Code of Conduct

Default man.aubusson a rip off of Nikos Sculpture !!!!

hands downs, the classic wins! Nikos Scuplture is just too clean and the projection is just perfect for hot summers here in bombay. those who tried man.aubusson and felt its dirty and missing something? Nikos is the answer, i was blunt surprised to see how aubusson ripped this one off nikos shamelessly..

a definite must try for people who like lil medicinal/herbs/minty/clean fragrances and also for people who live in hot and humid places, this one (nikos) wont leave you until you sleep. a classic,a must have just bcoz it unique. no other frag smells like this one. atleast IMHO....a winner

Default Re: man.aubusson a rip off of Nikos Sculpture !!!!

Sculputure is the sharper of the two, but otherwise they are very similar indeed. They're both very crisp ambery fougere scents.

Have you tried Diesel Plus Plus? Subtract the milk note out of it, and what's left is very similar to Sculpture too.
    Renato

I have never tried Sculpture but I do have Nikos (red juice) and it's a nice gourmand. I guess I'll have to try it soon. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem made me more into gourmand scents.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Basenotes Plus

Despite the similarities, I think man.aubusson is a vastly underrated gem and is far superior to Sculpture. I recently found a rare man.aubusson shower gel on Ebay to complement the edt. Great stuff!

agreed Stu, just that Man.A becomes a lil cloying for the whether over here...

Nikos Sculpture is nice sweet, vanilla overdose. Nothing special but it's nice. I got it as a gift and will wear it during summer time. I repeat this is not a masterpiece as the OP obviously thinks it is and can be purchased over here in the Netherlands for very cheap.
    Last edited by Man_from_Shalimar; 6th December 2009 at 04:18 PM.

I just received my bottle of Aubusson.Man and I have to say I am impressed - it is not has sharp as Sculpture and it lasts a lot more longer with amazing sillage. I can see that not being suited for hotter regions.

Dunhill Desire always smelled very similar to Sculpture for me, and is much easier to find. The Nikos is better blended

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    I just received my bottle of Aubusson.Man and I have to say I am impressed - it is not has sharp as Sculpture and it lasts a lot more longer with amazing sillage. I can see that not being suited for hotter regions.
    I think Man.Aubusson would be suited to hot weather. Whenever I travel to anywhere hot on vacation, I'd eventually get sick of wearing Chrome all the time, so I have small bottles of the sharp ambery fougeres to switch to, as they hang around most of the day while doing the tourist thing. I mainly use Laguna, Diesel Plus Plus, Fred Hayman Touch, which have the same effect on my nose as Sculpture and Man.Aubusson, but my bottles of the latter two are too big for travelling. The Sculpture one is too inconveniently shaped as well.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 6th February 2010 at 02:07 AM.

If you like those two gems you might want to try out basics by sans soucis.
    A little brand, quite queap and IMO (almost) equally good as sculpture.