Code of Conduct

Blog Entries

Default And by "samples"...she meant "testers"...

OK, so I have a cyber-friend who is a BPI rep. We met on a message board for one of our favorite TV shows & she was thrilled when I mentioned my scent hobby & that L'eau D'Issey & Gaultier2 were a couple of my favorite frags. She said she wanted to send me some "samples." I happily gave her my address & awaited my package.

Yeah...I got it today. This is effin' amazing, guys. She sent me FULL testers:

2.5oz L'eau Bleue D'Issey Eau Fraiche
    4.2oz Le Male

She also sends me SEALED:

3.3oz L'eau D'Issey aftershave balm (I had told her I use aftershave balm on my legs sometimes)
    2.5oz L'eau D'Issey moisturizer
    3.3oz Gaultier2 massage oil
    3.3oz Gaultier2 shower gel
    1oz L'eau D'Issey all over shampoo
    1.6oz Le Male face soother

And thrown in for good measure: .5oz L'eau D'Issey Intense edt.

Also thrown in were some small tubes of some of the Gaultier Monsieur toiletry line.

So.....yeah. I was expecting a small box of lil sample vials, & instead I get ALL THIS!!! For free. Because this lady rocks. If she wasn't straight & married, I'd think she may be a lil sweet on me, lol.

I didn't really know where to start, so I layered some of the L'eau D'Issey moisturizer with L'eau Bleue D'Issey Eau Fraiche. I smell pretty fabulous today!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Default Re: And by "samples"...she meant "testers"...

Well jealous. You deserve it though, congratulations

Blog Entries

You could be "that girl" who breaks up the marriage! Ahaha!

But wow, you sure are lucky!
    Looking for:
    Versace Man eau Fraiche - Please PM me if you have it!

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...r8877/haha.jpg

Wow. Lucky you. Jealous me. :P Haha. I love Gaultier2 as well! How is the massage oil? Have you tried using it?

Wonderful

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Blog Entries

I haven't tried the massage oil yet. I'm taking the day off work to run some much needed errands & to attend a mandatory graduation rehearsal. I think after I get back I'll give myself a hand massage w/ the oil & I'll let ya know what it's like!

AWESOME!

I loved reading this, C_J. You definitely got the hookup. Let me just say, L'Eau Bleue D'Issey Eau Fraiche is truly awesome stuff-- I like it better than the original L'Eau Bleue. It's amazing in the summer heat and it would work well on a girl as well as a guy. It's got an incredible mint note that reminds me of a mojito.

Rock ON!

Jackpot!!

Haha, that must have been a nice surprise when you saw the huge box and thought, "That's not for me, is it?!" Congrats CJ

So lucky! I've been wanting to try Le Male for the longest time How is it? And wow, that lady seems very nice, you're lucky to have a friend like her

Basenotes Institution

Congrats CJ. The Gaultier2 shower gel sounds fantastic. The scent I can't pull off, it's a little...too much. But in a shower gel form somehow I think it'd work. Enjoy!
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Hey, if you're interested in a 200ml bottle of Gaultier2 Body Lotion, I can swap it for another lotion, shampoo, shower gel, fragrance, whatever Just send me a PM if you're interested!
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

No jealousy here, just pure happiness and mesmiles!
    That`s what friends are for!
    Great story, man!
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Blog Entries

Thanks guys! I also forgot to add that she had put something in a 10ml decant vial, but it wasn't labeled. I talked to her tonight, & it turns out it's the Gaultier Monsieur fragrance! I sprayed some on my hand. I like it! It's very Mugler Cologne-esque, only with a bit of a kick.

Indie_Guy - I'm liking the Eau Fraiche a lot. I didn't like it upon first spray...it reminded me of Nautica (or what I remember that smelling like, it's been awhile) at first. But it dried down to a very cool & unique frag. I can't wait to try this in the heat of summer.

RomanceSilver - I've always liked Le Male. As long as it's in small doses, it's a nice shot of vanilla. There just seems something wrong with spraying something on myself from a male torso.

Wonderful story! Enjoy the perfumes. You'll love Le Male... but probably others around you will love it more. I used to own it and I used to get so many complements.

Wow, thats a lot of "samples" Congrats, CJ!
    My current Fall-Winter rotation: Baldessarini EdC - Canali Men - Dior Homme Sport - Gucci PH I - Guerlain Homme - Issey Miyake L`Eau D`Issey PH Intense - Lalique Encre Noir - Loewe Solo - Terre d`Hermes - YSL Rive Gauche PH

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Congrats CJ. The Gaultier2 shower gel sounds fantastic. The scent I can't pull off, it's a little...too much. But in a shower gel form somehow I think it'd work. Enjoy!
    The shower gel for G2 is great stuff. It's very potent and lasts forever when it gets into your skin. You don't need to use any of the EDT afterward-- the shower gel will scent you for a long time on its own. I rarely wear G2, but I do use the shower gel more often. Very relaxing.

Nice one Cologne Junkie! Enjoy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moltening View Post
    Wow. How is the massage oil? Have you tried using it?
    Its a "dry" massage oil... meaning it doesn't leave your hands or body slick and slippery. Whilst this is a plus, my wife and I found it doesn't glide very easily either when applying it. It smells fantastic, but its dryness creates more friction than your 'average' massage oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    my wife and I found it doesn't glide very easily either when applying it.
    This made me giggle, god, i'm so immature!

Pfffft!
    Dirty bugger!

It was all said in complete innocence! Promise!

Though the word "glide" is a bit, um, torrid.