Code of Conduct

Default May we talk about Nutmeg for a moment?

I use to really like Intuition by Estee Lauder. It was a note unique to my nose--smooth, powdery nutmeg with a masculine twist. It was so comforting. Then Hypnose came out. Was Hynose necessary since it practically smells like Intuition with the hefty dose of nutmeg? Most recently, I have read about Cacharel PH. This one has escaped my battery of tests. However, I hear CPH is centered around nutmeg as well. So with this in mind, what do you feel about these three nutmeg fragrances? Which composition has your vote, if one at all? Thanks!

Default Re: May we talk about Nutmeg for a moment?

Cacharel PL'H definitely gets my no.1 vote Scentologist!

This is a class-act, and so often unfairly overlooked! To my mind it is one of the most enjoyable scents to wear when looking for cosiness, homeliness and warmth. The nutmeg lends a comforting familiarity that lies beneath lush green and shimmering citruses. Top ten material. In fact, I have had thoughts of adding it to "my babies" in my signature below.

Heres the review I wrote in the directory:

An exceptional yet often-overlooked gem!
    Cacharel Pour L'Homme is one of the "keepers" from the 80s. Where scents from that decade are often described as loud and excessive - CPL is a remarkably well-balanced understated scent.
    The opening is very opulent and shimmers with zestful citrus played off against soft lavender. Carnation and (my beloved) Geranium lend an appealing dustiness to the heart. Nutmeg is also a prominent accord, although one might say that the sum of all these individual notes sometimes suggests the presence of clove alongside the nutmeg. The base is a sublime blend of woods where the cedar and vetiver prevail.
    This is a fragrance that deserves attention, and there is something distinctly cosy and familiar about it. Though worn relatively close to the skin, L'Homme has remarkable staying power and an overall quality that draws others around you in, to indulge their senses.
    Can be worn day or night and at any time of year. It comes alive in both warm and cool weather, where different nuances shift to the fore. Glorious.

Definitely worth sampling next time you find it.

Consider Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree as well. Excellent use of nutmeg.

Love Cacharel PH as well. The nutmeg feels so comfortable in it.

Quote Originally Posted by trumpet_guy View Post
    Consider Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree as well. Excellent use of nutmeg.
    Ditto!

the only nutmeg style fragrance i own and tried before is Azzaro Visit... and its a warm nutmeg dominant scent that does not have much in terms of complexity...but massive sillage and staying power...
    "You smell kinda pretty! Wanna Smell me ?"
    - Johnny Bravo

Wardrobe