Code of Conduct

Default Tried Versace Pour Homme

Iím a big fan of Eau Fraiche and Bright Crystal, but this fragrance is the main disappointment of the year for me. First notes are very similar to Dunhill London, but after 10 minutes scent turns into Allure Homme Sport and after that it isnít changed. To my opinion Versace PH is the absolute copy of Chanelís frag. The lasting power is average, not high as in Allure HS.

Unhappy Re: Tried Versace Pour Homme

Talking about stealing the words out of my mouth...that was dead on!...smells just like the chanel sport in the grey bottle and thats too bad..

Default Re: Tried Versace Pour Homme

If we're talking about the NEW Versace, yes, it is rather tepid and lame. So sad.
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

If it smells just like Chanel, does it cost any cheaper? Maybe it will end up in doscount stores soon.

Shame, Versace did not produce anything special for ten or more years.

Just to make the distinction, you are not talking about Versace L'Homme from 1984 - which is a very unique, bold, multi layered fascinating scent. One of the best from that era in my opinion.

Versace Pour Homme from 2008, I guess. I have not sniffed it yet.

L'homme is not Pour Homme - names are different. We are talking about Pour Homme.

Here, in Russia, Versace PH is cheaper than Allure HS for $10. But the longevity of Chanel is much more better, so If I were a fan of Allure Homme Sport, I would prefer only it.

It is rather strange that Alberto Morillas, a talented and experienced perfumer, has created this imitation.
    Maybe, it's a new politic of Versace - to make copies of famous scents. For example, Versace New for women is an analogue of J'adore, to my mind.
    Last edited by AntonPan; 9th May 2008 at 02:42 PM.

When the talented designer passed away, the brand died IMO.

This is almost identical to Allure Homme Sport as previously noted.
    The similarity is uncanny... *shrug*

Tried it again... and bought it. Really mystic fragrance. I've found some differences between it and Allure Homme Sport. They are not full copies, it was just a first impression.
    1. Allure HS has one note, maybe that marine accord, which makes me a headache. Versace doesn't have such note.
    2. Versace is, as I think, more elegant. It has something sour inside and this note plays wonderful.
    3. The bottle of Versace is transparent, so I can know when it ends. The bottle of Versace is more beatiful as well.
    4. With my discount cart Versace is cheaper than Allure for about 30$ for 100 ml.

The longevity of Versace is worse.

Poor House Versace they just can't get it right I guess. The only best scent from this house is Verace L'Homme which I fear they are phasing out.

Blog Entries

You can say that again. The only other half decent one from Versace is Versus, but doesn't exude the same quality as L'Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Poor House Versace they just can't get it right I guess. The only best scent from this house is Verace L'Homme which I fear they are phasing out.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    Tried it again... and bought it. Really mystic fragrance. I've found some differences between it and Allure Homme Sport. They are not full copies, it was just a first impression.
    1. Allure HS has one note, maybe that marine accord, which makes me a headache. Versace doesn't have such note.
    2. Versace is, as I think, more elegant. It has something sour inside and this note plays wonderful.
    The longevity of Versace is worse.
    I had a similar experience than you did. The similarities are more obvious in the beginning and then the Versace starts to develop into a different and IMO better direction. I also find it more elegant and mature and lacking the melony-marine-aquatic-part of Sport which my nose can't stand. There's also a very interesting "Italian" vibe going on in the Versace ph and I like so much that I'm now considering to buy a bottle of this stuff. The longevity isn't it's strenght though, but I can live with it.

the new versace is really nice, great longevity, sillage and projection, not a complex smell obviously but share nice balance between aquatic and spicy notes....

aquatic, spicy, awful, Chanel's clone
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel