Code of Conduct

Default Comments on Four Creeds I tried today.

Today I sprayed four Creeds on my hands.

Royal Delight - great smelling scent. Truly unisex and lasted the longest by far, and with some strength to boot.

Millesime Imperial - how annoying. After years of posting here that it hardly lasts more than two hours on me, this one has lasted 10 hours so far, albeit a bit weakly for half that time.

Royal Water - longevity and output somewhat less than MI.

Neroli Sauvage - well, Eau Sauvage lasts about two hours on me. But Neroli Sauvage I couldn't really detect after about an hour. That was most disappointing.
    Is "Sauvage" French for - doesn't last long at all?

Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 7th May 2008 at 12:50 PM.

Default Re: Comments on Four Creeds I tried today.

Can I ask where you sampled these Creed's? I'm still buggered to find a perfume store in Brisbane that even sells the damn thing.

Sauvage means "wild" or "savage."

The only one on your list that I've smelled (and used) was Millesime Imperial, and I happen to love it. What did you find annoying about it - the fact that it lasted longer than you thought it would? The scent?

What other scents do you like that we can use for comparison?

Quote Originally Posted by charlielu View Post
    Can I ask where you sampled these Creed's? I'm still buggered to find a perfume store in Brisbane that even sells the damn thing.
    That would be annoying. Harrolds in Melbourne has it. They have a store in Sydney, but none in Brisbane, unfortunately.

That's the problem with living in Australia. In Italy last year, I found that they stocked Creed in at least one store of just about every moderate sized town I visited - and by moderate sized, I mean of around 35,000 people or bigger.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by baudilus View Post
    The only one on your list that I've smelled (and used) was Millesime Imperial, and I happen to love it. What did you find annoying about it - the fact that it lasted longer than you thought it would? The scent?

What other scents do you like that we can use for comparison?
    When I tried it at another major store some six years ago, I thought it a tad lighter, a tad more feminine, and what I sprayed on the back of my hand disappeared after two hours or so. And when MI came up in discussion here, that's how I wrote about it.

So it's annoying that suddenly I seem to be experiencing a significantly different scent. Perhaps what I perceived as slightly feminine then, I don't view that way now (that certainly happened to me with respect to Eau de Hadrian). But my back of the hand timing tests I've always viewed as pretty objective. Most scents that only lasted two or three hours on me back then, still only last that long now. But not MI.

I'd rate it ahead of Eau de Hadrian, miles ahead of Eau de L'Artisan, on par with Aqua di Portofino, but behind Eau de Rochas Homme - which to my mind is still the classiest male citrus scent around.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 7th May 2008 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Today I sprayed four Creeds on my hands.

Royal Delight - great smelling scent. Truly unisex and lasted the longest by far, and with some strength to boot.

Millesime Imperial - how annoying. After years of posting here that it hardly lasts more than two hours on me, this one has lasted 10 hours so far, albeit a bit weakly for half that time.

Royal Water - longevity and output somewhat less than MI.

Neroli Sauvage - well, Eau Sauvage lasts about two hours on me. But Neroli Sauvage I couldn't really detect after about an hour. That was most disappointing.
    Is "Sauvage" French for - doesn't last long at all?

Renato
    I couldn't agree more Renato, except for the fact that also MI lasted on me as long as NS, just a while.

I find Millesime Imperial really tempermental, depending on weather, particularly humidity. I also found that each bottle I've tried smelled different.

In humid weather it's astonishingly beautiful and radiant, and it lasts a good long time. In dry weather, it's just sickly and short lived.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Slumberhouse : Norne
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent View Post
    I couldn't agree more Renato, except for the fact that also MI lasted on me as long as NS, just a while.
    I'm not alone!
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR View Post
    I find Millesime Imperial really tempermental, depending on weather, particularly humidity. I also found that each bottle I've tried smelled different.

In humid weather it's astonishingly beautiful and radiant, and it lasts a good long time. In dry weather, it's just sickly and short lived.
    That's an extremely interesting observation.
    It was cool and humid here today when I tested MI and the others.
    Renato

I should have also added heat - MI shines in heat and humidity, not just head, or not just humidity/dampness! Though I guess it lasts along time if it's damp and not hot. Give it a try on a hot and humid day - I bet you'll see that it's worth having a bottle for exactly those days, though you probably won't wear much in other weather.
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

Quote Originally Posted by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR View Post

I too, have had extreme variability in MI for the bottle I have, from deep and rich, to weak and unspiring.

I can pretty well predict how it will perform on me on any given day by the initial waft I get when I take off the cap. If it is weak, I move to something else.

I am wondering when you say "lasts" do you mean that it lasts as sillage or lasts on the skin? Even Guerlain Imperiale is perceptibly on my skin for 10 hours - though the sillage is gone in about 30 minutes.
    Last edited by Bromo33333; 7th May 2008 at 05:29 PM.
    ===
    “… [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me naïve, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross.” ~ David Sedaris

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post

Renato

Ditto. I had the same experience, and I bitched and moaned about it initially-- then I realized the longevity is actually pretty good. Now, if only I could have the same thing happen with Hermes Eau D'Orange Verte EDC!

Quote Originally Posted by Bromo33333 View Post
    I am wondering when you say "lasts" do you mean that it lasts as sillage or lasts on the skin? Even Guerlain Imperiale is perceptibly on my skin for 10 hours - though the sillage is gone in about 30 minutes.
    It will always stick on your skin for like 10 hours, but if it's not hot and humid it will just stay there and you'll have no idea it's even there unless you sweat a little or wet your skin.

If it's hot and humid you'll glow an warm aura of MI for several hours, to everyone's delight.
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

Longevity can be really deceptive. People always say how weak and short-lived Bvlgari Pour Homme is. I find that it is still there on the second day - albeit is a weakened state. I have showered, put on another fragrance and the Bvlgari still comes through clearly after the second fragrance has vanished. The newer Creeds act a lot like this - Millesime Imperial and Green Irish Tweed last for well over 24 hours on me. Maybe it is some sort of synthetic musk that is so tenacious? Terre d'Hermes has this same type of longevity, which is really unusual in a fragrance as light and bright as this.

I don't really like any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromo33333 View Post
    By "lasts", I mean goes down to a level where I either can't detect it, or can just barely detect it if I rub my nostrils against my hand.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by opalsdad View Post
    Longevity can be really deceptive. People always say how weak and short-lived Bvlgari Pour Homme is. I find that it is still there on the second day - albeit is a weakened state. I have showered, put on another fragrance and the Bvlgari still comes through clearly after the second fragrance has vanished. The newer Creeds act a lot like this - Millesime Imperial and Green Irish Tweed last for well over 24 hours on me. Maybe it is some sort of synthetic musk that is so tenacious? Terre d'Hermes has this same type of longevity, which is really unusual in a fragrance as light and bright as this.
    I agree about the Bvlagari Homme. To me the classic example of this effect is Gucci Rush which I've had totally disappear for over 10 hours before getting a dramatic reappearance. And to a lesser extent, Jill Sander Pure.

But Terre d'Hermes just quickly disappeared on me, and stayed that way.

Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 8th May 2008 at 12:21 AM.