Antaeus.

antaeus!

Thumbs up Re: Kouros vs Santos vs Antaeus.......Which one for a lifetime partner?

I've only owned 2 out of 3. Kouros & Santos. Antaeus is wonderful too. I like all 3.

Kouros

Antaeus though I like them all... Antaeus just reaches a little farther!
    "Faites des btises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

Oh, Pugs, thou makest me to anoint myself with Santos, thy Kouros and thy Antaeus they beguile me. It's a really good question for reasons I'm powerless to explain. Maybe because all three have a sort of equivalent curiosity value as relics of another time. Things that I don't wear regularly but which evoke very strong and particular reactions.
    I'd have to sadly choose Antaeus as having aged most gracefully, in part because the perplexing slight animalic sweetness still seems mysterious to me: animal, herbal, mineral, ethereal? The same note, is it rockrose?, as in Givenchy Gentleman. Pegasus might smell like this. Or a coat made of Pegasus. Or chaps.
    Santos, to my nose, is the best of a breed of petitgrain-heavy, oriental-leaning chypres that includes Versace L'Homme. But I can live without all of them. Kouros is more a curiosity to me: fun to play with, a fine subject for layering experiments but not a love.
    Last edited by Strollyourlobster; 1st May 2008 at 12:02 AM.

I have owned all three.
    I swapped the Antaeus
    Santos is nice, but not great
    Kouros IMO is outstanding and would be my pick.

Chris,

I'm a Santos man myself. Andron is the only fragrance which will be harder to get out of my wardrobe.

Bill
    In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane - Oscar Wilde

Santos de Cartier is king.
    Current Favorites

Creed- Windsor
    Serge Lutens- Chergui
    Creed- GIT
    Lolita Lempica Au Masculin
    Ysl M7
    Creed-Aventus
    Pure Malt
    Chanel Egoiste
    Egyptian Goddess
    Serge Lutens- Arabie
    Frederic Malle- Musc Ravageur
    Acqua di Parma- Mandorlo

Completely unrelated fragrances. A very subjective thing. Antaeus

Korous and Santos way above Antaeus. It would be hard for me to decide between the two though, they're so different.

Easy: Kouros
    To live in a society where two lifetime partners are common would be paradise, though!
    Last edited by narcus; 13th May 2008 at 08:49 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I own and use quite often all three so thanks God its just a hypothetical question. However, my choice would be Santos.
    As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others. Peter Handke

Kouros without a doubt

As you know, it is very hard to choose a lifetime partner!
    Anyway between these three, I only like Santos.

Kouros is probably the most versatile of these three for me. Easiest to wear as a signature, but picking it, oh the pain it would be to have to reject the beauty of Antaeus. I might almost pick Antaeus even though it would be harder to wear evermore.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I am not counting but I think Anataeus got more votes than Kouros...Surprising....

Blog Entries

Antaeus....by a mile.

Kuoros is terrible, outdated, and for sad old people with no game....

Santos is alright...but takes a punch from Antaeus in this poll.

Cool Re: Kouros vs Santos vs Antaeus.......Which one for a lifetime partner?

Easy choice: Antaeus. But it's a nightime scent only----unless you live in colder climates.

Kourus--if you have to do time in a Greek prison; or ask THING to hand you soap in The Addams Family bathroom.

Good luck finding the 'old Santos' original formula; they've messed up and scrambled the bottles so much it's hard to tell which is which.

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Well .. Having tried Antaeus & Santos over the past few months & again over this past week , I feel I can finally comment on this thread .
    My verdict is Kouros & Antaeus . I will never be without them .
    Santos hmmm , very very nice but powerless & without sillage which ultimately left me dissapointed , I came to the conclusion that I sampled the more recent reformulation & with all the talk about the original & the supposedly more powerful but smokier Concentree , it really makes it tricky & open to debate , but !! I make an announcement .
    Alain Delon AD to my nose is a richer more complex SANTOS !!
    I realize its a longshot but if any of you Santos users have some AD Im just curious to see what you think ?
    Last edited by Dimitrios; 4th June 2008 at 03:44 PM. Reason: error

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Blog Entries

Kouros. It would beat Santos Concentrate just by a split second.

Kouros and then Anteus by a very close split hair!

Kouros.... yes.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Antaeus.

But, if my wife got to choose then it would be Kouros.

I have only tested Santos and it is a very fine scent.

Even my Santos Concentree smells WEAK. Weaker than Antaeus.

Kouros is the king for me.

Never smelled the vintage versions of any of them. If Santos Concentree would be much stronger i would like it most

Antaeus. It just smells right and lasts forever.

Antaeus just barely beats Kouros for me, for today anyway.

Kouros

Despite all of them being classics, it's all about the smell, and Antaeus just smells BEAUTIFUL, even in its current incarnation. Now that I am on my second bottle, I realize the folly of being without Antaeus for almost a year, a sin that I have since recently rectified. It's unique, and no, it's certainly NOT dated, not to me in any case! Wear it proudly, with the confidence that only such a beauty entails.

If I could go santos concentree that would be the winner for me. Original version, I would go with Antaeus

Kouros

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I think this is relatively easy to answer. Santos and preferably the Concentree version which is just a fantastic fragrance.

Followed by Antaeus which although I think is a beautifully blended fragrance, lacks that final oomph that Santos brings.

Kouros I used to wear when it first came out and I don't own a bottle of it now. Which I think says it all.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Wow - tough call. I won't answer.

They kind of all live in the same neighborhood to me.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 8th June 2011 at 07:54 AM.

_

I love Antaeus but Kouros has ten times as much character as the other two combined. Santos Concentree is worthy. Regular Santos is as grating and unpleasant as they come.

1. Kouros (vintage)
    2. Antaeus (vintage)
    3. Santos Concentree (vintage)
    Last edited by pluran; 31st August 2012 at 01:14 PM.

DeepSilence

Kouros
    IMO Santos has dark synthetic base which i don't like it, and Kouros is better than Santos by far. I have not tried Antaeus

Antaeus or Santos

Antaeus

Easy choice for me as I have never liked/owned Kouros.....I have always liked and appreciated Santos but have never purchased...Which leaves Antaeus which I have owned in it's original formula and recently sampled and found that I liked it better in it's current reformulation...it is on my "to buy" list.....

Kouros. Antaeus is easier to wear but less satisfying. Last time i smelt santos it's drydown was just "wrong"

Kouros.

Antaeus Vintage or Antaeus Sport Cologne Vintage (now on e_Bay) as the latter retains the beeswax and leather of the original but has a more herbal feel.

Antaeus

AromiErotici

Well, I have to say Kouros in spite of my liking vintage Antaeus quite a bit. Kouros is nasty masculinity in a bottle and makes no apologies.

It also has dramatic effects on women. They either can't stand the smell of it ( like alot of male members here) or are drawn to it without realizing why ( again....like alot of male members here). Kouros is the Mike Tyson of frags and even if you don't like it, you had better respect it.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Used all three constantly from their launches. Tough call, but it would have to be Kouros. With the scarcity of Balenciaga pour Homme nowadays, there is not much that even smells like the big K. There are several alternatives to Antaeus and Santos though.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Antaeus a rich baroque leather fragrance

Antaeus: my first love!

Never enjoyed Kouros. I love Antaeus and Santos Concentrate and both are in my top 5 but I would choose Santos only because it's more versatile.

Antaeus !

Kouros!

Kouros

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    Kouros is the Mike Tyson of frags and even if you don't like it, you had better respect it.

Cartier Santos Concentree.

No brutality, just style.

Haven't tried Santos. Out of the two remaining, I'd vote for Kouros
    Click to view my swap thread (L'Occitane and Tam Dao products going):

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/277...mp-body-lotion

Kouros

Quote Originally Posted by Paninaro View Post
    Cartier Santos Concentree.

No brutality, just style.

This.