Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Question Berdoues 1902 Eau de Colognes

There seems to have been a lot of discussion lately about "classic" Eau de Colognes - so I was wandering about Berdoues 1902 Eau de Colognes.

I have seen these being sold in Caswell-Massey stores. But on several occasions I have seen a gift set of 4 from their Premium collection (Lavender, Cardamom, Green Tea and Citrus) being sold in Marshalls (each bottle is 1.65 oz and I think the total price for the set was $12.99). Now this past weekend, I saw 2 different selections from their Tradition collection (Naturelle and Vetyver) being sold in TJ Maxx (each bottle was 15.84 oz and was priced at $7.99!).

Has anybody used any of these before, and if so, what are your thoughts/comments?

Thanks,

Joe

Default Re: Berdoues 1902 Eau de Colognes

I have never heard of them but if you can get bottles for basically the price of samples, please buy them and let us know what you think!
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I own the Vetyver, the Green Tea, and the Lavender, all in 100ml bottles. I have tested the Citrus, which I like, and the Cardamom, which I never came to terms with.

I think these are good buys, especially for the price you mentioned. Even though they are listed as colognes, they are fairly long lasting. The Green Tea makes it through most of a normal work day. I've probably worn that one the most, followed by the Vetyver and then the Lavender.

They smell good to me and I like wearing them. They are fine for summer wear, too. I don't think that any of them are very complex, but that's not the point of their existence. They are inexpensive, relatively simple and light, somewhat refreshing scents to be used liberally and without too much thinking. Buy and enjoy!

noggs

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    I own the Vetyver, the Green Tea, and the Lavender, all in 100ml bottles. I have tested the Citrus, which I like, and the Cardamom, which I never came to terms with.

I think these are good buys, especially for the price you mentioned. Even though they are listed as colognes, they are fairly long lasting. The Green Tea makes it through most of a normal work day. I've probably worn that one the most, followed by the Vetyver and then the Lavender.

They smell good to me and I like wearing them. They are fine for summer wear, too. I don't think that any of them are very complex, but that's not the point of their existence. They are inexpensive, relatively simple and light, somewhat refreshing scents to be used liberally and without too much thinking. Buy and enjoy!

noggs
    Thanks noggs.

I am going to pick them up. I don't think I can go wrong at those prices.