Code of Conduct

Default fake TERRE D'HERMES

is there any way to tell if a terre d'hermes is fake?? i got it from a store that sells perfumes,handbags, in new york city. i got mugler cologne form them eb4 which was good and real but i saw they have 4oz creed SMW,SANTAL,GREEN IRISH TWEED,MI, AND ORIGINAL VETIVER. and on the boxes they have little creed signs all over the box, and if i rememebr correctly i read somewhere here that if creed has little creeds emblems all over the box then its a fake. i bought a terre d;hermes form them now i worry that it might be fake. maybe im just reaching

Default Re: fake TERRE D'HERMES

Authentic Creed boxes do have the Creed logo all over the box. That doesn't mean their Creeds aren't fake, though.

I've never heard of Terre d'Hermes being counterfeited before, but it doesn't mean it can't happen.

Original Santal and Original Vetiver haven't been bootlegged.
    The gradient fade on the glass is gonna deter the bootleggers.
    Also, Terre D'Hermes isn't super-mega popular (acqua Di Gio) or super-mega expensive(GIT), 2 things which generally make the bootleggers gravitate. If you're worried, get the limited edition H-bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtyivier View Post
    is there any way to tell if a terre d'hermes is fake??
    This fragrance is so original you can tell if your bottle is a fake even if you haven't smelled Terre d'Hermes before. Your location says Abu Dhabi. If that's correct, why settle for a shop that you have suspicions about?
    Last edited by Mostapha; 9th May 2008 at 12:32 PM.
    Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

Blog Entries

well there are ALOT of shady shops here in NYC.

basically, the key depends on the location of the shop....and the price you are paying for something. IF something is very cheap, or seems too cheap to be real....then most likely it's not real....

having said that, i've bought perfume several times from shops that were selling it cheap....but i NEVER buy them from shops that are selling them VERY cheap.

Alot of the shops here don't really put 'fake' colognes into the bottles...instead, they water them down so they are just lighter....and then sell em for cheap. The other day in Brooklyn, i found a shop selling 100s of sealed bottles of Kuoros for $10 each....the big bottle. I smelled it and can confirm that it was real.....it was terrible and awful just like Kuoros should be

where in the city did you buy it? which area?
    Last edited by everso; 9th May 2008 at 12:21 PM.

i got it from a shop in brooklyn, in New York. in a very popular and populated area. I got mugler cologne before also from them and it was great. the Terry D'Hermes bottle ran me $56 with tax for a 1.7. the thing is i had a small sample that i got from sephora and i sprayed on a tshirt. and this Hermes that i bought doesnt smell as amazing as the smell on that t-shirt

Blog Entries

i got it from a shop in brooklyn, in New York. in a very popular and populated area. I got mugler cologne before also from them and it was great. the Terry D'Hermes bottle ran me $56 with tax for a 1.7. the thing is i had a small sample that i got from sephora and i sprayed on a tshirt. and this Hermes that i bought doesnt smell as amazing as the smell on that t-shirt
    where in brooklyn?

i don't think what you bought is fake...$56 is not cheap at all for a small bottle of Terre De Hermes.......new york 'cheap' means $15 for a bottle of that!

maybe you just need to use it a bit more...y'know sometimes fragrances smell differently when you're sampling them vs. buying them....psychological maybe?

i got it on kings highway and east 14 at S&T cosmetics,handbags,perfumes.

my little sample tube was from sephora a few days ago. I fell in love with it instantly and use dit all up within 2 days. Then i bought a 1.7 oz. bottle from S&T. i still have the smell from the sample tube on one of my shirts from 2 days ago and it smells as wonderful as ever. but on my shirt from yesterday the smell isnt as great. maybe im just being paranoid, but ive bought mugler cologne from them before and it was wonderful.

Sometimes when you get a sample it's older or fresher than a bottle you might get, so they can be different. Creeds for example can be really different from the samples or other bottles. Cheap bottle might mean overstock, old stock etc.

Creeds full of emblems mean that it's a more recent box. They started those boxes a couple of years ago. Fakers copied those boxes too.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Slumberhouse : Norne
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

o ok
    when you are talking about a perfume called ''terry d hermes'' its a conterdicshions between diffrent peoples.
    Some says that its a perfume with a great long lasting power and some says that its nothing but a waist of mony to buy such a chep lemon water that just evaporate in an hore.
    As far as cunsurn real or fake let me tell you very intresring thing.
    I am from pakistan and we have a very big marker of perfume oils hear
    i have buy a perfume oil of teery d herms and mix with 100 pure alchol and some outher ealiment.
    I have made it with 30% ratsho of perfume oil and what a perfume i got
    then i sudenly think that if a home made kind of perfume is like this then i should go with an orignal one.
    So i go to a big perfume shop and ask him for an 100 ml edp tery d hermes
    i just get back home without testing it becose i have alrady find it best.
    But i just got surprized when its just evaporate in just an hour
    the fake one i have made at home by myself if 1000% bater then this orinal perfume
    i just get back to the store and get my mony back
    the fake one is giving me the 10 to 12 hour of lasting on my skin and i am quite happy with that
    i dont no its an ans of your qust but i just want to shear my experince with the people on this fourm.
    My eng is not good i know that so if you find out any kind of conterdicshion between what i am trying to say and what i realy mean then just cunsidar that its not my mother lngue

is there any way to tell if a terre d'hermes is fake??
    Yes, look for the words 'Yardley Citrus and Wood' on the box

Quote Originally Posted by marais View Post
    yes, look for the words 'yardley citrus and wood' on the box
    lol!

Terry d'Hermes? okaaaaayyyyyyyy
    my blog : bonnygonggrijp.blogspot.com

Lalique Pour Homme

Quote Originally Posted by Tallat View Post
    when you are talking about a perfume called ''terry d hermes'' its a conterdicshions between diffrent peoples.
    Some says that its a perfume with a great long lasting power and some says that its nothing but a waist of mony to buy such a chep lemon water that just evaporate in an hore.
    As far as cunsurn real or fake let me tell you very intresring thing.
    I am from pakistan and we have a very big marker of perfume oils hear
    i have buy a perfume oil of teery d herms and mix with 100 pure alchol and some outher ealiment.
    I have made it with 30% ratsho of perfume oil and what a perfume i got
    then i sudenly think that if a home made kind of perfume is like this then i should go with an orignal one.
    So i go to a big perfume shop and ask him for an 100 ml edp tery d hermes
    i just get back home without testing it becose i have alrady find it best.
    But i just got surprized when its just evaporate in just an hour
    the fake one i have made at home by myself if 1000% bater then this orinal perfume
    i just get back to the store and get my mony back
    the fake one is giving me the 10 to 12 hour of lasting on my skin and i am quite happy with that
    i dont no its an ans of your qust but i just want to shear my experince with the people on this fourm.
    My eng is not good i know that so if you find out any kind of conterdicshion between what i am trying to say and what i realy mean then just cunsidar that its not my mother lngue
    You're about 5 years too late. Great first post!

Why?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Also, Terre D'Hermes isn't super-mega popular (acqua Di Gio) or super-mega expensive(GIT), 2 things which generally make the bootleggers gravitate. If you're worried, get the limited edition H-bottle.
    ^ this

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    You're about 5 years too late. Great first post!
    Just noticed that. Way to bump a 5 year old thread. OP probably figured out if it was fake by now. I hope.