Code of Conduct

Default Shower Gels for Men

Hi,

I'm trying to find a good selection of shower gels for Spring/Summer. I'm looking for something fresh, since I live in a rather hot climate I find this to be important. At the moment I'm using Dove which is great, however I'd like to try something new.

I've tried the so-called shower gels for men - and I've binned most of them after using them once - half of them seem to use lemon, pine, etc and have this choking effect. Some of them smell like toilet cleaner. All I know is that none of them refresh.

Shower gels linked to perfumes are nice - although some of them tend to be a bit too strong.

I was thinking of getting something from Marks and Spencer or Asquith and Somerset; I've heard good things about them. Any suggestions?

I know some rangers are for women - but some can be described as unisex. Anyway, I'm open to anything - I just need some suggestions.

Default Re: Shower Gels for Men

I have an Every Man Jack shower gel (well I think it's termed body wash but they're pretty much the same thing!) that smells like peppermint. It's their "signature" one. I've tried a few Old Spice ones as well, and would recommend the After Hours variety of those.
    My limited 'drobe: Boss In Motion, Armani Code, Concentre d'Orange Verte, Paul Smith Story.

old spice after hours, showtime and glacial falls are very good. Everyman jack is good. Dial Blue Grit is pretty nice as well!
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

Quote Originally Posted by mlt.perfume View Post
    I'm trying to find a good selection of shower gels for Spring/Summer. I'm looking for something fresh, since I live in a rather hot climate I find this to be important. At the moment I'm using Dove which is great, however I'd like to try something new.
    Lots of recommendations for both soap and shower gel on this thread:

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=205173

Mazzolari makes great bath/shower gels in many different flavours. High quality stuff, they are also enriched with natural essential oils leaving the skin soft and the scent stays there for longtime. The price is nice too, about 15 euros for a bottle that last longtime.
    I use to use the bergamotto (bergamot) one at the gym and is wonderful, uplifting after the workout.

my favorites are:

Cannabis Rose shower gel by Fresh
    Mangosteen shower gel by Fresh
    Black Pepper body wash by Moulton Brown

I am a huge fan of Yves Rocher shower gels, I must have tried nearly every scent they make in the Jardins du Monde and Fraicheur Vegetale lines, plus others to match their fragrances. Scents I think you may like -Mint, blue cedar, green tea, bamboo, caribbean aloe vera (my dad's favorite). My personal favorites are blue cedar, mint, green tea, cocoa bean, nectarine, tiare and I am itching to buy the new florida orange one. They all lather up quite well and smell great. I don't know how many guys here have tried the neonatura cocoon scent, but that one is great as well - cocoa, vanilla and patchouli, perhaps better for cooler weather, but worth trying.

Sur la Plage

I like some of the shower gels from Philosophy.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Went on a shower-gel shopping spree today. Got some nice stuff for layering. Shame I couldn't fins 4711 or Yardley Shower Gel though
    Last edited by mlt.perfume; 16th June 2008 at 08:01 PM.
    A

Newbie discovering the wonderful world of perfume

Looking for; http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=210771
    and
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=214089

It amuses me that most of you take care of your body more than I do. I use what Sephora has(the body milk). It has more scents for it and so on and I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by bebe_delia View Post
    It amuses me that most of you take care of your body more than I do.
    LOL unfortunately I get that comment quite often - and everyone at home seems to tease me about my insane amount of bath/shower products, grooming products, and scents... ah well, at the end of the day it's what makes us feel better and feel good
    A

Newbie discovering the wonderful world of perfume

Looking for; http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=210771
    and
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=214089

Quote Originally Posted by mlt.perfume View Post
    LOL unfortunately I get that comment quite often - and everyone at home seems to tease me about my insane amount of bath/shower products, grooming products, and scents... ah well, at the end of the day it's what makes us feel better and feel good
    Actually, I don't think that it's because of you, but because of me. I kind of ignore my body besides working out and eating healthy from this product thing perspective(body as in body skin). I mean, I don't have any problems with it, but I dk.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

I've been using Magno shower gel for years.

Family members who would travel to Spain would always bring back bars of the signature black soap, which was originally made at La Toja (now A Toxa) in my parents' native province of A Coruña.

A few years later, I discovered that the shower gel version was available for purchase right here in the United States. I like this gel because it echoes the base notes of a lot of perfumes, a little woody and slightly oriental; this makes it possible to use it without having it conflict with whatever scent you may be applying after showering.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca