Code of Conduct

Default Cat Loves Creed Royal Water

Tonight I gave my wife my 120ml bottle of Creed Royal Water, which she applied to her arms and thought was very good. This was the bottle I'd bought for myself, but decided wasn't masculine enough.

We were watching a movie when her tabby cat did something unusual and jumped up on the couch's armrest, with a funny look on its face.
    My wife went to get drink and the cat followed her into the kitchen and back, something it normally doesn't do.
    Back on the couch, the cat jumped up onto my wife and started sniffing her arm.
    Then it started licking the arm - non stop - it really liked the Royal Water.
    Then it went after the other arm.

As an experiment I sprayed some Royal Water on the back of my hand, and placed it near the cat. She sniffed it and then tried licking it off too.

My wife has around 160 perfumes, and has never seen her cat react in this fashion to any of them.

There is a neighbour's young tom cat which hangs around the back porch and to whom my wife gives cat biscuits. Our tabby cat either ignores him or attacks him. I suggested that tomorrow we spray some Royal Water on the neighbour's cat, and see if that makes him attractive to our cat - could be like an episode of Pepe Le Pew given their previous history.

Does anybody else's cat react in this way to Creed Royal Water?
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 10th May 2008 at 03:12 PM.

Default Re: Cat Loves Creed Royal Water

I have a female cat too. She had never liked any of my frags until the night I applied a bit of an Arabian Oud on my wrist. She sniffed my wrist for a long time and followed me around the house. I will try Royal Water later. I have a sample vial of it.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Holy moly, did I see that right? 160 perfumes? That must be quite a sight to behold, pics plz?

Quote Originally Posted by charlielu View Post
    Holy moly, did I see that right? 160 perfumes? That must be quite a sight to behold, pics plz?
    She only had nearly 40 when we started going out nearly five years ago. The rest were presents from me.

Most of them are in various drawers and cupboards, after I told her how light affects them, and to keep them in the dark.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 10th May 2008 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KiatBkk View Post
    I have a female cat too. She had never liked any of my frags until the night I applied a bit of an Arabian Oud on my wrist. She sniffed my wrist for a long time and followed me around the house. I will try Royal Water later. I have a sample vial of it.
    It might be interesting if you put the Oud on one hand, and Royal Water on the other, and see which one she likes best.
    Renato

What a lovely story. Your cat must have a distinguished nose by now with your big fragrance collection. I too have a cat and feel the need to get a sample/decant of Creed Royal Catnip

Glad some(body)(thing) actually likes royal water...

^ lol

Well, that's a cat with good taste,, Creed... none less

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pugsley_f5 View Post
    Glad some(body)(thing) actually likes royal water...
    I honestly like it quite a bit. It doesn't particularly distinguish itself amongst the Creeds but I still found it to be very pleasing.

I apparently like the Creeds most people don't though (that one along with Original Santal would be my two favorites).
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

I had a cat do this too, but with Cristalle EDT. I thought he must really like it, then I reconsidered - maybe he hates it and in his kindness is trying to clean me of it! Hmmm...

My cat would thoroughly nuzzle my hand for as long as I'd let her after I had a smoke. Very perplexing, indeed.
    My limited 'drobe: Boss In Motion, Armani Code, Concentre d'Orange Verte, Paul Smith Story.

This doesn't bode well for me. I just received a decant of Royal Water today from the Perfumed Court and I am highly allergic to cats. Guess I'll have to watch where I go when wearing it. If it's this popular with the feline's should we call it Creednip?

My cat seems to have the best taste in fragrance. If it's an esteemed scent here on basenotes, he'll like it. The most notable being Musc Ravageur.

Quote Originally Posted by orchid74 View Post
    What a lovely story. Your cat must have a distinguished nose by now with your big fragrance collection. I too have a cat and feel the need to get a sample/decant of Creed Royal Catnip
    My wife had a chuckle over your comment. She's a cat person.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by bluesoul View Post
    I honestly like it quite a bit. It doesn't particularly distinguish itself amongst the Creeds but I still found it to be very pleasing.

I apparently like the Creeds most people don't though (that one along with Original Santal would be my two favorites).
    It doesn't displease me either, but the one I have is definitely not the same as the something more masculine that I tried in a store tester of Royal Water.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisewater View Post
    I had a cat do this too, but with Cristalle EDT. I thought he must really like it, then I reconsidered - maybe he hates it and in his kindness is trying to clean me of it! Hmmm...
    That's one considerate cat you have there!
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by HughLloyd View Post
    My cat would thoroughly nuzzle my hand for as long as I'd let her after I had a smoke. Very perplexing, indeed.
    When I had two tabby cats and one tom, they never did this - although two of them were relatively feral at most times, except for dinner time.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by FRAGFAN View Post
    This doesn't bode well for me. I just received a decant of Royal Water today from the Perfumed Court and I am highly allergic to cats. Guess I'll have to watch where I go when wearing it. If it's this popular with the feline's should we call it Creednip?
    This may certainly be problematic. Don't go into any strange alleys.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    My cat seems to have the best taste in fragrance. If it's an esteemed scent here on basenotes, he'll like it. The most notable being Musc Ravageur.
    Seems to me you'd better take that cat along to the perfume counters. Or rent it out to some of our bretheren here with somewhat suspect taste, for their shopping expiditions.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    I suggested that tomorrow we spray some Royal Water on the neighbour's cat, and see if that makes him attractive to our cat - could be like an episode of Pepe Le Pew given their previous history.

Renato
    roflmao

Quote Originally Posted by fredricktoo View Post
    roflmao
    I hope there wasn't a cat down there!
    Renato

Renato, did you use Royal Water on the other cat? I'm interested on what happened. lol

That's funny, when I wear Royal Water the dog loves to sniff and lick me. But then again, so does the wife ;-). So no complaints here!
    Last edited by Maz24; 2nd September 2008 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delia View Post
    Renato, did you use Royal Water on the other cat? I'm interested on what happened. lol
    Unfortunately, it's become one of those things we're always going to do, but never get around to doing it.

I'll have to press my wife on this experimentation issue.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Maz24 View Post
    That's funny, when I wear Royal Water the dog loves to sniff and lick me. But then again, so does the wife ;-). So no complaints here!
    So Royal Water is multipurpose!

Just as well, I paid A$100 for this bottle at Strawberrynet, now it costs A$269 from there. Phew!
    Renato

Thats really funny about spraying the neighbor's cat, that had me cracking up!! I can picture you saying this to your wife all serious and her looking at you like what the F is wrong with my husband! LOL
    Last edited by TheAttorney; 3rd September 2008 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAttorney View Post
    Thats really funny about spraying the neighbor's cat, that had me cracking up!! I can picture you saying this to your wife all serious and her looking at you like what the F is wrong with my husband! LOL
    How did you know that she sometimes thinks my ideas are a bit wacky?
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Tonight I gave my wife my 120ml bottle of Creed Royal Water, which she applied to her arms and thought was very good. This was the bottle I'd bought for myself, but decided wasn't masculine enough.

We were watching a movie when her tabby cat did something unusual and jumped up on the couch's armrest, with a funny look on its face.
    My wife went to get drink and the cat followed her into the kitchen and back, something it normally doesn't do.
    Back on the couch, the cat jumped up onto my wife and started sniffing her arm.
    Then it started licking the arm - non stop - it really liked the Royal Water.
    Then it went after the other arm.

As an experiment I sprayed some Royal Water on the back of my hand, and placed it near the cat. She sniffed it and then tried licking it off too.

My wife has around 160 perfumes, and has never seen her cat react in this fashion to any of them.

There is a neighbour's young tom cat which hangs around the back porch and to whom my wife gives cat biscuits. Our tabby cat either ignores him or attacks him. I suggested that tomorrow we spray some Royal Water on the neighbour's cat, and see if that makes him attractive to our cat - could be like an episode of Pepe Le Pew given their previous history.

Renato
    Loooooool !!!! Ive Neger laughed so hard!! What a cute cat! Mine died before I got into BN im wondering what she would have done!she was one crazy ass cat!!

Default Conducted the Experiment.

So we finally got around to conducting the test.

My wife is now good friends with the neighbour's cat, who often darts into the house.

So my wife let the neighbour's tom cat into the house, and sprayed it with Creed Royal Water. Then she brought her Creed loving tabby cat into the room. The tabby immediately tried to get close to the tom cat - who immediately got very uncomfortable and darted away from her.

But the tabby cat, noting that the tom cat seemed kind of freaked out, did not pursue him any longer.

End of experiment.
    Renato

hahaha, that cat actually loves the frag more than it hates the other cat?boy, maybe you shoulda given the bottle to your cat, looks like theres no way ypur wife can ever appreaciate that gift as much as the cat would

Quote Originally Posted by timaru View Post
    hahaha, that cat actually loves the frag more than it hates the other cat?boy, maybe you shoulda given the bottle to your cat, looks like theres no way ypur wife can ever appreaciate that gift as much as the cat would
    We don't really want to wind up having schizo cats around the place - they're finnicky enough as they are.
    Renato

I am still stuck on the 160 bottles of perfume. Oooohhh, to just sit and look at them all. It must take some time figure out which one to wear. Lucky lady right there! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jody View Post
    I am still stuck on the 160 bottles of perfume. Oooohhh, to just sit and look at them all. It must take some time figure out which one to wear. Lucky lady right there! ;-)
    Hi Jody,
    I've bought her a lot more since. Just three weeks ago I walked past a store that was closng down and bought her a dozen or so tester bottles (Issey Miyake Summer, Brasil Dream, various Salvador Dali ones etc). It's not all easy going though. When we moved house six weeks ago, she had six forty litre plastic storage boxes full of scents that I had to lug around and drive over to the new place.

I was kind of worried - if I'd had an accident I could have been incinerated.
    Cheers,
    Renato

P.S. Her now 19 year old cat still likes Royal Water, but has in the last few weeks started acting just as crazy when we have Cookies and Cream ice cream.