Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: can you help me find a fragrance?

About Aromatic Elixir. I love the perfume spray, but it has to be dabbed on or misted from a distance. Lots of patchouli though. I have the lotion, but never wear it as I agree it smells quite different- more green, astringent- a little obnoxious actually. Also, I didn't care for the Velvet Sheer version--more like the Smoother lotion.
    As for Youth Dew, I love it, in the bath oil; dabbed on as parfum, or in the bath, or a bit mixed with unscented lotion. The EDP was not for me, it was sweeter, and the "cola" note people speak of is much more present, whereas the oil is wood/patchouli/rose.Very goth.
    I pretty much thought there were no Guerlain's that would work for me. I love Shalimar on others, Jicky is interesting but the civet shrieks on my skin, and Mitsouko is nice but just didn't fit. I do wear Vol de Nuit - it has smoky vanilla of Shalimar I like so much toned down, and tempered with green iris (a favorite note).
    When I think of dark or gothic scents, I think of patchouli and rose, but you may enjoy ambers more, maybe woody ambers. Many can suggest niche here, so here are some you can find at the mall or drugstore:

CK Obsession
    CK Euphoria (sweet/fruity, but amber and dry woody note in base to in dry down, esp the parfum gel)
    Guelain Samsara (dark, rich and sultry)
    YSL Opium (I find the Secret de Parfum and parfum darker- SdP sweeter, and parfum dry)
    Coco (savory and sweet, spicy and leathery- in the parfum anyway--the EDT lighter spicy, no leather, EDP has a more floral emphasis)

Chypres (with some amber):
    Paloma Picasso
    Halston (prefer the parfum)
    GBH Red
    Last edited by leffleur; 6th July 2008 at 05:34 PM.

Last edited by darkdreams; 11th July 2011 at 01:37 AM.

If you like Carolina, but think its too light/doesn't last, you might like Flowerbomb, although you might also think its too sweet. I'd also suggest you try Chanel Allure Sensuelle.

Last edited by darkdreams; 11th July 2011 at 01:38 AM.