Code of Conduct

Default SotD Thursday 1 May

Starting the month with ELdO Encens et Bubblegum.

Happy May Day!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Thursday 1 May

Il Bacio for me today.

Lutens Vetiver Oriental
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

The very lovely Rive Gauche for me this sunny morning.
    Have a good day everyone.

Woke up to a gorgeous springtime day. I feel I should be by the sea, sunbathing, swimming....or sailing. That's why I'm wearing Navegar, even if I'm going to stay at home all morning doing housework (sigh).

Inspired by Agent Provocateurs Monday SotD I wore TBS Vanilla and dug out my Hanae Mori Butterfly sample... unfortunately I put on too much Vanilla and it overpowered the Hanae Mori. Oh well. Nice idea though

Now wearing Amorito as SotE.

Yvresse (YSL) today.

Happy Labour Day!

Versace Blonde.
    Happy Labour Day!!!

Happy May 1st!

Following in Coco's footsteps -- Diorissimo from musse's mini.

SOTD: Miami Glow by J.Lo (sweet and happy, just perfect for this lazy day! All I have to do is keep lying in bed and dream about the sun and surf in Miami)
    Ms Twolf, so happy that you are following, everytime I wear Diorissimo, I think of my mum (probably time to give her a buzz).
    Happy Labour Day! Most of my colleagues will take tomorrow off and have an extended long weekend *blah*

Happy May Day and power to the workers of the world.
    I can't resist quoting my adored late Pa, who every May Day would tell a story that culminated in the memorable saying:
    "Hooray, hooray, the first of May.
    Outdoor sex begins today!"

I won't be indulging in that particular outdoor activity today, but I will be wearing Femininite du Bois to go for a tramp in the woods with my family as it's a public holiday here.

Have a lovely day, all.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Basenotes Plus

Hello everyone, Lorenzo Villoresi Musk for me today.

Wordbird, your Pa sounds like he must have been a riot.

Have a wonderful day, everyone.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Parfumerie Generale Musc Maori today

When they said chocolate, they weren't kidding.
    Going to get some mocha now.....
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Acca Kappa - Muschio Bianco

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Creed Royal Water as SotD
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Bois de Violette ~ GEORGOUS!!! One of Lutens finest!!!

LOL at Wordbird's Pa's wit!

For me, another one of The Girls I Came to the Party With...not exactly a "classic" but for me a winner since she appeared on the scene eight or nine years ago - J'Adore by Calice Becker for Dior.

This was one of those happy occasions where the e-tail ordered Real Thing matched the magazine scent strip! LOVED the original adverts with the beautiful blond in a pool of molten gold, wearing ubangi-style rings up her long gorgeous neck, her skin Goldfinger-ed and shimmery. LOVED the play on words....and this seamless blend of violets and peaches and melons and muguet over soft sandalwood works rully well on my bod.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Happy May Day!

Wordbird, your beloved late father sounds like a hot hoot.

Lovely spring weather, but it's still a bit chilly, so I'm in the simultaneously light and slighltly warm Yves Rocher Voile d'Ambre.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Love's True Bluish Light for me today. It'll fade by late afternoon, when I intend to go sniffing at Saks. Why Saks? Because Saks in the only store in NY that carries the older Diors.

I couldn't help myself and wore the Un Bois Vanille from Musse once again. It's just toooo good!!

Went shopping today where I got myself a lovely knitted black scarf (been needing something black to add to the scarf collection!), and a gorgeous pair of suede black boots for winter. I'm VERY fussy when it comes to boots - I hate leather, I hate pointy toes, and I don't want heels because these are for everyday wear. These ones fit the bill perfectly and $80 wasn't really too bad at all! The boyfriend tried to convince me to get a pair that he liked (long, skin-tight and heeled) but I really didn't see how much practical wear I'd get out of those ones, even if they WERE pretty sexy...

While I was there I had a quick sniff in Myer: Agent Provocateur Strip and Miss Dior Cherie Printemps (not sure on exact name, it's the pink redo). Strip came out powerful and.. incensey? It soon dried down to talcum powder and pink musk stick lollies. Printemps honestly felt the exact same as Cherie, only a teensy bit lighter. Well, at least I can save my money on these two.

BPAL's White Rabbit. It's my lucky fragrance for the Detroit Red Wings playoffs. Go Wings!
    WISHLIST: Tokyo Milk Honey & the Moon, Brooklyn Bunny Lettuce
    "Another way to take up more space is to wear perfume. I really love wearing perfume." ANDY WARHOL
    DETROIT RED WINGS: RULING THE HOCKEY UNIVERSE SINCE 1927

Dear Jillsy, I'm glad you found my little concoction
    interesting. I used TBS Vanilla oil on my pulse points
    then lavishely sprayed Butterfly all over me . YUM
    I got a compliment the moment I stepped into my friend's office.

Today is another sunny but chilly day, so much for the
    outdoor escapades . I see where Wordbird gets her wit .

No. 23 for me today
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

It's Dzing for me today. Today is a good day/ bad day. I am taking our classroom rat to the vet to either get a tumor removed or have her put to sleep. Then, after school, I may be getting a new dog. I have already met with the owner and the dog (through Last Chance Rescue) and she is bringing him to my house today for a home inspection. If I pass, she'll leave him! I'm so excited! It's an Old English Sheepdog- 5 years old. Yay!

Wish me luck.

Lally
    The splendor of the rose and the whiteness of the lily do not rob the little violet of it’s scent nor the daisy of its simple charm. If every tiny flower wanted to be a rose, spring would lose its loveliness.”

Going to see my Doctor today who will be really pissed I have already diagnosed myself with cancer in my hip ( I thought she would choke me when I diagnosed myself with mitral valve prolapse and requested an echocardiogram, which she let me get any way). I will wear Chanel Cormandel, the doc always likes big perfumes.

Good luck with the doggy, Lally. I am sure the owner will feel comfortable leaving the dog in a new loving home. Tdi, good luck at the doctors, don't self diagnose, it really pisses them off...especially if it turns out to be correct.

Today I think I will do Cristal from Chanel; my little bottle is so vintage that is how it is spelt.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Wordbird, I love your dad's carefree spirit.
    tdi and I could use some of Wordbird's papa's attitude cuz we're the worry-wort sorts (but I'm recovered from most anxieties now thanks to Paxil).
    lally, of course you'll pass inspection. Please put pix of your new baby in your avatar.

Comparing three dots of fragrance today: YSL Paris Enchantees, Paris Vergers, and La Rose du Petit Prince.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Fleurs D'Oranger

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Wordbird, I love your dad's carefree spirit.
    tdi and I could use some of Wordbird's papa's attitude cuz we're the worry-wort sorts (but I'm recovered from most anxieties now thanks to Paxil).
    lally, of course you'll pass inspection. Please put pix of your new baby in your avatar.

Comparing three dots of fragrance today: YSL Paris Enchantees, Paris Vergers, and La Rose du Petit Prince.
    Your right Quarry. I am a worrier. It comes from being so anal I think. Of course my anal retentivness is what makes me an excellent ICU nurse....you want someone like me taking care of you when you are laying in an ICU bed It is also what lends me to my self diagnosis that drives my doctor insane. Believe it or not I am really not a hypochondriac I tend to ignore symptoms for a very long time until I can not stand it any longer.....hence it took years for my asthma to be diagnosed. I probably could still use a little touch of Paxil or Prozac

Good luck, lally!

Un Jardin sur le Nil today.

Testing Ecume de Rose again, trying to pick one Rosine scent to buy. I have it down to three finalists, and it's hell trying to pick between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    SOTD: Miami Glow by J.Lo (sweet and happy, just perfect for this lazy day! All I have to do is keep lying in bed and dream about the sun and surf in Miami)
    Ms Twolf, so happy that you are following, everytime I wear Diorissimo, I think of my mum (probably time to give her a buzz).
    Happy Labour Day! Most of my colleagues will take tomorrow off and have an extended long weekend *blah*
    hehe. its definately surfy out here today. yesterday was choppy, so the surfers are happy. and it is sunny and warm. yay!

as for me, Demeter Holy Water this morning for a ride along to the doc with my mom then breakfast, now, Chanel #19 for work (see, i do go to work once in a while)
    ~*~*~*~*~
    One by one the lava lamps are stealing my sanity...

Basenotes Institution

Baime by Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier

Hi everybody To celebrate that spring and the slightly warmer weather is here I put on Champs Elysees for work. Sote is Lolita Lempicka's "L".

L'Occitane Verbena - working in the garden. HAGD!!

Finally got a chance to log in.

I'm wearing Bandit today - thanks again Taolady!!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Provocateur View Post
    Dear Jillsy, I'm glad you found my little concoction
    interesting. I used TBS Vanilla oil on my pulse points
    then lavishely sprayed Butterfly all over me . YUM
    I got a compliment the moment I stepped into my friend's office.

Today is another sunny but chilly day, so much for the
    outdoor escapades . I see where Wordbird gets her wit .

No. 23 for me today
    Agent Provocateur, I'm inspired as well. Will you (or can anyone) please tell me what TBS stands for? I'm not yet well versed in all the maker acronyms. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisewater View Post
    Will you (or can anyone) please tell me what TBS stands for? I'm not yet well versed in all the maker acronyms. Thanks!
    TBS = The Body Shop. :bounce:

(Great shop for great cheapies, btw!)

SotE: Lea + Bulgari Blu Notte.
    Last edited by musse; 1st May 2008 at 07:44 PM.

Talking Re: SotD Thursday 1 May

So I spent my day off on lawn care, organic lawn care, after pushing DH for years to lay off the chemicals.
    I found an environmentally safe corn gluten weed preventer and organic fertilizers. It's a bit pricier but what the heck, it's way safer. Hoorah for corn gluten!

To celebrate that success, I am wearing the original Vent Vert by Balmain. A green scent for an excursion into green-dom.

Wall Street by Bond No.9
    Gary