Code of Conduct

Default Art of Shaving Lemon

The one or two times I smelled this, it was amazing but that has been a long time and I am unable to conduct a comparison to ADP Colonia. Anyone willing to comment on these two?

Default Re: Art of Shaving Lemon

I've bought Colonia, Colonia Assoluta and Colonia Intensa for others. If they'd smelled anywhere near as good as Art of Shaving Lemon, I'd have bought bottles of them for myself as well - but I didn't. AOS lemon is livelier, thicker and richer than the other three.

The only ADP that smelled like AOS Lemon was their Doppo Barba which I used after shaving for a week and a half till the sample ran out.

I've just put some Intensa sample on my hand, and compared it to AOS Lemon. There is little to compare as far as I'm concerned.
    Renato

I tried Lemon when I was in Japan a few month ago. And it was really wonderful. I like it so much more than Colonia series.

Art of Shaving Lemon is what I'd consider a sweeter, smoother lemon than sour or tart. You want a tart and zesty lemon I'd refer to Lacoste (original) or Homme de Gres but those were very woody (and quite good imo).

A pure lemon - Acqua Viva!

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    I've bought Colonia, Colonia Assoluta and Colonia Intensa for others. If they'd smelled anywhere near as good as Art of Shaving Lemon, I'd have bought bottles of them for myself as well - but I didn't. AOS lemon is livelier, thicker and richer than the other three.

The only ADP that smelled like AOS Lemon was their Doppo Barba which I used after shaving for a week and a half till the sample ran out.

I've just put some Intensa sample on my hand, and compared it to AOS Lemon. There is little to compare as far as I'm concerned.
    Renato
    I tried ADP Colonia and Colonia Assoluta today. Colonia very briefly smells like AOS Lemon, but gets weak very quickly. Colonia Assoluta smells the closest of the three ADP Colonias to AOS Lemon, and has similar lasting power.

Renato

What kind of longevity are you gentlemen finding with AOS Lemon?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Frances View Post
    What kind of longevity are you gentlemen finding with AOS Lemon?
    It easily lasted eight or nine hours on me, with strength.
    Renato

Basenotes Institution

Why is it that I've never heard about this wonderful longevity and comments about Art of Shaving Lemon? I thought I had my ear to the ground when it came to lemon fragrances here at BN, but it seems as if I'm hearing these positive comments for the very first time.

There's a brand new AOS store in the mall I'm always at, and I never had any desire to walk inside and sample anything. Now I do.

Bront82 is a lemon freak like me too - hopefully he'll see this thread and comment on AOS Lemon.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Why is it that I've never heard about this wonderful longevity and comments about Art of Shaving Lemon? I thought I had my ear to the ground when it came to lemon fragrances here at BN, but it seems as if I'm hearing these positive comments for the very first time.

There's a brand new AOS store in the mall I'm always at, and I never had any desire to walk inside and sample anything. Now I do.

Bront82 is a lemon freak like me too - hopefully he'll see this thread and comment on AOS Lemon.
    I only bought mine blind a few weeks ago, it arrived not long ago, I tried it and posted my own thread on it immediately.
    I couldn't do it any faster than that.
    Renato