Code of Conduct

Default Givenchy Pi & Yves Saint Laurent Pour Homme.

Hi Guys,

I've been doing some random browsing of this forum and Givenchy Pi & Yves Saint Laurent Pour Homme seem to be raved and mentioned alot on here.

I bought Gaultier2 blind, didn't like it that much. I thought it was an OK scent. I wore it one day and got so many compliments at work. It was sweet - sorta smelt like vanilla popcorn.

I don't really get aany time to go out and smell fragrances, so most of my purchases are blind [gives me a thrill]. How would you guys rate Givenchy Pi & Yves Saint Laurent Pour Homme? Are they worth it? Yves Saint Laurent Pour Homme seems to be a classic - I've seen it in my dads fragrance collection when I was younger. Along with Kurous [sp?] and Versace L'Homme.

Editted to Add: I just realised that there's a EDT and EDP version of Yves Saint Laurent's Pour Homme - which stresses me out LOL. I've read that they both smell different. Which is the better version in your opinion?
    Last edited by interludeINC21; 10th May 2008 at 02:27 AM.

Default Re: Givenchy Pi & Yves Saint Laurent Pour Homme.

I prefer something more complex than Pi. Either Acier Aluminium or Egoiste. Still Pi is good by itself.
    As for YSL PH... I have only tried the EDT version. It was good but there are better. I would recommend Aqua di Parma Colonia, Chanel pour monsieur or signoricci instead. By the way, YSL PH is different than LHomme.

Sur la Plage

I know there is a YSL PH and a YSL PH Haute Concentration. I believe both are EDTs. IMO - The original YSL PH is better.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I didn't care for YSL when I sampled it. I usually recommend Corduroy to guys who ask me about an inexpensive frag that you will like and the people around you will also, and that's not too strong.

Blog Entries

Pi is very sweet and very heavy. I wouldn't recommend it this time of year tho unless you were willing to wear it lightly. It has a very delicious dry down and lasts a very long time on me. Try to get a sample of it if you can because it is very sweet like G2...but in a different way. However, they have similar drydowns, which are their best parts.I t was my first purchase after reading about here last year and I'll always have it but I have not worn it more than once since the weather went past 60*. It will stay as part of my cold weather rotation though.
    Last edited by reneirwold878; 10th May 2008 at 08:12 AM.
    Looking for:
    Versace Man eau Fraiche - Please PM me if you have it!

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...r8877/haha.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys.
    I don't mind sweet fragrances - I think I'll get the both. They're not really that expensive.
    I'll put up reviews when I test em out!

I've recently purchased YSL PH Haute Concentration and love it. Very crisp verbena, lemon scent with a ton of herbs in the heart, and just a hint of something sweaty to spice it up a bit. That is, a real man's scent, not a fabricated "clean" smell. It's in the black box, not the red one, and is about $25 on ebay.

Ged
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

If you want Pi, try to dig up the EdP version (yes, they make one). It's a bit less woodsy, but the longevity is striking and seems more well-blended.

YSL PH is okay, but unlike the other YSLs, I see no need to buy this one (yet). It's definitely more "old-school," but has a really nice lemon note. I'd say the Pi would be better for cooler weather, and the YSL for wamer weather.

I have the HC version of YSL PH. Took a while to appreciate and now I love it. Longevity is amazing for a citrus (8 hours or more) and its got this animalic undertone. It's sexually suggestive to say the least.
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M