Code of Conduct

Default intense euphoria - a review and thoughts

I finally received a bottle of the euphoria flanker - intense euphoria. The scent is very much different then the original version. Itís deeper and richer with sweet amber and a very deep suede/patchouli accord on the base note. The fragrance itself complements the women's version very nicely for it has that same deep rich depth to it - unlike the men's original. For a plus this scent last a very long time one me with good sillage.

Some how I have the feeling that this was one of the original selections for Euphoria for men. But some where between marketing at Coty it was decided to go with that watery not long lasting version. The intense really has a fall/winter wear feeling to it and most likely the decision was for a version that could be used year around to increase sales.

I will say that Guess did beat Calvin to the punch with their Guess Suede which very much is carbon copy of Intense Euphoria. Personally I like Guess better! The woody mahogany notes really off set rich suede notes.

In all intense is not bad at all but it just makes you think if the first version would have used this jus it would have been a bigger hit.

Default Re: intense euphoria - a review and thoughts

I haven't tried Euphoria yet but I do have Guess Suede and I'm lovin' it. The drydown is so elegant and classy.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Interesting.. I've been trying to find it at the malls here but I dont think they've got it yet.. or maybe i'm not trying hard enough.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Blog Entries

I haven't seen it anywhere but eBay but more stores in Europe apparently are stocking it. Still sort of curious about it but not enough to buy.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

guess suede is amazing,... very rich, comfortable and sexy.... could be my next purchase... if theres something similar between "intense " and suede ,.. i must try the new version .,.

I tried both this one and the original today - very interesting the contrast between the two.

Still, I didn't like it much.
    It was so sweet it reminded me of Black XS, but more cloying.
    Now, about 7 hours later, I like it better than I have for most of the day. I certainly can't complain about it's longevity, like I did with the original.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by javagreen View Post
    Interesting.. I've been trying to find it at the malls here but I dont think they've got it yet.. or maybe i'm not trying hard enough.
    try the Guess Suede, you'll be pleasantly surprised.