Code of Conduct

Question Anyone know what's upcoming for Bond No. 9?

Has anyone gotten wind of upcoming fragrances from Bond No. 9? Any non-Warhol inspired stuff?

It was rumored for a while last year that Astor Place, Sutton Place and Brooklyn were all in the works. Union Square was mentioned in that particular rumor (NowSmellThis) and that one came to fruition.

Default Re: Anyone know what's upcoming for Bond No. 9?

Quote Originally Posted by zestyfresh View Post
    Has anyone gotten wind of upcoming fragrances from Bond No. 9? Any non-Warhol inspired stuff?

It was rumored for a while last year that Astor Place, Sutton Place and Brooklyn were all in the works. Union Square was mentioned in that particular rumor (NowSmellThis) and that one came to fruition.
    I would like to know this too! Although I love Silver Factory, I don't like Union Square.

After Astor Place, what will it be next? Apt. A, Apt. B, Apt.C? I don't know. It is my opinion that Bond should keep Bleeker Street and scrap everything else to sell it on Ebay for a ridiculously low price and start over. I truely love Bleeker Street, I can't believe it. However, the rest can fade to black.

Oh how I wish I knew. Why do fragrance houses wait so long to just announce whats up and coming?

Oh and Bleecker Street is definatley the tits! Man is that stuff amazing. Though I can't say that I would agree to throw ALL of the Bonds away as I've only tried Bleecker and New Harrlem. New Harrlem is well made but not my style.

Blog Entries

i don't understand all the negativity you guys have towards Bond No. 9.

they really are an interesting company....once you go to their actual shop with all their stuff under one roof, you'll see........

Bleecker Street is alright...a bit too feminine for me. I much prefer New Harlem, Great Jones (even though it is exactly Paco Rabanne), Wall Street, and a bunch of others....they've got SO MANY fragrances, and the quality is impeccable.

I don't care if their shop had 200 strobe lights, was painted by DaVinci, or was made of platinum. All that matters is the juice man - - - its all about the juice.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    All that matters is the juice man - - - its all about the juice.
    But what about the cute bottles?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    I don't care if their shop had 200 strobe lights, was painted by DaVinci, or was made of platinum. All that matters is the juice man - - - its all about the juice.
    true..and they have PLENTY of different fragrances to choose from. I saw 100s....there's surely something there for everyone...

I'm wearing New Haarlem today and enjoying it immensely. It's about 75 degrees and sunny out, but 3 sprays are perfect! I've been smelling myself all day! I smelled Amen Coffee this weekend (which isn't bad)and it inspired me to wear my New Haarlem today. My wife said Amen Coffee needs a little more of the coffee scent to set it apart from Amen.

I also love Bond Central Park. It's a Top 3 scent in my collection.

I've smelled New haarlem and I've enjoyed it too, besides that I really liked Hamptons and Wall Street. I think Coney island is the one I didn't like.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

I stopped by Saks this past Saturday to see my buddy at the Bond counter--who happened to jump ship over to Prada at Neiman Marcus--hoping to get some info. My fave Bond rep however was working the counter but she was completely swamped, probably for Mother's Day. I told her I'd come back later in the week and that I was finally ready to purchase my SEVENTH bottle: Chinatown. Hopefully she'll have some info for me that I can pass on. She gave me a couple of samples to make do until.

I currently own, listed in order of favorite: Fire Island, Gramercy Park, Little Italy, Riverside Drive, Hamptons and Bleecker Street.

Wall Street was a scrubber for me....and in fact I was kinda nauseated the rest of the day from it.

Currently on the "to try" or "re-try" list are: Bryant Park, West Side, Nouveau Bowery, Great Jones and HOT Always, thanks to Tania Sanchez!

Quote Originally Posted by zestyfresh View Post
    I stopped by Saks this past Saturday to see my buddy at the Bond counter--who happened to jump ship over to Prada at Neiman Marcus--hoping to get some info. My fave Bond rep however was working the counter but she was completely swamped, probably for Mother's Day. I told her I'd come back later in the week and that I was finally ready to purchase my SEVENTH bottle: Chinatown. Hopefully she'll have some info for me that I can pass on. She gave me a couple of samples to make do until.

I currently own, listed in order of favorite: Fire Island, Gramercy Park, Little Italy, Riverside Drive, Hamptons and Bleecker Street.

Wall Street was a scrubber for me....and in fact I was kinda nauseated the rest of the day from it.

Currently on the "to try" or "re-try" list are: Bryant Park, West Side, Nouveau Bowery, Great Jones and HOT Always, thanks to Tania Sanchez!

Isn't Chinatown a 100% female scent? Or am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by DutchSmell View Post
    Actually, BN Directory lists it as a unisex scent, though reviewers tend to agree that it is on the feminine side of unisex. Anyway, since when were male Basenoters scared of "women's perfume"?

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    I went to Saks and sampled most of the bond scents - of the ten or so I smelled, only one or two did anything for me (Central Park and Bleecker Street).

The bottles, ok the other hand, surprised me. The designs that I so loved online turned out to be stickers on the bottles! Poorly printed ones, at that - some were noticeably pixelated.

I really hope that those were just the sample bottles and the real ones were better. The one I bought was in the clear bottles, and I didn't see any real bottles of the ones that were stickers (as the scents didn't interest me enough to buy them).

Does anyone know if the design on bottles such as Bleecker Street are stickers? If so, that just seems cheap, as most of the frags aren't worth that much for the juice alone, and I'm someone who cares about the bottles too.

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    I went to Saks and sampled most of the bond scents - of the ten or so I smelled, only one or two did anything for me (Central Park and Bleecker Street).

The bottles, ok the other hand, surprised me. The designs that I so loved online turned out to be stickers on the bottles! Poorly printed ones, at that - some were noticeably pixelated.

I really hope that those were just the sample bottles and the real ones were better. The one I bought was in the clear bottles, and I didn't see any real bottles of the ones that were stickers (as the scents didn't interest me enough to buy them).

Does anyone know if the design on bottles such as Bleecker Street are stickers? If so, that just seems cheap, as most of the frags aren't worth that much for the juice alone, and I'm someone who cares about the bottles too.

Quote Originally Posted by DutchSmell View Post

I don't really categorize fragrances anymore. If I like it, I'll wear it. That really started happening for me when I discovered niche fragrances. Putting fragrances into distinctly masculine or feminine categories is a very American thing. Compartmentalize it--it makes it easier for the average Joe to understand. I can't tell you how many times I've walked into Dillard's or Macy's and asked to try a "feminine" fragrances and get the reply...."but that's for women!" Whatever! I certainly don't get that when I ask the same in Saks. They get it. I own several fragrances that are considered "feminine": Alexander McQueen Kingdom, Island Michael Kors Hawaii (on which I get TONS of compliments...and I just love a clean, white floral), Dolce and Gabana Light Blue, Bulgari Omnia and Donna Karan Black Cashmere. I most recently re-evaluated Donna Karan Gold based on Tania Sanchez's review in "The Guide" stating: "Easily an everyday fragrance, and dry enough for a man to wear without feeling too campy." And I actually just bought a bottle. But this discussion is definately for another <tired> post.

It's the peachy-patchouli element in Chinatown to which I'm really attracted. It's really no sweeter than, say, L'Artisan's Patchouli Patch. It's exquisite, no matter how you look at it. And I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by baudilus View Post
    The label design on Bleecker Street is indeed a sticker. I think it was probably far too complex of a design to actually be incorporated into a bottle. The label on my bottle is very well done. I've wondered if the label on the Andy Warhol Silver Factory bottle was just too complex to be put on a smaller 1.7 oz bottle. I would have certainly bought a bottle if it were available in that size....but jeez.....$230 for a 3.3 oz??????? I can buy a lot more for that amount of money. My biggest disappointment was the Fire Island bottle. I bought a 1.7 oz and it didn't have the great little "sunburst" around the medallion that I saw in pictures. It's still a great fragrance--and my personal fave of the line--but I was still disappointed.

Sorry for the double posts - my phone didn't properly reload the page after the first one.
    Last edited by baudilus; 13th May 2008 at 02:10 AM.