Code of Conduct

Default A gift for my fiancee

Hi everyone. I'm looking for some advice here. My fiancee is the assistant curator at a museum of fine arts. There's going to be an opening night event for a big exhibit she's been working really hard on, and i want to buy her a new scent for the night. Of course, the party will entail dressing well, but not too formal.

She's 26 years old, and as of now she's mostly been wearing Euphoria, D&G light blue, and Burberry Weekend. Of these she mostly wears Euphoria.
    Her style is somewhat conservative, but modern...like she buys a lot of her clothes at Banana Republic.
    My price range goes up to Creed at full retail. Any help will do.
    Thanks!

Default Re: A gift for my fiancee

If you were going to go for Creed, I'd recommend Vanisia. Otherwise, I'd highly recommend Prada L'Infusion d'Iris. Great for any age, great for daytime or evening, a really unique and gorgeous fragrance. Very sexy, quite light, but not too light. Makes a statement. And it's a new and modern fragrance. I think it would fit the bill perfectly.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

I'd also like to know YOUR likes regarding female frags...then we'll see what comes up with both of you in mind!

Thanks for the feedback. I've smelled Vanisia, and I do really like it. I have to try the Prada, though. As for what I like, well, I'm really big on L'Air du Desert Morocain, as well as Amber Sultan, Spring Flowers, and Timbuktu. Hope that helps. Thanks.

I'll list 3 my Wife wears and they're all 4 star frags in Turin's new Perfume Guide.

Hanae Mori 'Butterfly"

L'infante by Divine

Coromandel by Chanel

I will tell you my Wife cannot go out of the house wearing Coromandel with out receiving numerous positive comments. It seems the non aficionado is ga-ga over it They don't know what it is but they all love it. Nice large 200ml bottle for the price of 100ml of Creed. Nice magnetic top and cover to keep the light out. Makes a nice gift presentation.

My Wife has a 200ml bottle and just mentioned the other day she wants another when it runs out. All 3 of these are worth re-ordering IMO.
    Last edited by thebeck; 5th May 2008 at 03:49 PM. Reason: add verbage

thebeck, where do you find Coromandel? I did a quick internet search to see if some of the stores in my area carry it, and I was unsuccessful. Thanks for the reply, though.

Quote Originally Posted by mmaximus View Post
    thebeck, where do you find Coromandel? I did a quick internet search to see if some of the stores in my area carry it, and I was unsuccessful. Thanks for the reply, though.

You'll have to buy it directly from any Chanel Boutique. They'll take phone orders.

Quote Originally Posted by mmaximus View Post
    You can get it at Bergdorf Goodman's. Just call and ask to speak with the Chanel Exclusifs representative.