Code of Conduct

Default eBay feedback with a deadbeat seller: feedback issue.

I searched eBay's forum and could not find the information, and I thought I'd post about it here, because it's something some BNers will likely encounter. I won an auction and the seller didn't send me the item and won't respond to my emails. I filed a claim with paypal, and they have yet to respond, so I'll likely win the case. However, I'm afraid that the seller will leave me negative feedback if I leave her negative feedback, but I think it's important to leave that negative feedback to warn others. My plan is to leave the negative feedback at the last moment, but I can't find out how long I have to leave feedback. Does anyone know how much time eBay gives you to leave feedback?
    Thanks.

Default Re: eBay feedback with a deadbeat seller: feedback issue.

I read that as of 1st of may sellers will not be allowed to give neg feedback to buyers. I had a link but i lost it.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I searched eBay's forum and could not find the information, and I thought I'd post about it here, because it's something some BNers will likely encounter. I won an auction and the seller didn't send me the item and won't respond to my emails. I filed a claim with paypal, and they have yet to respond, so I'll likely win the case. However, I'm afraid that the seller will leave me negative feedback if I leave her negative feedback, but I think it's important to leave that negative feedback to warn others. My plan is to leave the negative feedback at the last moment, but I can't find out how long I have to leave feedback. Does anyone know how much time eBay gives you to leave feedback?
    Thanks.
    I know the feeling Bigsly. My only eBay negative came as a retaliation for my leaving warning negative feedback on an underhanded seller of Counterfeit GIT (Green Frich Tweed--what else!) which I bought prior to learning on Basenotes that there even was such a thing. The slimebucket is long gone from that particular eBay ID but the lying negative retaliatory feedback he posted lives on forever. I have no idea as to the time limits eBay puts on posting feedback but I would imagine an email to them would get your answer.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

With more research, it appears that it is 60 days, but I still don't have a definitive statement from eBay, and of course they can change their policy whenever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    I know the feeling Bigsly. My only eBay negative came as a retaliation for my leaving warning negative feedback on an underhanded seller of Counterfeit GIT (Green Frich Tweed--what else!) which I bought prior to learning on Basenotes that there even was such a thing. The slimebucket is long gone from that particular eBay ID but the lying negative retaliatory feedback he posted lives on forever. I have no idea as to the time limits eBay puts on posting feedback but I would imagine an email to them would get your answer.

Well this is what I read.

http://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/new.html