Code of Conduct

Default Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille....

Where to buy? Google doesn't help me... And international shipping should be available.

The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp
    Currently wearing: VIP Room by VIP Room

Default Re: Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille....

It's still in stock and will now be made part of their permanent collection.

A very good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post

A very good choice.
    Good to know as I'm finding it increasingly beautiful and addictive!
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

A very good choice.
    May I ask where it's in stock? :P

It should still be in stock in the Paris Guerlain boutique.

Quote Originally Posted by DutchSmell View Post
    May I ask where it's in stock? :P

A very good choice.
    Does this usually mean that the price will come down? I sure hope so.

Depends which line it'll join. L'Art et la Matire' is priced like Spiritueuse Double Vanille.

Quote Originally Posted by evogel View Post

Quote Originally Posted by evogel View Post
    I very much doubt it. Think of how many angered customers they'll have to deal with if this happened (most of whom purchased bottles with the impression that it was a limited edition). Anyway, since late last year, the price increased by 5 Euros.

Ok I guess I will sent them a mail!

What do they cost? Are there different sizes???
    Last edited by DutchSmell; 8th May 2008 at 07:43 PM.

Around $210 USD for 75mls. One size only

One size (75ml) for 145 Euros (P&P is about 25 Euros).

So that would be 170 Euro total.

Quite expensive, I will first wait for my $6 sample to arrive!

Thanks everyone!

Yes but worth every cent, if you ask me. One spray is enough. Bought 3 bottles when it was 140 so don't hope it'll be too cheap in the near future...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guerlain View Post
    Yes but worth every cent, if you ask me. One spray is enough. Bought 3 bottles when it was 140€ so don't hope it'll be too cheap in the near future...
    Only 1 spray total???

I normally do 4 sprays with other fragrances!!!
    Last edited by DutchSmell; 8th May 2008 at 08:56 PM.

OK, maybe 1 one the wrist, 1 on the neck. Of course individual, but it's heavy-duty stuff...

Only 1 spray total???

I normally do 4 sprays with other fragrances!!!

I recommend SDV either. Very peaceful blue scent
    Last edited by DreamerII; 8th May 2008 at 09:08 PM.
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    One can not prove the beauty, but show it. You see it or you don't.

Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) Guerlain Habit Rouge 5) TF Noir de Noir \\ Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

OK, maybe 1 one the wrist, 1 on the neck. Of course individual, but it's heavy-duty stuff...
    Ok thanks, I am really looking forward to my sample, i've read so many great things about it!
    Last edited by DutchSmell; 8th May 2008 at 09:11 PM.

It's really nice. Turin doesn't like the fact that the fruity and sour part of the vanilla stands out, but I think it's a sublime composition with both very lush and very dry notes. One evening I put on 4 sprays to really smell it, and it just made me so embarrassingly self-conscious that I now only spray 1 or 2 - so in the long run, it's not that expensive...

Ok thanks, I am really looking forward to my sample, i've read so many great things about it!

One of the best vanilla's that men can wear (in my opinion). I originally thought Labo's Vanille 44 was better, but now I start to think that Guerlain's SDV is better! I really enjoy it - particularly on weekends!

I know it can be found - you might have to go to The Perfumed Court or elsewhere if you don't want to buy a whole bottle.
    "Faites des btises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

Basenotes Institution

I wore this out to a nightclub last Saturday. Mind you, this is NOT the type of fragrance I usually wear in club/dance situations (gourmands turn chokingly cloying in Miami humidity). But SDV worked like a charm and that boozy/vanilla chord cut through the smoke and nightclub smells quite nicely. Extremely comforting whiffs of it kept making their way up to my nose all night. I love this stuff.
    "Realize deeply that the present moment is all you will ever have."

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Shalimar by Guerlain

Oh Mike, sounds great! Thought smoke was banned in night clubs now (good for frags!)?

SDV keeps giving me certain emotions. Even though it's a new perfume, I get the same sort of sentimental 'when-I-was-young' feeling like when I wear Habit Rouge (my 22-yo scent). Even though SDV is such a lush, rich scent, it has some kind of nostalgic/sad aura to me. Perhaps the rose combined with the vanilla? Not sure why...

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I wore this out to a nightclub last Saturday. Mind you, this is NOT the type of fragrance I usually wear in club/dance situations (gourmands turn chokingly cloying in Miami humidity). But SDV worked like a charm and that boozy/vanilla chord cut through the smoke and nightclub smells quite nicely. Extremely comforting whiffs of it kept making their way up to my nose all night. I love this stuff.

Basenotes Institution

Oh Mike, sounds great! Thought smoke was banned in night clubs now (good for frags!)?

SDV keeps giving me certain emotions. Even though it's a new perfume, I get the same sort of sentimental 'when-I-was-young' feeling like when I wear Habit Rouge (my 22-yo scent). Even though SDV is such a lush, rich scent, it has some kind of nostalgic/sad aura to me. Perhaps the rose combined with the vanilla? Not sure why...
    Not in Miami - cigarette smoking is allowed in nightclubs here, which always makes it a challenge for me (I quit smoking 4 years ago). That's why a lot of clubs here in S. Florida feature outside areas, where one can get away from the loud music and the cigarette smoke. A few new bars in Miami Beach are smoke-free...however those are the ones that are usually filled with customers who have the MOST horrible attitudes. Murphy's Law I guess.

I can relate the melancholic aura of SDV Ulrik. I imagine it would smell quite perfect worn in some very solitary, isolated environment also (a day browsing an old, dusty book store; visiting the inside of a cathedral; a deep hike in the forest).
    "Realize deeply that the present moment is all you will ever have."

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Shalimar by Guerlain

I hate smoke ...

In Holland you are allowed to smoke in clubs, but it will all end on July the first, from that day on it will not be allowed to smoke in nearly any public place, including nightclubs! Wooohooo!

Ooh sorry this is off-topic! But my sample is still on it's way!
    Last edited by DutchSmell; 10th May 2008 at 04:58 PM.

I hate smoke ...

In Holland you are allowed to smoke in clubs, but it will all end on July the first, from that day on it will not be allowed to smoke in nearly any public place, including nightclubs! Wooohooo!

Ooh sorry this is off-topic! But my sample is still on it's way!
    Smoking was banned in bars, restaurants and night clubs here in NY a few years ago. Well inside. There are smoking areas on outside porches.
    ===
    [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me nave, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross. ~ David Sedaris

Blog Entries

Those still looking for SDV might also try the Guerlain boutique in Toronto (416-929-6114). I bought my bottle there in February, and the SA was extremely helpful - said they had recently ordered all the remaining stock of SDV from the Canadian Guerlain warehouse in Montreal. And of course they do shipping, which will very likely be less expensive from Canada than from France.

Quote Originally Posted by kopah View Post
    Those still looking for SDV might also try the Guerlain boutique in Toronto (416-929-6114). I bought my bottle there in February, and the SA was extremely helpful - said they had recently ordered all the remaining stock of SDV from the Canadian Guerlain warehouse in Montreal. And of course they do shipping, which will very likely be less expensive from Canada than from France.
    Not for someone who lives in The Netherlands!!

But thanks!

Say DutchSmell: in the unlikely event that you shouldn't like SDV I'd be more than willing to buy or trade the remainder of the sample from/with you! I've been meaning to give this one a try myself.
    Last edited by Merlino; 12th May 2008 at 09:40 AM.
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & Rve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/