Code of Conduct

Threaded View

Default I Hate CB's I Hate Perfume

As some people know I am testing many different scents for the last couple of weeks and of course I didn't want to skip Christopher Brosius's new line: I hate Perfume.

And after reading this on his website I was totally sold:

I hate perfume.

Perfume is too often an ethereal corset trapping everyone in the same unnatural shape

A lazy and inelegant concession to fashionable ego

Too often a substitute for true allure and style

An opaque shell concealing everything – revealing nothing

A childish masque hiding the timid and unimaginative

An arrogant slap in the face from across the room

People who smell like everyone else disgust me

Perfume is a veil that reveals the soul

Perfume is the fanfare of our individuality sounding differently to everyone who listens

Perfume is a signpost to our true selves – a different journey for the brave to travel

Perfume is the weather of our inner world bringing life to a personal landscape

Perfume is an art that shows us who we can be if we dare – an invisible portrait of who we are

Perfume is discovered fully only by our lovers when we are together - naked

I encourage you to be yourself, expand yourself and please yourself

Allow yourself the luxury of your own vision

Perfume is an adventure I encourage you to explore

I love making perfume

I love being a perfumer
    I mean, you have to admit, that just sounds great!

So, I ordered many 8ML decants from the TPC and so far it has been one big disappointment!

Burning Leaves smells just like a BBQ and is totally unwearable on it's own!
    Wild Hunt is fun for a minute and actually well done IF you want to smell like some bushes. The name and story behind it is great, but so far I have found nobody who actually liked the scent!
    Gathering Apples smells far too "plastic" for my taste!
    Black March actually ain't bad and one of the few I will wear from time to time.
    Memory of Kindness...now I don't know what the fuss is about, but this smells just like Wild Hunt with small differences. Again, a great story (about his grandmothers garden..) but disappointing smell and for me it doesn't bring up any memories at all!
    Fire from Heaven is the last I have tested and is just like Black March I could see myself wearing it, but it would never be bottle-worthy!

Sorry if this has become some sort or rant, but after spending over $80 on these samples I just had to share it with you! And of course I would very much like to know your opinion!

What am I missing here, or is this line just heavily over-rated?
    Last edited by DutchSmell; 10th May 2008 at 10:35 PM.